XPO | Injuries

It happened at LDA in '03. Guy drove off the dock during the night re-ship. Killed him instantly. After a while, they kept everything going. I was there. Not a pretty site.

My husband showed up right after everything was cleaned up. Lots of rain and wet dock that night and the guy just slid off the dock backwards.

The CCX DSR getting killed is not an urban myth, it did happen.
If my memory serves me correctly, it happened in '97 or '98, at either XCN or XCO on the night time re-ship.
I clearly remember our linehaul drivers coming back in the a.m. and telling the sad story. As previously posted, DSR had a skid raised in the air, and leaned through the twin masts to read a pro #, I was told his knee pushed the control lever and lowered the loaded forks, killing him. Within about a month, all of our forklifts were equipped with those knuckle busting, homemade guards on the front of the roll cage.
If any of you have a better memory than me, and can correct date, or location, please do!
Bottom line, accidents happen so quickly, and sometimes with such tragic results, EVERBODY PLEASE, make safety number ONE!
It took place at XHG,i worked with the driver manytimes.

There was an employee at CON-WAY a while back that actually stuck his head and shoulder through the mast when his knee hit the down lever.:shock:
You got it - he did not make it but at least the Nighttime FAC continued after they covered him up so noone going by would stop and stare. The supervisors said there was nothing that could be done so the work on the dock needed to be finished. :shrug:
So be thankful all that was smashed was his arm.
NO JOKE -----PLEASE WARN OTHERS - sometimes we do things like this before we think --- If you see someone start to do this step forward and stop them.
BE SAFE NOT SORRY!:1036316054: :sadwavey:

I believe that is the incident which caused the front guards to be installed on the high-lows...to prevent you from being able to do just that.

How bout the yard accident at XMD ... I lost a friend of mine.... they are all tragic no matter what happens ... death .. cant walk ... missing fingers ...

I was working at XCV on the night reship when I was rundown inside a trailer by someone that passed their trailer, and thought mine was his. I'm unloading My trailer with a pallet jack, and "BAM", I got a crushed foot, and broken ankle! I no longer work for the company, but I still reap the rewards of someone elses carelessness! 1 1/2 years later, I still can't walk right. BE CAREFUL!!

XCV is where i got smashed with my 686# skid years ago which is tossing me out of the business now...

XCV is where i got smashed with my 686# skid years ago which is tossing me out of the business now...

XCV is in interesting place..i watched a FOS break his leg, an XBY DSR fall off the dock and break ribs, another DSR from XEE get fingers smashed in the forklift mast, an XEE DSR drop his tractor in a ravine, an XCV DSR drop his hazmat laden kite right in the roadway blocking the road and the terminal exit (we had to sit for over 2 hours while they got that mess out of there before we could go in that night), and so on and so on...I couldnt imagine the stuff which occurs at bigger re-ships on a nightly basis...

I don't know if this is the same accident in the previous posts. Anybody recognize anything in the pics? Did you read the whole thing?

I should of read it more carefully. The date of accident doesn't seem to match, neither do the forklift controls and I.D number prefix.
Con-way supposedly used orange trash cans. :chairshot: