TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

So far their mercy hasn't been to bad. I'll hold it up against what Indy has any day.:biglaugh:

Wait I forgot they got the same thing.
They ought to be coming out anytime with their offer.

Believe me I have time to wait and see.

We all have time to wait and see! No terminal can be organized until Parcel has radified there contract. Around December if they vote yes.
Have you at least had a local meeting so you all are aware of how the contract process works.:smilie_132:

Skeeter,
What offer are you talking about? An offer to those who might not join the Teamsters? I really don't think you'll see any offer like that anytime soon, if ever.

He is talking about the wage and benefit package we get every January 1st
They usually let us know what it is in October.
Nothing yet!!!

Skeeter,
What offer are you talking about? An offer to those who might not join the Teamsters? I really don't think you'll see any offer like that anytime soon, if ever.

No I'm referring to the raise and benefits that come out usually this month.

I wounder if theres any way of getting anything from UPS on what they think of all of this organizing.
As well as what they are willing to offer us for next years wages,and benefits?

Or maybe they could care less as long as they keep up us delivering their freight,maybe they are having fun watching all of us running around in the unknown??

Lost ,confused and wondering now:
I'm starting to think UPS knew what they were doing and what was going on. They couldn't wait to shake Indy's hands and get the heck out of town. (Probably cracking up on the way back and giving high fives)
I'm also starting to wonder if UPS will even bargain anything other than what Indy hurridly allowed themselves to get with the many other locals ("10-01 or we're done" could of been the kiss of death slogan)

I bet they will tell us. "It's Indy's or the highway", now that the bread and butter UPS Parcel, is done early. FedEx's strategy was thwarted. (Customers saved!)
Menlo and Freight get the booby prize, sloppy seconds for the rest of us now. I bet it gets close to impossible to get anything more or even get UPS back to the table.

It almost seems like Indy got what most of us already have in terms of good management practices. (Some not all have good ones) Seems like their management never used the UPS rule book that we all received.

Are the rest of us now back to Ground Zero in terms of negotiating/bargaining?

Most of the guys that came back from the meeting with their locals seem re-energized and enthusiastic for the next step. I'm looking on the bright side and I hope we will be able to negotiate.

......just thinking out loud. Please crucify me softly.:hide:

Skeeter,

every year historically
they have given .50 each year, .75 the year of the big healthcare increase. Told us .25 of that one time increase was to offo set the healthcare cost, but it didn't cover that at all.

but we all had a letter or some information by now stating that would be announced Dec 5th

The New UPS way will be done by Atlanta. I got and expense check and it came from Atlanta not Richmond. The longer we are UPS the more like UPS we will become.

The New UPS way will be done by Atlanta. I got and expense check and it came from Atlanta not Richmond. The longer we are UPS the more like UPS we will become.

Keep in mind sir's this is not the end of the contract. Alot of local's now know the trick's. We can make the INDY contract better.

open enrollment was in October last year. our raise wasn't announced until Dec. 5th, i have the letter in my hand.

Yes, But at least we knew how much are health benefits went up in cost. Im very interested to see how much they go up this year. The raise, I think we can count on the usual .50

Yes, But at least we knew how much are health benefits went up in cost. Im very interested to see how much they go up this year. The raise, I think we can count on the usual .50

This is the time of year we find out, has anyone heard of a date, or is everything tite lipped?

Yeah I remember getting the package for selecting our benefits,around this time last year.
The wages we thought they were going to pass up.
Then at the midnight hour it seemed they gave us a Christmas gift with a .50 raise,and dropping one more hour off for overtime pay.

So you think UPS is going to let everything remain on hold till they see whats going to happen with this first contract offer?

You know now that I think about this whole deal.
Its kind of a coincedence that the contract was completed,and brought to a vote,around the same time UPS sent us the open enrolment.
Hello do you smell somethng fishy with this time line?

Well I guess its always been UPS's way all along,Teamsters union,or no Teamsters union,they have everything under their control!

This is the time of year we find out, has anyone heard of a date, or is everything tite lipped?

We got some handout encouraging everyone to sign up on upsers and to get enrolled in the MATCHING 401K in quite some detail, and that the time was going to start 10/22 I believe.

Was informed this was posted in Kansas City.
2008 65 cents 1.68 a mile
2009 70 cents 1.75 a mile
2010 75 cents 1.88 a mile
2011 80 cents 2.00 a mile
2012 85 cents 1.13 a mile
2013 90 cents 2.25 a mile

Total $4.65 10.69 cents

The raises are good I don't have a problem with that. All you young bucks that all you think about is the money then you will be happy. But if you are older and have started thinking about benefits and retirement we are shafted.

Sket do you mean .168 -.225? :smilie_132:

UPS is going to pay 6.1 billion to buy out of central states and create a new pension fund for UPS employees. If you go to IBT website they now have posted the tentative agreement the parcel guys will be voting on. It covers this in the pension section of their new contract.

35 and out $3500 a month, wow! are they gonna take that?