ODFL | Info On North Carolina Terminals

bigdaddy300

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wanted to see if anyone had any info about pay and what are some of the better terminals to run out of in north Carolina..also do I guys have driver facing cameras

Greensboro is hiring for Line. Can anyone give me info on how does OD line operate out of Greensboro.

My main question would be:
Run 6 days mandatory?
When you first start you will automatically be wild?
How do you pick up days off when running wild?
Drop & hook pay?
Starting off mileage pay?
How many years to top pay?
How many years currently until you will be able to bid on a turn or out & back bid?
How many guys were recently furloughed or laid off with covid? And did they get call backs

Any other info that you guys may have, please throw in! Thanks

Last edited:
2 years to top out for linehaul , .7088 is top rate beginning in September. 8 bucks to split a set 8
bucks to hook a set
. I can't answer anything about Greensboro though
Greensboro is hiring for Line. Can anyone give me info on how does OD line operate out of Greensboro.

My main question would be:
Run 6 days mandatory?
When you first start you will automatically be wild?
How do you pick up days off when running wild?
Drop & hook pay?
Starting off mileage pay?
How many years to top pay?
How many years currently until you will be able to bid on a turn or out & back bid?
How many guys were recently furloughed or laid off with covid? And did they get call backs

Any other info that you guys may have, please throw in! Thanks

2 years to top out for linehaul , .7088 is top rate beginning in September. 8 bucks to split a set 8
bucks to hook a set
. I can't answer anything about Greensboro though
In the beginning, your first day out, most likely Thursday or Friday 99% guaranteed you will go to Jersey City, NJ and take 10 in the bunk house. The next 2 days you will shuttle freight around New England, (New Haven, Providence, Boston, Portland e.i.. the 4th day central will reposition you so that you can make it back home on your 5th day. 48 hours off for every 5 days on.

Don't expect to get a turn for at least 5-7 years.

In the beginning, your first day out, most likely Thursday or Friday 99% guaranteed you will go to Jersey City, NJ and take 10 in the bunk house. The next 2 days you will shuttle freight around New England, (New Haven, Providence, Boston, Portland e.i.. the 4th day central will reposition you so that you can make it back home on your 5th day. 48 hours off for every 5 days on.

Thank you for your response driver. Its a huge lifestyle change for me so definitely something to think through.. I'm used to laying over one or 2 days but not full weeks. Thanks for the honest response

Bunk house, I never knew that we had those. Man, it’s been years since I stayed in a bunk house. Brings back memories.

Ru41eay.jpg

Joey, have you ever stayed in an OD bunkhouse?........:17142:

I remember the news of the fire, I drove for Shamrock Dairy, just north of there. You probably remember the big sign.
First time there in late 70’s. Long layover, truck issues. Hotter than blu blazes. Finagled a parking spot, for a week. Quite an eye opener. Right up there with Ontario 76 in the 70’s.:17142: