Estes | interviews with Con-Way and Estes who is better

tsteele3

TB Lurker
Credits
I’ve had interviews with Con-Way and Estes this week and would like to know who would be the best They both seem to have the good and the bad about them thanks for any comments

I’ve had interviews with Con-Way and Estes this week and would like to know who would be the best They both seem to have the good and the bad about them thanks for any comments

I've worked for both (currently at Estes). Conway would be a better choice for long term (pay+benefits), but you'll have to put up with a few months or even years of "flex board". Totally different schedules day to day. Conway is also very military like and rigid on policies, they have a very "if you don't like it then leave" mentality. Estes is a family owned company, and from what I've seen on the posts is really different whether you're in the west or east. I'm in the east, and this is a very laid back, employee friendly environment. Like the previous post, there will be good or bad with either, but I believe both have a solid future. Good Luck.:1036316054:

If you have a choice of employers in this economy, that's great ! just follow your
instincts.

if your lazy estes, you can pretty much suck here, and be treated well, unless your a line driver, or work in the west. Conway, makes you work hard, but you are very well compensated, and given plenty of paid time off

WOW!! I'm in the green, it's going to be tough man, specially with Unionist out
there.

well it never hurts around here to be pro. but as long as you are fair and honest you will always stay green. good luck. i even have some reds. that other side gives me a heck of a time

CONWAY- if your on the flexboard there are days you will work and days you will not.But they did pay well when you did work.Good luck

If your looking for a day shift job, go with Fed'Ex,Ups,R&L,Saia,anybody except estes, They(Estes) treat you like a number,give you a canned 12 ounce coke for driver appreciation day,their hourly pay is one of the lowest for P&D drivers,and they don't pay overtime.However,if you don't mind working nights they seem to treat their Linehaul drivers very well.

If your looking for a day shift job, go with Fed'Ex,Ups,R&L,Saia,anybody except estes, They(Estes) treat you like a number,give you a canned 12 ounce coke for driver appreciation day,their hourly pay is one of the lowest for P&D drivers,and they don't pay overtime.However,if you don't mind working nights they seem to treat their Linehaul drivers very well.

REALY?????? Treat their line drivers well????? They only pay you when your wheels are spinning. How is that paying their line drivers well? They should pay all time on duty, period. That means, from the time you show up, for your assignment, until you are finished with that assignment, period. Estes is a jippo hauler. They haul junk freight. They are the bottom feeders of the LTL trucking industry. Everyone agrees that they are at the bottom of the food chain. A joke of a carrier. The laughing stock of LTL carriers. I call them the way I see them. Don't hate me because I am right!!!!! Teamster Elvis out......

REALY?????? Treat their line drivers well????? They only pay you when your wheels are spinning. How is that paying their line drivers well? They should pay all time on duty, period. That means, from the time you show up, for your assignment, until you are finished with that assignment, period. Estes is a jippo hauler. They haul junk freight. They are the bottom feeders of the LTL trucking industry. Everyone agrees that they are at the bottom of the food chain. A joke of a carrier. The laughing stock of LTL carriers. I call them the way I see them. Don't hate me because I am right!!!!! Teamster Elvis out......

really have you ever talked to a r&l driver. the city guys have to buy their pallet jack. linehaul pays a set rate to the run. don't even get milage pay. wake up . i am amazed how stupied and immuture you are boo hoo estes sucks. upsf don't have contractors. oops well they do but elvis hasn't seen em so they don't exist. elvis has probally never talked to a r&l driver soo he don't "care" about them. like your momma should have beat in your fat hard head, elvis, " if ya don't have somethin good to say then don't say anything". actually keep on elvis every post anymore makes you look more like the a$$ you are.. whatever dude

really have you ever talked to a r&l driver. the city guys have to buy their pallet jack. linehaul pays a set rate to the run. don't even get milage pay. wake up . i am amazed how stupied and immuture you are boo hoo estes sucks. upsf don't have contractors. oops well they do but elvis hasn't seen em so they don't exist. elvis has probally never talked to a r&l driver soo he don't "care" about them. like your momma should have beat in your fat hard head, elvis, " if ya don't have somethin good to say then don't say anything". actually keep on elvis every post anymore makes you look more like the a$$ you are.. whatever dude
I am not quite sure but, I think you may be trying to insult me. If you could structure a post that was half coherent, it would really help me out with my confusion. Anyway, I was just trying to help a fellow driver out with the facts. Sorry if the facts hurts your tender feelings, my close and personal friend, Beerboy. TE out..........

I am not quite sure but, I think you may be trying to insult me. If you could structure a post that was half coherent, it would really help me out with my confusion. Anyway, I was just trying to help a fellow driver out with the facts. Sorry if the facts hurts your tender feelings, my close and personal friend, Beerboy. TE out..........

well i'm callin you a smart mouthed, thinks you know it all, pro union or nothing, old *** dipshit *******...:smilie_132:

Elvis is Great!!!!

i think all rules are broken in one sentence

wha! wha! wha! wha! wha! poor beer boy your feelings are hurt!! boo who who I think that guy out to get better so he should go to UPSF or even conway he will get his delay pays and even OT after 40hours so yeah! anything is better than giving free time Ha hA ! the truth hurts beerboy!! Elvis the new American hero!!!

elvis did you and robsnightmare ( your partner ) get offical yet in cali ??? i'm happy for you two. good luck bro