Introduce Yourself!

Mike J, here in Texas McLane foodservice has hired people straight out of driving school. Might apply there if there is one near you. Honestly I would never be a bus driver just because you can make more money with your CDL doing something else. My dad is retired, and recently got his CDL and trained with an OTR company, and hated it. So he went and got his passenger endorsement and now he's a city bus driver. He is only part time, doesn't make that good per hour. But gets to be home every night and he likes the job. Just doesn't pay too good. But he's retired so he's happy doing that. A negative side to it is that you're responsible for all those passengers. If you have to stop too quickly, and some old lady falls out of her seat, you're reliable, and could easily get fired for a little mistake like that.

Mike J, here in Texas McLane foodservice has hired people straight out of driving school. Might apply there if there is one near you. Honestly I would never be a bus driver just because you can make more money with your CDL doing something else. My dad is retired, and recently got his CDL and trained with an OTR company, and hated it. So he went and got his passenger endorsement and now he's a city bus driver. He is only part time, doesn't make that good per hour. But gets to be home every night and he likes the job. Just doesn't pay too good. But he's retired so he's happy doing that. A negative side to it is that you're responsible for all those passengers. If you have to stop too quickly, and some old lady falls out of her seat, you're reliable, and could easily get fired for a little mistake like that.

I didn't plan on driving a bus until way later after I made the bulk of my money driving the big trucks. I think our city transit bus drivers here in Cleveland make about $15.00 an hour to start, but they make you work the extra board and it's a lot of crappy routes and split shifts and all that stuff. Your right though food service, garbage man, they all pay way better then bus work.

I've been a member for a while now to lazy to complete signing up but now that i have i figured i would say hello from Mississippi Also i currently work for us foods and am nervous about the merger

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Thanks i feel like i know you already you have some very informative posts better late than never to join the forum i guess

I've been a member for a while now to lazy to complete signing up but now that i have i figured i would say hello from Mississippi Also i currently work for us foods and am nervous about the merger

Welcome Brother!!! I have alot of friends at USF, we are all nervous about the merger, I hope it don't happen!

I'm glad your here, its nice to have another foodservice person here giving their perspective.

Only our warehouse is union for now. drivers are not interested at least the majority.if they cut our pay maybe they'll change their mind.

Welcome aboard brother. I would bet my check that it will go through. If u read the teamster report the top 8 executives 4 from Sysco 4 from us foods will spilt 26 million if I remember right. They are not going to miss that opportunity.

Thank you,I agree its all about the money but I'm prepared for whatever hopefully things will be ok in the end.We are getting a new building so that's a good thing the other one was put out of service after a tornado hit it 4/29/14.

Is that the us foods house that right after the tornado u guys were delivering Sysco product. I heard but was not sure where it was.

Not that i know of we get our stuff from Memphis,Tn and Montgomery,Al as well as from,Houston,Garland,Beaumont,Tx

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a very likely scenario,as long as we don't end up getting the bad end of deal ie: paycuts, lose benifits,get shat on by managment I'll be ok