Information Needed

wheatieswife

TB Lurker
Credits
My father was a truck driver and died in September 2011 due to injuries he suffered in July 2010 when his semi caught fire. His current wife never contacted anyone in the family so we have no information. If anyone can help please let me know. Here is the information that we DO have:

Name: Ron Poe

Trucking Firm: Quality Distribution

Accident happened in July 2010

Accident happened in Texas

The cab caught fire while he was parked either at a rest stop or a truck stop. It was said that he was so badly burned that at the time of the accident he was un able to be identified.

Any information would be appreciated

My father was a truck driver and died in September 2011 due to injuries he suffered in July 2010 when his semi caught fire. His current wife never contacted anyone in the family so we have no information. If anyone can help please let me know. Here is the information that we DO have:

Name: Ron Poe

Trucking Firm: Quality Distribution

Accident happened in July 2010

Accident happened in Texas

The cab caught fire while he was parked either at a rest stop or a truck stop. It was said that he was so badly burned that at the time of the accident he was un able to be identified.

Any information would be appreciated

What exactly is it your looking for? It seems that you know a lot of information..what do you need, that you don't already know?

Need a few more details to even start a search,such as what town?
If you have the approximate date,time, and town you could contact the police department which should have all the info you are looking for.

It was so long ago I can't recall if anything about it was posted on this forum?

Need a few more details to even start a search,such as what town?
If you have the approximate date,time, and town you could contact the police department which should have all the info you are looking for.

It was so long ago I can't recall if anything about it was posted on this forum?

On Facebook via another's facebook (I think), it says that she only found out about it now. That clears up the post a bit. Now I understand. I cant' find anything on google.

I have spent hours on Google and different sites since I found out, just looking. We don't really know a whole lot and not sure how to start because of the limited information. We found out a year and a half after the accident and it was by chance. My aunt found the Social Security death index on his birthday.

It is odd on how some on-line news services either delete their reports in a short time after they are posted on the internet.
Where other repots remain posted for months.
However I have never recalled any reports that have posted on this forum remaining for more than 6 months.

In the past some Trucking board members have PM'ed me looking for details on some current crashes.
Even though I have many resources to search for information,often the reports are not posted on the internet,and can only be found in local newspapers.
However for me to even start looking on-line I need as much information that one can provide.
Other than Google,I have every large city,in all of north america including the US and most of Canada that I can search out if given the location.
So whenever any crash has been posted on the internet within a day or 2 of the crash I can usually find it and post it here.

The other thing is I don't post any crashes that don't have at least one photo,or a video,as most TB members don't care to just read printed reports.
The only time I will post a printed report without photos is if somebody is requesting details of one they have seen.

So unfortunately wheatieswife you won't find what you are looking for here.
I can only suggest you start contacting police departments in the areas he drove,they keep their records,where the internet won't.

We have reason to believe that this is the newspaper article.

HOUSTON—The driver of an 18-wheeler was taken to the hospital after his big rig caught fire early Thursday. HFD responded to the scene on Grand at Corder around 4:30 a.m. and found a fire ongoing in the cab of the truck.

The driver received burns after trying to put out the flames himself. He was taken to Memorial Hermann for treatment.

HFD said the tanker on the truck was empty.

Arson is investigating the cause of the fire.

Also the Hospital as well,most medical facilities try to get all the information they can get on anyone they treat.