Internal 53' lift gate SEV

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
Yes the lift is inside. Not to bad for store stuff but sucks trying to two wheel off around that contraption
Can't lift gate to the ground. And it takes up a lot of room.
I hope that you all don't have these yet and it's just a Topeka thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never seen one. Only liftgates we have are the 53" straight frames that do store deliveries. They told us E-vans will NEVER deliver stores.

They converted one it wasn't all that bad. Not sure we did good on cube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some new 59" GES liftgate trailers in. These will be a nightmare for store deliveries. What were they thinking ordering these??

What are they thinking when they ordered the new lift gates they have now. Pics coming

Oh gosh a 59' trailer where is that even legal?
That sounds awful in Cleveland things are hard enough with a 38' trailer.

We use them in Texas and Louisiana. Take them anywhere a 48' or 53' would go. Through tight little towns and everything! It's a nightmare. But you get used to it.

What were they thinking ordering these??

I can tell you almost exactly what they were thinking.

"We can fit more boxes on these trailers."

And then another manager asked:

"Can we get taller trailers? Can we make them wider too?"

You can get three rows of chips on a pallet, a pallet is 4' long, these trailers are 6' longer, so that's... well 41/2 more boxes. What you put them 5 across the trailer and you floor stack them, how high... just figger it for me, how many more cases will fit on this trailer?

I can tell you almost exactly what they were thinking.

"We can fit more boxes on these trailers."

And then another manager asked:

"Can we get taller trailers? Can we make them wider too?"

You can get three rows of chips on a pallet, a pallet is 4' long, these trailers are 6' longer, so that's... well 41/2 more boxes. What you put them 5 across the trailer and you floor stack them, how high... just figger it for me, how many more cases will fit on this trailer?

I could never figure it for you Ted, but my answer is ALOT!

Yea, the one on the back looks gay, the one on the front is super gay.

Agreed. They break so easily too. As soon as the wind starts blowing hard the plastic tears and they will start flapping in the wind. Had one almost hit a truck next to me. I've had to take atleast 5 trailers to the shop because of this problem and all the shop does is remove them completely. LOL. Oh these trailers are actually almost 61 feet because of the liftgate sticking out in the back.

No idea how much more cases they can fit in these trailers. But they can fit about 4 more carts. If management could figure out a way to widen these trailers and make them taller, they would.