TForce | Indy's Vote Prediction!

No they havent, Dreemer. As far as I can remember there has NEVER been a split raise at parcel. This is something new in the tentative agreement.

From what I just read it appears that they always paid that way. On top of the split rasies parcel also got cost of living rasies sometime between August and October, Read.

From what I just read it appears that they always paid that way. On top of the split rasies parcel also got cost of living rasies sometime between August and October, Read.
Dreemer,
I don't think Mike01 needs to read....I think he's been with UPS Parcel for about 25 years.

10-4, just make sure you ask the golden question at your meeting, and that is " Do we have to settle for this shyte?"

According to what I have in my hand Article 2Section 2

"This agreement shall not be applicable to those employees who have not desigated a signatory union as their collective bargaining agent."

To me that says all other barn's in the system can make their on deals.

If any person from Reno NV. barn reads this post you need to read Article 2 Sec. 2 this is aimed right at you.:smilie_132:

I wounder if theres any way of getting anything from UPS on what they think of all of this organizing.
As well as what they are willing to offer us for next years wages,and benefits?

Or maybe they could care less as long as they keep up us delivering their freight,maybe they are having fun watching all of us running around in the unknown??

Or maybe they do want us all to be union and they could accomplish that bye not giving benefit increases pay raises to non-union barns. Just a thought

Or maybe they do want us all to be union and they could accomplish that bye not giving benefit increases pay raises to non-union barns. Just a thought

That's the point I've been trying to make. If they do not give us overtime after 8 and waiting time, then we pretty much know they want us to head down to our local hall. Could it be more obvious?

Also ask yourself what would it hurt UPS to have us go union? They already have 200,000 employees represented. How would having another 10,000 affect them? Also don't discount their benefits of having a union. Having a structured dispute process helps them as much as it helps us. And it is will also be the avenue in which they will begin enforcing their rules.

I know it's tough to pick this up, since all we've heard so far is that they "bought us because we weren't union and they want us to stay that way." But the reason they bought (as a non-union outfit) was so that they didn't have to buy out our pension. And so they could get us locked under a union contract that wasn't master freight. Imagine what they'd have to encounter if they had bought USF or ABF.

I think I said this before, but imagine what type of momentum the union would have if they had already given our raise information along with fixing the overtime and waiting time issues. There wouldn't be any. That, my friend, is your answer to the question.

Like I said I read it and understood it that way. Sorry if I read wrong.
If you're talking about the tentative UPS Parcel Agreement you might be right.....I thought you meant that UPS has given Parcel split wage increases in the past regularly. Sorry if I misread what you meant.

That's the point I've been trying to make. If they do not give us overtime after 8 and waiting time, then we pretty much know they want us to head down to our local hall. Could it be more obvious?

Also ask yourself what would it hurt UPS to have us go union? They already have 200,000 employees represented. How would having another 10,000 affect them? Also don't discount their benefits of having a union. Having a structured dispute process helps them as much as it helps us. And it is will also be the avenue in which they will begin enforcing their rules.

I know it's tough to pick this up, since all we've heard so far is that they "bought us because we weren't union and they want us to stay that way." But the reason they bought (as a non-union outfit) was so that they didn't have to buy out our pension. And so they could get us locked under a union contract that wasn't master freight. Imagine what they'd have to encounter if they had bought USF or ABF.

I think I said this before, but imagine what type of momentum the union would have if they had already given our raise information along with fixing the overtime and waiting time issues. There wouldn't be any. That, my friend, is your answer to the question.

Good points, I also thought I might add the consolidation of parcel shipments into LTL, the Teamsters are not going to let a non-union LTL carrier do that. UPS knows how to manage Teamster employees, I think they want Overnite to turn. It bothers me that the Teamsters and the company are in cahoots, yet they put off an outward image of tough negotiations, deadlines, ect. it's all smoke and mirrors, UPS is running the show and the Teamsters are going to try to spin it as if this is some great victory, you can't have a victory without a fight.

If I were a UPS parcel man I would vote it down, if I were a UPS freight man I would vote this insult of a freight contract down... No medical???WTF?

I might be inclined to believe this if it doesn't happen.
I heard two TM's say that next years OT would be after 41 and then the following year would be after 40. However, this was over a month ago.
Hopefully everyone made wage comments on their employee surveys. I feel they base some of their decisions on this.

Like I said I read it and understood it that way. Sorry if I read wrong.

Going back and looking at the new tentative agreement, I can see where you would think that. The way the changes are written is that any old language that is being deleted is struck through. The new language is in bold and underlined.

So if you look at the new agreement, the split raises are new to this contract.

Remember in the beginning stages of when UPS bought us, It was Overnite saying thay bought us because we were non union and UPS wanted us to remain non union, Because we could be more "flexible" But UPS did put a stop to all Overnite managment saying anything about the union other than, If the employee's want a union that is their choice.:smilie_132:

I might be inclined to believe this if it doesn't happen.
I heard two TM's say that next years OT would be after 41 and then the following year would be after 40. However, this was over a month ago.
Hopefully everyone made wage comments on their employee surveys. I feel they base some of their decisions on this.

We are going to get OT and Delay===IN TIME We will be the most, Bla,bla,bla That was the vision.:hysterical:

According to what I have in my hand Article 2Section 2

"This agreement shall not be applicable to those employees who have not desigated a signatory union as their collective bargaining agent."

To me that says all other barn's in the system can make their on deals.

If any person from Reno NV. barn reads this post you need to read Article 2 Sec. 2 this is aimed right at you.:smilie_132:

I need to read more then type art 3 sec 1,a says that Indy represents us all.:hide:

Going back and looking at the new tentative agreement, I can see where you would think that. The way the changes are written is that any old language that is being deleted is struck through. The new language is in bold and underlined.

So if you look at the new agreement, the split raises are new to this contract.

Thanks Mike I re-read it and I see were I mis read it.

Skeeter has it right! 1.68 cents.

54.15 cpm plus 1.68 cpm equals 55.83 cpm. :1036316054:

Your way is .168 (dollars?) and would be right if it were .0168 and .5415, you're missing a zero!:smilie_132:

Details Details..... I'm starting to think like the company details mean nothing, somebody help me :hysterical: