Holland | Info On Joliet And Rockford Terminals

stlrsfn1

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering about any info on Joliet and Rockford terminals. About same distance for me and I just applied to both for road driver. I got 16 yrs experience no tickets or accidents. All LTL experience. Reason I’m looking is because I’m getting divorced and between child support and paying health insurance through work which is about 600 a month I’m going broke. Free health insurance for me and 2 kids sounds really good to me. I understand it’s slow period but wanting to get in door. I’m willing to put up with some crap to get ahead in my situation. Any info on either terminal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I was wondering about any info on Joliet and Rockford terminals. About same distance for me and I just applied to both for road driver. I got 16 yrs experience no tickets or accidents. All LTL experience. Reason I’m looking is because I’m getting divorced and between child support and paying health insurance through work which is about 600 a month I’m going broke. Free health insurance for me and 2 kids sounds really good to me. I understand it’s slow period but wanting to get in door. I’m willing to put up with some crap to get ahead in my situation. Any info on either terminal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I don't run out of either of those terminals but my experience with them would make me think Rockford is your better choice. Hopefully someone that actually works at one of them will add their two cents. I really don't know much positive about Rockford, but as late as Joliet gets guys out at night and the low quality of dock workers they have combined with that Amazon freight screwing up their trailer situation, I think I would have to try Rockford or another company?

If you can go to Rockford, go to UPS at their airport hub. They are hiring feeder drivers.

YRC Bolingbrook moving to Holland Joliet terminal soon!
Question?
Why wouldn’t they consolidate the Montgomery and Bolingbrook terminals? Those terminals are 20 miles apart, it would give them density for directs and better service. If they co-habitate YRC Freight with Holland in Joliet there is a case for one company.

Might be showing their hand if you are correct....