FedEx Freight | INSURANCE BENEFIT CHANGES

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
The news is out. You should have received (in the mail) the newsletter covering the changes.

Br73j2T.jpg

Open enrollment Oct 18-Nov 1

Notable changes...

Dependents covered up to age 26
Telemedicine is now primary care
More dental options (and potential costs)
Vision coverage buy up option
There are more...

Base cost increases?

QA7maYF.jpg

So, anyone read the whole thing? Anyone liking the new changes? :popcorn:

Last edited:
I'll say it again.
It's cheap insurance (relatively)........ unless you have to use it.

The entire system is a Charlie Foxtrot.
Our bills are NEVER correct. It usually takes 6mo,and half a dozen bills before Bcbs decides what is "correct", and Lord forbid you have 2 seperate ins policies, yours and your wife's.
It's a year long struggle between the 2 of them, arguing over which one DOSEN'T want to pay, with you taking the time out of your life to play middleman.

The cost isn't the issue. The service (lack of) is.

The news is out. You should have received (in the mail) the newsletter covering the changes.

Br73j2T.jpg

Notable changes...

There are more...

Base cost increases?

QA7maYF.jpg

You also have to manage your own HRA, the money will no longer automatically pay out when you use your insurance. We are getting a new administer for it and the hsa.
There are also price increases mentioned for the employees, yet they are making changes to save fedex money, broad and narrow, options. Ultimately the coverage will get worse or you will have to pay out the ass for an insurance that will break you, with the out of pocket cost, if you ever actually use it.

Br73j2T.jpg

Notable changes...

There are more...

Base cost increases?

QA7maYF.jpg

We had a meeting a couple of weeks ago with representatives from the various vendors who explained the changes to us...well, everything but the increase but that appears to be no biggie.

Apparently they saved some printing and postage expenses. We haven’t received this, who knows, they could claim they didn’t know which of this to send it to.

I did get something from Western States Teamsters Pension Fund. They are solvent, my money is there, and they now cover more states including almost all of the Atlantic states.

Not having had a chance to read it, is everyone going to have to do the is my doctor in network thing again? THAT caused quite a bit of havoc previously.

Not having had a chance to read it, is everyone going to have to do the is my doctor in network thing again? THAT caused quite a bit of havoc previously.

If you pick the wrong dental plan, yes.

There now seem to be three dental plans.

The glossy mailing seemed a bit confusing to me. (I read it twice and an undecided as to what choice is best).

well, everything but the increase but that appears to be no biggie.

No biggie? Perhaps, for an employee only with the Premier plan. 2.5%.

With all the changes and options, it might be tough to pinpoint the exact final cost increase in an apples to apples comparison.

BUT, it's NOT hard to look at the increase in cost over 2018.

CHOICE (lesser) Plan:

Employee only plan is up 22%.
Employee & children is going up 35%
Employee & Family plan is up 21% (20.73%)

Premier Plan:

The lesser employee only plan is up 2.5%.
Employee & children is going up 7.3%
Employee & Family plan is up 5.4%

* note the above plans may/may not be offered by the same name.

NO BIGGIE... <insert sarcasm>

Says the person on his wife's plan
I love how you guys continue to say (and like) this comment when I haven’t been on my “wife’s plan” in over 25 years...her plan isn’t as good as what we have PLUS it would cost me an additional $1,200 per year on top of the premiums just to be on it!!

I love how you guys continue to say (and like) this comment when I haven’t been on my “wife’s plan” in over 25 years...her plan isn’t as good as what we have PLUS it would cost me an additional $1,200 per year on top of the premiums just to be on it!!
Fair enough correction. I think the bigger question is, not just for you, is the significant other insured through their own employer? That seems to be a big plus.

A while back over in the union thread you were bragging about your wife being a freeloader and you were on her union insurance plan.