SEFL | Interview with SEFL

screamingeagle35

TB Lurker
Credits
I just had an interview with you guys and was wondering how your transfer policy works? I have a certain place in mind, but no openings are there currently. The CCm told me ,that did my interview, said that a driver has to be employed for a year in order to get a linehaul position...does anyone know if there is any validity to that?

And he also said you guys do not bid start times for P&D....so what does your seniority entitle you to? Just curious...

These are just a few things I wanted to clarify,but didn't figure a transfer was a type of thing to bring up at an interview,lol.

the term you are wanting to transfer to, has to have an opening. you loose all your senority when you transfer you being new that wouldnt matter. however if you have been with the company say 10 yrs and you transfer you go to the bottom on the p&d list, but you still have senority over your vacation. as far as being hired on directly to linehaul, that would probably not happen, you have to been there at least a year. linehaul is done by bid and senority. he is correct p&d runs are not done by bid. most guys start out running wild. i like running wild myself.

the term you are wanting to transfer to, has to have an opening. you loose all your senority when you transfer you being new that wouldnt matter. however if you have been with the company say 10 yrs and you transfer you go to the bottom on the p&d list, but you still have senority over your vacation. as far as being hired on directly to linehaul, that would probably not happen, you have to been there at least a year. linehaul is done by bid and senority. he is correct p&d runs are not done by bid. most guys start out running wild. i like running wild myself.

Thanks Mike....appreciate the info. I have 9 years in myself with Fed Freight and I am kicking around the idea of leaving to work for you guys. I just am trying to find out as much as I can before I commit.

You guys look pretty similar to how AF ran before Fedex took over, same basic operations,just with a more personal touch. Your P&D is a little different ,but that wouldn't be bad having a start time that fluctuated I guess. I think he said they try to keep you around the same time,and if things get slow,he rotates drivers on days off to avoid laying off. He also rotates the xtra road runs and overtime,doesn't let one driver soak it all up. And I think Fedex should practice that theirselves!

Mike is correct, I will just add a couple points. Usually the most senior p&d guys have the earlier start times. Also if a term. dosn't have a vacation relief driver (smaller terms.) the bottom P&D guys fill in in linehaul. This is a great company. Not trying to kick teeth here but I "think" this is the only LTL company that hasn't taken anything from the drivers, NO paycuts, we still get the 401k match, No layoffs and still received profit sharing. Good luck to you whatever you do.

Mike is correct, I will just add a couple points. Usually the most senior p&d guys have the earlier start times. Also if a term. dosn't have a vacation relief driver (smaller terms.) the bottom P&D guys fill in in linehaul. This is a great company. Not trying to kick teeth here but I "think" this is the only LTL company that hasn't taken anything from the drivers, NO paycuts, we still get the 401k match, No layoffs and still received profit sharing. Good luck to you whatever you do.

I have to agree with this statement... Also i believe SE is the only company hiring in the texas area.

:smile1:
Thanks Mike....appreciate the info. I have 9 years in myself with Fed Freight and I am kicking around the idea of leaving to work for you guys. I just am trying to find out as much as I can before I commit.

You guys look pretty similar to how AF ran before Fedex took over, same basic operations,just with a more personal touch. Your P&D is a little different ,but that wouldn't be bad having a start time that fluctuated I guess. I think he said they try to keep you around the same time,and if things get slow,he rotates drivers on days off to avoid laying off. He also rotates the xtra road runs and overtime,doesn't let one driver soak it all up. And I think Fedex should practice that theirselves!

I think more of FedEx Freight drivers are going to be looking elsewhere also. I will be shortly because I've been laid off since February. Alot of unhappy drivers at FedEx now-a-days.
Good luck with your decision.

:smile1:

I think more of FedEx Freight drivers are going to be looking elsewhere also. I will be shortly because I've been laid off since February. Alot of unhappy drivers at FedEx now-a-days.
Good luck with your decision.

Thanks man....I have reached a point of no return so to speak...if Idon't take the job,then S.E. will probably not hire me EVER. As I have taken the drug screen and physical,lol. I just hope that my instincts are right and what I am hearing from the hiring manager are right.

Hopefully the company is well founded and not in danger in folding up in the years to come. I think it will be fine unless they get BOUGHT OUT by a bigger freight company! :-)

Thanks man....I have reached a point of no return so to speak...if Idon't take the job,then S.E. will probably not hire me EVER. As I have taken the drug screen and physical,lol. I just hope that my instincts are right and what I am hearing from the hiring manager are right.

Hopefully the company is well founded and not in danger in folding up in the years to come. I think it will be fine unless they get BOUGHT OUT by a bigger freight company! :-)

Congradulations Sir and good luck in your new venture. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do

In my opinion, this company won't be sold for a long time to come. They've had good offers before and were not remotely intrested.

In my opinion, this company won't be sold for a long time to come. They've had good offers before and were not remotely intrested.

Getting off topic here but I posted a new thread about Florida job openings and was wondering if you knew how freight was down there. No responses yet on that post.
I got laid off at FedEx and live in Missouri and was thinking about moving if I got to start all over.

Congrats!!! I think you will be better off since you sounded fed up at FedEx. I'm tired of FedEx's ::shit:: by changing the rules every day to suit their needs and no consideration for the employees. I think down the road they will be having a visit from the "3rd party" and then there will be uniform rules company wide.

Thanks all and good luck to each and every one of you. Yeah Ghetto,I felt the same way,I was looking for transfers to Dallas,and looks like that isn't going to be a possibility. There are just too many displaced drivers ,including yourself of course,available to take the open jobs.

I haven't noticed anything open on the ico or for fedex nat'l that wasn't like Wyoming or some place in the Northeast...I have done the Northeast thing (NWB) ,not planning on going back! HA! Not for me.

I have the link for Fedex nationals job opening website Ghetto if you want me to PM it to ya. But honestly,I haven't seen much open for them either unfortunately....

Thanks all and good luck to each and every one of you. Yeah Ghetto,I felt the same way,I was looking for transfers to Dallas,and looks like that isn't going to be a possibility. There are just too many displaced drivers ,including yourself of course,available to take the open jobs.

I haven't noticed anything open on the ico or for fedex nat'l that wasn't like Wyoming or some place in the Northeast...I have done the Northeast thing (NWB) ,not planning on going back! HA! Not for me.

I have the link for Fedex nationals job opening website Ghetto if you want me to PM it to ya. But honestly,I haven't seen much open for them either unfortunately....

Thanks for the offer to FedEx's job postings. I look every day at any openings at all different ltl companies plus FedEx's. Missouri is as far north as I want to ever live.

Just to let you know I saw a posting on sefl website they showed a opening for Irving, TX for p&d. Don't know if is already filled or not. I know you probably won't get to transfer right away though.

Yeah,that is where I want to end up is in the DFW area....since Sunnyvale,TX didn't work out with Fedex....THAT happening is evidently going to be in my distant future.

They've had good offers before and were not remotely intrested.

Yeah, that is what the Garrison's said about American Freightways before, Mr.Smith from FedEx walked into dad Garrison office with a $1.1 Billion Dollar check in hand. An "You know the rest of the story"!:smilie_132: