Central Transport | interesting and sad

fudgie

TB Regular
Credits
found this pretty interesting, first they sell off the US operations at a "fire sale" now they are getting out of trucking altogether at least as Vitran, and right back into the US under a different name, guess all they wanted in reality was to laugh their butts off all the way to the bank, who cares about the people in the trenches

Vitran | Press Release

found this pretty interesting, first they sell off the US operations at a "fire sale" now they are getting out of trucking altogether at least as Vitran, and right back into the US under a different name, guess all they wanted in reality was to laugh their butts off all the way to the bank, who cares about the people in the trenches

Vitran | Press Release

Manatoulin who is buying Vitran Canada has been doing business in the US for years. They interline with multiple LTL carriers and do their own truckload here.

How you think they're laughing all the way to the bank when they sold it in a fire sale? Seems like two contradicting terms. Food for thought.

How you think they're laughing all the way to the bank when they sold it in a fire sale? Seems like two contradicting terms. Food for thought.

I meant they sold the US operations off at a fire sale (losing money allegedly) then only a couple of months later the sell off Canada, get their money and probably get out of trucking while depositing their millions that's what I meant by laughing all the way to the bank, they got their money and all the people in the trenches got to move on either finding new jobs some after decades of service, or be stuck in what a lot of people see as a sub standard carrier.

LOL... You can buy EQUIPMENT at a fire sale. You can't (in most cases) buy loyalty.

~One thing is certain- you can't buy loyalty with lies.

i meant they sold the us operations off at a fire sale (losing money allegedly) then only a couple of months later the sell off canada, get their money and probably get out of trucking while depositing their millions that's what i meant by laughing all the way to the bank, they got their money and all the people in the trenches got to move on either finding new jobs some after decades of service, or be stuck in what a lot of people see as a sub standard carrier.
jesus let the man talk if you dont dot your eyes anymore people are all over it just read the post !!!!

Vitran | Press Release

What is the new name?