R&L | insurance rate hike

city-driver

TB Lurker
Credits
Looks like we get to absorb a 50% rate increase along with higher deductibles and co-pays. I'd like to say i'm surprised, but I can't. I know it's not R & L's fault. As for me it went from $210/m to $344/m. Looks like we'll be tightening our belts more. I sure HOPE we get some CHANGE for better in the next few election cycles. They've bled me for all I can afford at this point.

Looks like we get to absorb a 50% rate increase along with higher deductibles and co-pays. I'd like to say i'm surprised, but I can't. I know it's not R & L's fault. As for me it went from $210/m to $344/m. Looks like we'll be tightening our belts more. I sure HOPE we get some CHANGE for better in the next few election cycles. They've bled me for all I can afford at this point.

Thank you Obama care. LOL

I thought that there was a clause in the law that exempted companies that were self insured. If so, did R and L have to raise rates?

Don't know but they actually saved me money by separating the dental from the main insurance, now Im just getting the dental and the short, long term disability and the life insurance. I never used the health anyway as Im covered under the wifes plan. TY R+L. LOL

We got lucky and didn't have a rate hike last year, This is a prime example of the insurance companies having to raise the rates across the board to make up for the new mandated benefits through Obama care. The employer mandate does not take effect until 2015 but it only means that companies don't have to insure the 32 hr. per week employees yet and they don't have to conform to the new minimum standards yet. Problem is the Insurance companies stopped offering what we had before. Once that mandate kicks in I would be surprised if R&L or any other larger company continue to offer health care anyway. I don't know because I haven't been able to get on the government sight long enough but my guess is a billing clerk or customer service rep could probably buy the insurance through the exchange cheaper once you factor in the tax credits since they don't make that much anyway. It would be worth checking on though.

R+L still making a ton of money and more off of new insurance rates

R+L is making alot of money .We want them to. But when your making over 25 million a month profit maybe you can start sharing with all emplyees and not raise our insurance rates by 50%. Also the deductables and out of pocket expense has also seen a big increase. They are taking advantage of the new laws to make more money for themselves. I guess they are smart. Also most office employees have not seen a salary increase in over two years. The are becoming the boss on Christmas story that gives you the jelly of the month club.