Holland | Inhumane cold dock work environment

Stylish Kilts too !
b84fd7fe91e5d477bf1fd4f68c71831b.jpg
I think your pet there partner has 15 percent too much wool?

Screenshot_20210228-150549_Facebook6f7ebd5ff4d99e4b.md.jpg
Simple fix for those cold docks :biglaugh:
They did that here.... And to the lift I drive.
I tore it off.
Management told em to take the stuff off. It was unsafe.
I couldn't see sh*t with it on and I wasnigon a breath exhaust all night.
This dock was in N. Texas!
It may be 0 degrees one day like a week or so ago.
But five days later it was 85!

:17142: :lmao:
(happy to be GONE!)

I don't work the dock and I disagree with the most of you on this. all other industries have improved their working conditions and passed along the coast, but no the trucking industry has to kiss everybody's ass and **** their employee's over. I work for a non union and as long as we have people that drink the koolaid
we will be keep in the 18th century
And exactly where do you propose the companies get the money to pay for heated docks? The union can't even negotiate a contract that includes full payments to the pension fund let alone force companies to heat the docks.

And exactly where do you propose the companies get the money to pay for heated docks? The union can't even negotiate a contract that includes full payments to the pension fund let alone force companies to heat the docks.
Same place they get the money for BONUSES for upper management , from our -15% and for government giving out taxpayer money !

Standard forwarding advertises that they have heated docks.And there in the Midwest.Oh ,Did I say that there Union.There are a small LTL carrier owned by DHL..If they can afford it the others can .Too!

I always cariied bottled water. Most did. Not because of what you speak of. City water water tasted nasty. And the company did have two filtered water systems put in. So I used that to refill.

WongWay said:
How about a cold water fountain to get a CLEAN drink of cold water without , nasty tobacco chew split in the water fountain ??

That is so you can enjoy that fresh, wintergreen aroma as you get a drink. I agree with you though. Very nasty habit to spit in the water fountain.

Last edited: