TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

That's the point I've been trying to make. If they do not give us overtime after 8 and waiting time, then we pretty much know they want us to head down to our local hall. Could it be more obvious?

Also ask yourself what would it hurt UPS to have us go union? They already have 200,000 employees represented. How would having another 10,000 affect them? Also don't discount their benefits of having a union. Having a structured dispute process helps them as much as it helps us. And it is will also be the avenue in which they will begin enforcing their rules.

I know it's tough to pick this up, since all we've heard so far is that they "bought us because we weren't union and they want us to stay that way." But the reason they bought (as a non-union outfit) was so that they didn't have to buy out our pension. And so they could get us locked under a union contract that wasn't master freight. Imagine what they'd have to encounter if they had bought USF or ABF.

I think I said this before, but imagine what type of momentum the union would have if they had already given our raise information along with fixing the overtime and waiting time issues. There wouldn't be any. That, my friend, is your answer to the question.

You hit the nail rite on the head!!!!!!!:1036316054:

According to what I have in my hand Article 2Section 2

"This agreement shall not be applicable to those employees who have not desigated a signatory union as their collective bargaining agent."

To me that says all other barn's in the system can make their on deals.

If any person from Reno NV. barn reads this post you need to read Article 2 Sec. 2 this is aimed right at you.:smilie_132:

If you remember correctly there was a PCM that was handed atleast to the people in my terminal , from the main office,that stated this contract is for INDY and INDY only.

What does this tell you, as well as section 2 article 2 ?

Good points, I also thought I might add the consolidation of parcel shipments into LTL, the Teamsters are not going to let a non-union LTL carrier do that. UPS knows how to manage Teamster employees, I think they want Overnite to turn. It bothers me that the Teamsters and the company are in cahoots, yet they put off an outward image of tough negotiations, deadlines, ect. it's all smoke and mirrors, UPS is running the show and the Teamsters are going to try to spin it as if this is some great victory, you can't have a victory without a fight.

If I were a UPS parcel man I would vote it down, if I were a UPS freight man I would vote this insult of a freight contract down... No medical???WTF?

Well silver there is medical, I do not think it is as good as ours, but I have too wait and see, the piece that was sent to us by skeeter, although it covered some, did not get into detail with the medical, and some of the pages were missing, what I read was not that impressive, but with out a complete contract, it's hard to say.

I might be inclined to believe this if it doesn't happen.
I heard two TM's say that next years OT would be after 41 and then the following year would be after 40. However, this was over a month ago.
Hopefully everyone made wage comments on their employee surveys. I feel they base some of their decisions on this.

After 40, is not the same as after 40 and 8, I am sure you know this, now if they can afford to pay INDY this, they can do the same for the rest of us.

TM'S can say what they want, and if they believe it is the same, they are playing a game, it would be naive for me, or us ,to settle for OT after 41 ,after this contract is put into place.

The TM'S do not want to see the union, because they will have to follow the rules, which inturn makes thier job harder.

After 40, is not the same as after 40 and 8, I am sure you know this, now if they can afford to pay INDY this, they can do the same for the rest of us.

TM'S can say what they want, and if they believe it is the same, they are playing a game, it would be naive for me, or us ,to settle for OT after 41 ,after this contract is put into place.

The TM'S do not want to see the union, because they will have to follow the rules, which inturn makes thier job harder.

In the long run I truley believe it will make there jobs easier. They can break the rules and be subjest to $ damages. At first the upper managers will push them but after a few high $ grievance losses, the rules will apply. Hopefully with little grey area.

In the long run I truley believe it will make there jobs easier. They can break the rules and be subjest to $ damages. At first the upper managers will push them but after a few high $ grievance losses, the rules will apply. Hopefully with little grey area.

If your TM'S Senior is seeing your terminal paying out in redundancy, it comes off of the bottom line, and your boss would be held accountable.

For instance, if a dispatcher calls a junior man in 2 hrs. prior to you, not only do you get paid for those 2 hrs. not worked, so does'nt the man that worked them. Now your TM has to keep and eye on things.

Get my point.

A contract ensures much more attention to detail on the part of local management. Production numbers, hours, seniority will all have to be scrutinized much more closely at that point.

A contract ensures much more attention to detail on the part of local management. Production numbers, hours, seniority will all have to be scrutinized much more closely at that point.
Not really. Any Company who doesn't scrutinize these numbers already is way behind the corporate curve. UPS is not way behind the curve. In fact, they may have invented the curve. They were all about numbers back in the 80's when every other freight Company was laid back and easy to work for.

Not really. Any Company who doesn't scrutinize these numbers already is way behind the corporate curve. UPS is not way behind the curve. In fact, they may have invented the curve. They were all about numbers back in the 80's when every other freight Company was laid back and easy to work for.

And now they have a freight company and I am sure the worst is yet too come.