Introduce Yourself!

GT, I, for one, am glad you're back on delivery. I watch and talk to our shuttle guys; and honestly, I do not want into that game. too easy to get soft. :)

My boyfriend; yes, the one that works at sysco with me. It's good that we are able to understand each others' crazy schedule so well, and we are very much alike, which is good. Although it wasn't something I was looking for, it's the best relationship I've ever been in, and was completely unexpected, which I love!

Funny, MoneyMan! I don't know if I could kick your ass, but I do believe I'm pretty tough chick, lol!! This foodservice stuff I am beginning to love, although I still dislike the warehouse monkeys...

Glad to be here on the trucking boards... really!

Hi everybody, I'm brtecson, and I'm addicted to lurking truckingboards.com.:wavey:

I've been driving for about 7 years now in foodservice (Reinhart and Bakemark) and grocery(Dearborn Wholesale). I worked for Dearborn out of a shuttle yard for five years of those years and I loved it. Unfortunately they shut down the shuttle operations in March of this year so I had to find work where it could be found... So I've been working at one of the big freight companies since march and I absolutely loathe it. I was promised long hours and big paychecks and I've gotten the exact opposite. Not to mention that we're treated like expendable temporary employees. However, the good news is I have interviews with McLane and MBM foodservices coming up so I'm looking forward to a new opportunity.

Brtecson which freight company do you work for? I didn't mind doing ltl when I worked at Estes. But Saia was tough and someday I do hope to become a linehaul driver. Probably when I'm old tho lol. Or maybe just maybe GFS will move into MN and I can go back there. I miss GFS :(

Hi everybody, I'm brtecson, and I'm addicted to lurking truckingboards.com.:wavey:

I've been driving for about 7 years now in foodservice (Reinhart and Bakemark) and grocery(Dearborn Wholesale). I worked for Dearborn out of a shuttle yard for five years of those years and I loved it. Unfortunately they shut down the shuttle operations in March of this year so I had to find work where it could be found... So I've been working at one of the big freight companies since march and I absolutely loathe it. I was promised long hours and big paychecks and I've gotten the exact opposite. Not to mention that we're treated like expendable temporary employees. However, the good news is I have interviews with McLane and MBM foodservices coming up so I'm looking forward to a new opportunity.

Both are good companies from what I hear, I have met guys at backhauls that have been with MBM for 20 yrs plus, I'm told you have to give your life to McLane, I don't know how true that is, my buddy works there but on the C-store side, he loves it with all his heart!

You know I wish the best for you Brother! I have always thought you are a great guy, you and your family deserve the best, I doubt you can go wrong with either one!!

Thanks for the kind words, GT.

I went to the interview at MBM and the ops manager sounded pretty eager for me to work there. He scheduled a dot physical/drug test/strength test for tuesday. Still have to see what Mclane Foodservice has to say.

Thanks for the kind words, GT.

I went to the interview at MBM and the ops manager sounded pretty eager for me to work there. He scheduled a dot physical/drug test/strength test for tuesday. Still have to see what Mclane Foodservice has to say.

Good deal Brother, your fortunate, one is interested, I got a feeling Mclane will pay more but thats just my feeling, I don't know that for sure.

Welcome to you both newbies. Be sure to spread the word about truckingboards !!

Well I'm not in foodservice just a wanna be. But I'm jrut..only had my CDL a year and a half so far first worked in the oilfields for a year..hated it but loved the money, never home. I didnt mind that part much but I hated the job. We didn't get to drive that much only once or twice a week or so. I loved to drive, so I started lookin' for something different. I had a job at Estes lined up as a linehaul driver so I quit my job and then Estes told me I wasn't getting hired because of a speeding ticket. So I was desperate for anything and ended up taking a job at Dr. Pepper as a bulk driver. I love the job but didn't know it would pay so LOW so now I'm stuck with it atleast for a while until someone else hires me. I'm looking hard at foodservice..tempted to stick this out for another 6 months or so until MBM will hire me. They won't hire me because of my speeding ticket since I don't have 2 years experience.. So I'm just here getting information on companies and shootin the bull with people in the mean time :D I've applied at Sysco, MBM, MB, and all the LTL outfits but the more I read about those on here and from what GT says about sysco..I think I'll just wait for MBM. The one near me uses liftgates and jacks

Hello on you i am jessie and new to this forum i found it in search engine and i feel interesting that's why i join.

If you type "sysco sucks" in google, truckingboards is the fifth result, I think it was the third result one or two years ago.

If you type "sysco sucks" in google, truckingboards is the fifth result, I think it was the third result one or two years ago.

Well, for us it is suckin right now, good info Ted, now, if your contract don't specify an incentive clause, they can do what they want with DIP. Thats why they took away ABC here, our contract only keeps them from lowering our pay per hour. As soon as this new system has the bugs out its going nation wide, don't know if DIP is going with it but its a straight pay cut, and that ain't no Bull ****!!!

Hello my name is Mike I am 25 and l from Cleveland, Ohio. I deliver hard liquor for the State Liquor Agencies. I go all over to bars, private clubs and restaurants delivering the best liquor that the State of Ohio Department of Commerce Liquor Control Division has to offer.

I'm also a truck driving school student working on earning my Class A CDL not much longer almost done with school in the final weeks. I have my Class B CDL with a Passenger Bus endorsement and when it's all said and done I would like to work at Northern Hasserot Brandt during the work week and moonlight at American Limousine and Coach driving a Limousine or Town Car on Saturday over the weekend. I also would like to get into the charter/motor coach business one day I like MCI buses and think there pretty much the bomb! I also like 10 wheel straight trucks and would like to work at Smith Dairy driving one of there cool Peterbuilt 10 wheelers.

As far as personal life:
I graduated high school in 2007
I have an associates degree from Lorain County Community College
I used to be a restaurant manager at a fairly busy pizza shop and have owned and operated my own carpet cleaning business for the past 4 years doing both residential and commercial carpet cleaning.

I've also been involved in Ohio's growing independent film scene working on and being part of a couple of movie productions one in post production and one in pre production. I've worked as a production assistant on movie sets, and have done a lot of the ugly unglamorous jobs of movie production like gathering props and returning rented equipment to companies like Ohio Digital Video and some place in Cincinnati that rents movie equipment.

Any how, I like to come on Trucking Boards and post long diatribes and talk to all you guys seeing what's up.

Welcome and keep it up with all that hard work. People that work their asses off don't fail !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That carpet sure is clean !! I could put a grOw room in there... mom loves fresh tomatoes and such.
its such a pretty day outside...im gonna go minds the sheep.

Long Live The American Dream !!

z023.jpg

z024.jpg

014.jpg

No need to move your car, or train or tractor trailer I can come to you where ever you are and hose everything down and make it nice and clean!