Info on Central Freight please

Central Freight now owned by Jerry Moyes who has a controlling interest in Swift Transport yep that Swift,about five years ago they closed most of their company owned facilities here in the Midwest like KC,Des Moines,StLouis,Denver etc.in some larger markets such as Chicago and Seattle they have local agents for P/D and use owner operators for line-haul operations.Central still has a traditional company presence in Texas and the southwest to California,as you would imagine with the present ownership there's been a pretty steady erosion in wages,benefits,and working conditions the past 7 or 8 years.

They also closed the big Dallas yard..run everything out of Ft. Worth now.

Didn't know that. I haven't ran Love Field in a while. Thanks.
Two reasons for this post.....Wanted to clarify they are on a street off Empire Central .....can't remember the name.....And I just wanted my name to be the last one posting on this dead forum.

Thought I'd chime in.... a buddy of mine worked there for a few months before returning to the oil fields (can't give it up haha). He had a starting pay of 20/HR, worked 50 hours a week on average last spring and there was OT after 50. I cannot speak to the benefits or vacation policies. I know his only complaint was at times coming in just to have to wait on a truck because they had none for him. His shift was 1pm to 11 pm roughly. He did not work the dock usually. This was in Fort Worth, TX.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're still alive in my neck of the woods. Small, but still around. I see them almost every day.

Freightliner_5.jpg

I used to be a hostler @ the Irving Terminal,but it was shut down a few years ago.Damn that yard had so many potholes and it will take forever to locate a trailer.Heard half of them went to the FTW terminal and the rest to the Empire Central terminal.

I used to be a hostler @ the Irving Terminal,but it was shut down a few years ago.Damn that yard had so many potholes and it will take forever to locate a trailer.Heard half of them went to the FTW terminal and the rest to the Empire Central terminal.
What went the pot holes... lol!

They are as far east as Nashville and I think most of Georgia , if not all of the state. Is there any rumors of Central Freight expansion into all of Tennessee???

I know the Central Freight Lines section doesn't have much activity but I am hoping to find out anything I can about them.

Any info on pay, benefits, working conditions, managers, supervisors, etc... would be much appreciated..