FedEx Freight | indy rebid

imported_bumped

TB Lurker
Credits
indy just started their 12th bid in just a few months, now they are rebidding again adding drivers by the the dozens, and adding boo coo more runs, whats going on?

[quote author=bumped link=topic=80117.msg829384#msg829384 date=1273749751]
indy just started their 12th bid in just a few months, now they are rebidding again adding drivers by the the dozens, and adding boo coo more runs, whats going on?
[/quote]Where to?

Ky said in the meeting on wed. that the company is severly cutting back on purchase transport. He said the biggest hold up on it is that the company is having trouble finding drivers and we need more trucks. Also the 12th Fremont run is due to running a 12 and 13 extra board spot also record levels of freight in our lane comming out of there.

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=80117.msg829823#msg829823 date=1273869494]
Ky said in the meeting on wed. that the company is severly cutting back on purchase transport. He said the biggest hold up on it is that the company is having trouble finding drivers and we need more trucks. Also the 12th Fremont run is due to running a 12 and 13 extra board spot also record levels of freight in our lane comming out of there.
[/quote]

I'm trying to get back on to help you men out. Hopefully i get the call soon. I can do the job in my sleep, literally. I took a gamble on the "American Dream" and am loosing big-time. My pph and bph are second to none.

Hope to see you guy's soon.....Outsider

Speaking of purchase transport....

Mr Zathlon who posts on this site from time to time had to bobtail halfway across the state the saturday before last to get a land-air trailer who's driver was out of hours. Apparently the purchase driver was reluctant to even disconnect due to his off duty status.

We also had one from fremont that was 36 hours late(this is a 200 mile trip) because the driver stopped for his 34 hour reset.

We sell service right?

well, i for one am glad it has finally bit them in the behind, we have coplained about purchase tans for years, the frieght we should be hauling, took em long enough to get the big picture

"Waffleman" said:
Speaking of purchase transport....

Mr Zathlon who posts on this site from time to time had to bobtail halfway across the state the saturday before last to get a land-air trailer who's driver was out of hours. Apparently the purchase driver was reluctant to even disconnect due to his off duty status.

We also had one from fremont that was 36 hours late(this is a 200 mile trip) because the driver stopped for his 34 hour reset.

We sell service right?

Are you talking about the on that was due to Dayton?

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=80117.msg829823#msg829823 date=1273869494]
[/quote]

If true, that is excellent news. Maybe, just maybe the new guys might actually listen to the grunts when something just isn't working and not to the 22 year old MBA's who learned how to use Excel.

I'd love to see my buds get back on the road and off the dock to do what they were trained to do and are best at.

As long as there are dumb OTR truckers who are willing to haul for peanuts, FedEx and other companies will continue to put freight on their trailers.
To what extent is not clear, but don't think PT is totally going away anytime soon.