Holland | Inhumane cold dock work environment

Inhumane sub zero cold dock working environment , is something our union should ask to be changed in our next contract talks in the year 2525 !!!
Oh yea, that should be no problem. Big warm terminals should be easy to finance after the "Union" and "YRC" negotiate(sorry) make a deal on new wages a few more times. Pay scale for drivers should be around $10 an hour by then, which should leave lots of money for "terminal enhancement". That will be a new catch phrase, kind of like " negative cash flow". Lololololo

lol, park the tow motor, and grab a pallet jack! You'll be warm in a little while.
I found tossing rugs works great. Inside a trailer with no wind, nice easy pace and nice and toasty in less than five minutes.

Come on........it hasn't been that bad.

th

:biglaugh:

Oh yea, that should be no problem. Big warm terminals should be easy to finance after the "Union" and "YRC" negotiate(sorry) make a deal on new wages a few more times. Pay scale for drivers should be around $10 an hour by then, which should leave lots of money for "terminal enhancement". That will be a new catch phrase, kind of like " negative cash flow". Lololololo
I think in some New England states or mat be in Connecticut, thereis a state law that requires heated docks. I think New Penn has a few. Not kept at tropical tempatures but maybe around 50.

Inhumane sub zero cold dock working environment , is something our union should ask to be changed in our next contract talks in the year 2525 !!!
Are you kidding,It is what it is, they should have more important things on their minds than warm docks, grow a set and get with the program!:6792::wtflol::usa2:

Are you kidding,It is what it is, they should have more important things on their minds than warm docks, grow a set and get with the program!:6792::wtflol::usa2:
well jimmy , I have to disagree with you on this subject , as with the pay cuts & etc cuts , the very least we should have a dock above 32 degrees to work on !!!

I don't work the dock and I disagree with the most of you on this. all other industries have improved their working conditions and passed along the coast, but no the trucking industry has to kiss everybody's ass and **** their employee's over. I work for a non union and as long as we have people that drink the koolaid
we will be keep in the 18th century

The Holland terminal that was in Erie pa. ...actually northeast pa.... had dock bumpers. ...and was insulated. ... even had a gas well. they could not heat it ...

It was the nicest dock I ever worked on. ... it was cold but ... no wind.

Now because of yrcw it's owned by fedex. ..

The cf dock I worked on. .. you would have to shovel the snow off to work