Info on Central Freight please

darkon

TB Lurker
Credits
I know the Central Freight Lines section doesn't have much activity but I am hoping to find out anything I can about them.

Any info on pay, benefits, working conditions, managers, supervisors, etc... would be much appreciated..

Would this be the same company? If so here is everything you need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABFer

Central freight is out of Waco Texas, Central Transport is out of Warren Mi. Two totally different companies.

I dont see how they get customers, I tried to call there office for two days and never got an answer, if I were a customer someone else would be hauling my freight.

ABFer

Central freight is out of Waco Texas, Central Transport is out of Warren Mi. Two totally different companies.
aaa I see, there is a CT forum as well. Thank you for the clarification.

I know the Central Freight Lines section doesn't have much activity but I am hoping to find out anything I can about them.

Any info on pay, benefits, working conditions, managers, supervisors, etc... would be much appreciated..
It was a family owned regional carrier based in Texas. It was purchased by Roadway Services and for a time in the early '90s it was a subsidiary of Roadway Services. I don't remember the exact year it was sold back to a group of former managers.

In Albuquerque NM, Central Freight operates out of the old Bestway, then Reddaway, terminal.

Central Freight was in Milwaukee 10-11 years ago then closed their terminal. I see that they have returned recently, but not to the same location.

I took this today on I-294 south bound near O'Hare.
A broker was pulling it.

Wow, that windshield is clean! Looks like you were stopped in traffic? I can't hold my phone that still while moving. Great pic.

Central Freight now owned by Jerry Moyes who has a controlling interest in Swift Transport yep that Swift,about five years ago they closed most of their company owned facilities here in the Midwest like KC,Des Moines,StLouis,Denver etc.in some larger markets such as Chicago and Seattle they have local agents for P/D and use owner operators for line-haul operations.Central still has a traditional company presence in Texas and the southwest to California,as you would imagine with the present ownership there's been a pretty steady erosion in wages,benefits,and working conditions the past 7 or 8 years.

Central Freight now owned by Jerry Moyes who has a controlling interest in Swift Transport yep that Swift,about five years ago they closed most of their company owned facilities here in the Midwest like KC,Des Moines,StLouis,Denver etc.in some larger markets such as Chicago and Seattle they have local agents for P/D and use owner operators for line-haul operations.Central still has a traditional company presence in Texas and the southwest to California,as you would imagine with the present ownership there's been a pretty steady erosion in wages,benefits,and working conditions the past 7 or 8 years.

To bad it use to be a premier company in Texas...