XPO | Inexperience?

My first trip was to Philly , came out of there following a veteran driver running every red light we came to . I couldn’t stop at the red light cause he was showing me how to get out of the city . I was scared sh!tless ! Was like 3AM I believe .Lol the good ol days !
Weird how off the wall things happen in the dead of the night
Daywalkers just don't understand how things work at night.:1036316054:

Well at some point you got to put the big boy pants on. These new driver are coddled to much. They are now asked if they FEEL they are ready to go out on there own. If you have your CDL and hired here you are over 21 it's time to get off mommy's teat and put you big boy pants on
I never understood that you have to train the new drivers on the road. I understand teaching them to learn the operations handhelds ECT. If they have a CDL the road should the one thing they should know. Hence the CDL...

I never understood that you have to train the new drivers on the road. I understand teaching them to learn the operations handhelds ECT. If they have a CDL the road should the one thing they should know. Hence the CDL...
I truly believe they need training on the road . Many have never hooked a set or pulled a set . Most have not worked on a big dock at night . There’s a lot to look for lookout for . Then there’s driving at night ALL night ! They truly need it . It would be different if a veteran driver coming from another LTL where he or she worked nights and pretty much knows the ins & outs .