Dayton | Insurance

1FastVette

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello.

Question that wasn't answered at interview. Single person with full benefits.

1.Major Medical 80/20 Coverage
2. Prescription Card
3.Dental
4. Vision

Cost per week Pre-Tax $40

What wasn't know then to tell. What is the yearly max out of pocket person . Per Single or Family $

Reason i ask I'm looking going Line Haul Here or Pitt Ohio-Line Haul there. Whoever hires me first.

Over there's is 1000-single 2000 Family.

Just apples versus oranges per Companies.

I thought Dayton didn't work out?

Anyway, forget the PPO; the HSA is where it's at. No premium, the company contributes to it, and the account is owned by you. Any unused funds are actually yours, even if you leave the company down the road. After you hit the deductible, 100% of everything is paid.

I'm not going to complicate all of the details, but the bottom line is that you won't need to put more than $25/week ($50/week for the family plan) into your account. Some people start out putting more in per week in order to build up a little cushion at first an order to avoid using their own after tax dollars to pay for things.

The HSA is a no-brainer, but many people don't understand how it works so they're afraid to sign up for that plan. You actually put in less than the premium costs for the other plan and don't have to worry about additional bills later like you would when you're responsible for 20% of bills after meeting the PPO deductible. I don't understand why it's even a choice. They only offer the PPO because some people insist on paying more for insurance they are familiar with I guess.

I've never seen any scenario where the PPO plan is cheaper or preferable. My wife works for a hospital and Dayton's insurance is way better than what they offer at her job. We've had some very expensive medical situations over the years that didn't cost us anything.

The deal at Pitt Ohio might be better, I don't know, but the bottom line is that the total cost of our plan is negligible. Wages and what color of truck you want to drive are more important considerations in the grand scheme of things when you consider how inexpensive our insurance actually is.

Good luck getting on!

By the way, my most recent profit sharing covered my family insurance for the year, so if you look at it that way, our insurance is company-paid. Single drivers come with plenty of extra to spare.
::shit::. The Dayton freight offer is better then. Starting off at Top Scale Wages for the time being.

At last interview turned down. So i'm going to keep reapplying until they eventually hire me. Current job im most happy with. But this is better..

By the way, my most recent profit sharing covered my family insurance for the year, so if you look at it that way, our insurance is company-paid. Single drivers come with plenty of extra to spare.
Do they cut you a check for the profit sharing or does it go into your 401k?

When I was there, the profit sharing check was an actual paper check. The IRS, at the time considered any ‘profit sharing’ as a ‘bonus’. Those years, bonuses were taxed 25% by the feds.

How much a week Is insurance for me and my wife? Is the prescription plan good? Out of pocket max? Thanks for any information
I thought Dayton didn't work out?

Anyway, forget the PPO; the HSA is where it's at. No premium, the company contributes to it, and the account is owned by you. Any unused funds are actually yours, even if you leave the company down the road. After you hit the deductible, 100% of everything is paid.

I'm not going to complicate all of the details, but the bottom line is that you won't need to put more than $25/week ($50/week for the family plan) into your account. Some people start out putting more in per week in order to build up a little cushion at first an order to avoid using their own after tax dollars to pay for things.

The HSA is a no-brainer, but many people don't understand how it works so they're afraid to sign up for that plan. You actually put in less than the premium costs for the other plan and don't have to worry about additional bills later like you would when you're responsible for 20% of bills after meeting the PPO deductible. I don't understand why it's even a choice. They only offer the PPO because some people insist on paying more for insurance they are familiar with I guess.

I've never seen any scenario where the PPO plan is cheaper or preferable. My wife works for a hospital and Dayton's insurance is way better than what they offer at her job. We've had some very expensive medical situations over the years that didn't cost us anything.

The deal at Pitt Ohio might be better, I don't know, but the bottom line is that the total cost of our plan is negligible. Wages and what color of truck you want to drive are more important considerations in the grand scheme of things when you consider how inexpensive our insurance actually is.

Good luck getting on!
how much is the deductible on a HSA Plan?

How much a week Is insurance for me and my wife? Is the prescription plan good? Out of pocket max? Thanks for any information

how much is the deductible on a HSA Plan?
Family HSA deductible is $4,000. The company puts $1,500 into your account, so you basically just need to be able to cover $2,500 for the year. You might start out contributing more than $50/wk in order to build up a cushion in your account, but eventually that will be enough.

The deductible includes prescriptions as well as medical bills. Even though a prescription is going to be more expensive on the HSA as opposed to paying a small copay with the PPO plan, the fact that 100% of medical bills are covered after you reach your deductible and there is no premium on the HSA makes it a no-brainer in my opinion.

The bottom line is that you can pretty much think of the HSA as a $50/wk plan with no additional expenses beyond that.

Family HSA deductible is $4,000. The company puts $1,500 into your account, so you basically just need to be able to cover $2,500 for the year. You might start out contributing more than $50/wk in order to build up a cushion in your account, but eventually that will be enough.

The deductible includes prescriptions as well as medical bills. Even though a prescription is going to be more expensive on the HSA as opposed to paying a small copay with the PPO plan, the fact that 100% of medical bills are covered after you reach your deductible and there is no premium on the HSA makes it a no-brainer in my opinion.

The bottom line is that you can pretty much think of the HSA as a $50/wk plan with no additional expenses beyond that.
Except additional for dental and vision right?

Except additional for dental and vision right?
Right. Those are typical plans with a premium. I don't have the vision plan, so I can't comment on that, but the dental plan seems to be decent enough and reasonably priced. I'd have to check on what the premium is per week.

I forgot to mention that another benefit of the HSA is that any out-of-pocket expenses that are required for things other than medical (for additional dental work where you have to pay a portion, for example) can be paid for using the HSA account with those pre-tax contributions.

That’s a lot better than what we have at FXF!

So a good family plan is like $100.00 a week and prescription co pays are how much? I appreciate the information y’all are sharing.

So a good family plan is like $100.00 a week and prescription co pays are how much? I appreciate the information y’all are sharing.
It's very hard to explain if someone has never had an HSA or has had a bad HSA with a premium, but the bottom line is that $50 a week will cover basically everything medical. The only exception is that after the deductible is reached prescriptions would be a small copay.

Here's the deal: I have a family of five, and at certain points three of us have had prescriptions. We've had a childbirth and a joint replacement surgery and never had to pay extra for any of that.