ODFL | Interesting Article

Sad to say but we need more of this, at my place schedules are running 4 days a week and wild is 2-3 days
Last time I talked with a couple of line driver’s from my terminal, one driver unfortunately passed away, 2 got their walking papers, 1 transferred and 2 others quit and I retired.
In saying that they’re mostly running a full schedule, just not filling the open line positions. But we’ll see. It’s time for another call.

Last time I talked with a couple of line driver’s from my terminal, one driver unfortunately passed away, 2 got their walking papers, 1 transferred and 2 others quit and I retired.
In saying that they’re mostly running a full schedule, just not filling the open line positions. But we’ll see. It’s time for another call.
We had one driver quit 2 3 months ago and it didn't make a dang difference. Things have gotten much worse since then. We need to drop 2 probably 3 more drivers to make some kind of difference but TM will not do that. He'll just starve us

I think it's crazy when some other carriers are busy and OD isn't what's going on with OD?
The issue sure is that OD is the most expensive freight carrier to haul with in the LTL world. They raised their rates just as Joe Biden tanked the economy and inflation went skyrocketing upwards. Everyone is going with either lowest bidder like XPO, who does high volumes low cost but also hi damages, and others in that realm.

Unfortunately, I am no longer with OD because a DUI driver complained that I ran him off the road and caused damage to his car even though my dash cam and the company camera already showed his car fubar but as you know we were in the time of trimming fat, and the VP of safety chose to let me go, and I have no discipline in my file.

I moved on to the auto parts business where I’m thriving and making $600 net more per week then I was making at Old Dominion. Life is good over here. I only hope that my fellow friends that still work at OD and the company as a whole makes it through. I love my job there, but right now in this climate, it just was not secure or stable..

Long story short, if and hopefully all the drivers that are remaining can survive through this dry spell …things will look up and everyone can have a great career but not with this president

The issue sure is that OD is the most expensive freight carrier to haul with in the LTL world. They raised their rates just as Joe Biden tanked the economy and inflation went skyrocketing upwards. Everyone is going with either lowest bidder like XPO, who does high volumes low cost but also hi damages, and others in that realm.

Unfortunately, I am no longer with OD because a DUI driver complained that I ran him off the road and caused damage to his car even though my dash cam and the company camera already showed his car fubar but as you know we were in the time of trimming fat, and the VP of safety chose to let me go, and I have no discipline in my file.

I moved on to the auto parts business where I’m thriving and making $600 net more per week then I was making at Old Dominion. Life is good over here. I only hope that my fellow friends that still work at OD and the company as a whole makes it through. I love my job there, but right now in this climate, it just was not secure or stable..

Long story short, if and hopefully all the drivers that are remaining can survive through this dry spell …things will look up and everyone can have a great career but not with this president
Congratulations! Sounds like myself. Everytime I got fired, I shortly hired on elsewhere getting a combination of either better pay, home time, routes, equipment, benefits, ect... Then I wonder why I stayed so long. I am a terrible representative for myself.

Who passed away driver is Bonnie still going??

I’m sorry to hear. Our regional safety director, Billy knows him, threatened to have me fired for no rain skirts on my set of triples. Since we was in front of the shop, I jumped out of the cab and got nose to nose with him. He started stuttering, his sign of nervousness. Told him the shop doesn’t have any, turned around and reported his ass to the TM. Toddie and I never spoke to each other again.

I’m glad that you’re doing good. The cameras are a joke in my opinion.

Congratulations! Sounds like myself. Everytime I got fired, I shortly hired on elsewhere getting a combination of either better pay, home time, routes, equipment, benefits, ect... Then I wonder why I stayed so long. I am a terrible representative for
Kiko. He had been there a few years. He had covered my Klamath Falls run and passed away that night at his home. I heard it was a heart attack. We tried to contact his wife, but she never returned any of our calls. I don’t think that management could even reach her. It’s was sad though.

Sorry I responded to the wrong post. Billy this is the answer for yours.

Kiko. He had been there a few years. He had covered my Klamath Falls run and passed away that night at his home. I heard it was a heart attack. We tried to contact his wife, but she never returned any of our calls. I don’t think that management could even reach her. It’s was sad though.

Sorry I responded to the wrong post. Billy this is the answer for yours.
That’s too bad,, sorry for the loss of your coworker. I think I heard the name but never met him personally driver,,

These days all the yards running three got bins of splash guards for you if you come back,,, still don’t mean they using em lmao

How are you making $800 net more a week in a Joe Biden inflated economy?

"Old Dominion said in its fiscal 2022 proxy filing that Freeman had a 3.6% increase in base salary to $604,204, as well as a 32.3% increase in incentive pay to $5.51 million, and total compensation of $7.85 million, up 25.2%.

In Thursday’s filing, the board approved increasing Freeman’s base salary to $956,800, up 58.3%.
By comparison, Gantt’s base salary for 2022 was $917,701"

"Old Dominion said in its fiscal 2022 proxy filing that Freeman had a 3.6% increase in base salary to $604,204, as well as a 32.3% increase in incentive pay to $5.51 million, and total compensation of $7.85 million, up 25.2%.

In Thursday’s filing, the board approved increasing Freeman’s base salary to $956,800, up 58.3%.
By comparison, Gantt’s base salary for 2022 was $917,701"
And we'll get a crappy 1.5¢ per mile raise or .75 per hour, and they'll claim the economy is bad. But now we know how they're paying for those big exec raises.

Same old story: the rich get richer, and screw the guys doing the work.