ODFL | Interview

jebster

TB Lurker
Credits
I have an interview tomorrow in Columbus, Ohio with the line haul manager. Filled out an app on Monday and spent about an hour talking to the terminal manager. Didn't expect to hear back so soon, but was wondering how everyone likes working for OD. I'm fed up and done with OTR.

Thanks
BT

jebster said:
I have an interview tomorrow in Columbus, Ohio with the line haul manager. Filled out an app on Monday and spent about an hour talking to the terminal manager. Didn't expect to hear back so soon, but was wondering how everyone likes working for OD. I'm fed up and done with OTR.

Thanks
BT

There are a lot of things You Can complain about OD. I have worked their for a long time and it has only got better. If you look at the bright side of it OD offers a lot. I stick to my job and take the downsides lightly in return management seems to treat me fairly. I do not always get my way. The company is a publicly traded corporation but is majority owned by the origin family and is profitable. This is a good thing because the family has a stake in the profitability of the corp. yet its balance sheet is public and the head management has to answer to the stock holders. If you are looking for a 9am to 5 pm job in linehaul forget it you will probably have to pay your dues like the rest of us.

sparky said:
There are a lot of things You Can complain about OD. I have worked their for a long time and it has only got better. If you look at the bright side of it OD offers a lot. I stick to my job and take the downsides lightly in return management seems to treat me fairly. I do not always get my way. The company is a publicly traded corporation but is majority owned by the origin family and is profitable. This is a good thing because the family has a stake in the profitability of the corp. yet its balance sheet is public and the head management has to answer to the stock holders. If you are looking for a 9am to 5 pm job in linehaul forget it you will probably have to pay your dues like the rest of us.

1st welcome to the boards jebster, hey maybe u could do city they offered me 8-5 right outta school.

OD beats OTR anyday. At least you will be home everyday, and get the weekends off. I have done OTR, I have delivered milk and OD is a cakewalk. Columbus is a main hub so there is always work. There is always $$ to make if you want it. You will top out on linehaul pay in 2 years and city pay in 3. Its a good company to work for

i like it i did LH 1.5 years and its easy and rules lax. they said 10 hrs but i set my clock to go off at 10 and came on in. never had a problem.

im a bad truckdriver

now im local and got some management that has very little to do so they are over shoulders but other than that i love this place