Introduce Yourself!

Its a very likely scenario,as long as we don't end up getting the bad end of deal ie: paycuts, lose benifits,get shat on by managment I'll be ok

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Thats the problem here Mr Sippl, turn mgmt loose on us without a binding agreement? I can't imagine, the way they are now having to work with us covered under a contract, without one we would be lucky to get paid at all.

I don't want to have to work like I'm 20 yrs old because if I don't mgmt will be on my ass and threatening my job. Let me put it to you this way, I would rather work in fast food, rather than have mgmt turned loose on me and have to work without a contract, don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but I don't trust the folks upstairs at all, not even a little bit, thats not my opinion either, they showed me I can't trust them, over and over again.

We go by seniority,bid routes,trucks and get paid well for my area all is above average compared to other places I've worked.If i have a problem they listen,they may not see it my way but listen nonetheless.Overall I'm satisfied just here.Sysco has a revolving door for drivers that get hired then quit even senior drivers that doesn't look good to me. Sysco don't bid at least from what I hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
We go by seniority,bid routes,trucks and get paid well for my area all is above average compared to other places I've worked.If i have a problem they listen,they may not see it my way but listen nonetheless.Overall I'm satisfied just here.Sysco has a revolving door for drivers that get hired then quit even senior drivers that doesn't look good to me. Sysco don't bid at least from what I hear.

I won't out you but I have a feeling I know where you work, I have friends at the place I think it is and if it is the same place then yes, you have it better than most.

It's been good to me but stuffs always changing usually not for the best.They're not the only game in town if it sucks to bad.I like you shuttle and would prefer to do that after unloading these trailers from out of town.

Hi guys, I'm Jd!! I work for Gordon food service.. Taunton, Ma location! I live in Rhode Island. I'm 37, I've been at this company for almost 15 years. I do regular pedal stops in Conn, Rhode Island, and Ma.Ive been married for 10 years and I have two kids, one 18 year old and a 8 year old. My hobbys are guns and fishing, riding my Harley's, import cars, and I love cooking BBQ!

Hi JD,
I once applied to work at Gordon Food Service and they phone interviewed me and never called me back. I spend lots of money at there grocery stores every other week.

Say what's your favorite product that they have?

I just opened a bag of there ruffled potato chips, very good chips and the provolone cheese is delicious as well.

Move to Pittsburgh Mike, they are starting to hire for the new warehouse. Currently have an opening for a chain account driver. Keep watching their site, maybe they will put a drop yard in cleveland.

Hi JD,
I once applied to work at Gordon Food Service and they phone interviewed me and never called me back. I spend lots of money at there grocery stores every other week.

Say what's your favorite product that they have?

I just opened a bag of there ruffled potato chips, very good chips and the provolone cheese is delicious as well.
Well they haven't built any GFS stores out this way yet but I hear the plans are drawn up and are in the making. We have a store built into the warehouse currently that's been there previously before we got bought out by GFS. We were Perkins paper prior to the buyout! I've purchased many items over the years but I think one of the best deals is the boneless skinless chicken Breast usually selling for around $30-35 for 20lbs depending on the season.

Hello everyone, my name is Mike. I am after Friday an ex-beer truck driver. I worked for a Coors Light distributor in Cleveland for 9-10 months depending upon who you ask. I rand in the very very beginning out in Cleveland Heights and for the past 6-7 months or so have been running in Cleveland's lower west side. Monday morning I start my new life working for Gordon Food Service as a Sales and Service Delivery Driver and I hope to have a long and fruitful career at GFS and I also hope that I can make it out of truck driving eventually too and do something else for the company.

Thanks GT Monday morning 4:30am it starts. Tonight I was out trying to figure out the right way to back the truck up to the loading dock at the local high school. I worry a lot about stuff like that and give my self situations and try to figure out what the move would be. I don't think any of it helps, but I'm such a loser it's what I do.

R it's true I'm such a loser, other people are out on Friday night having the time of there lives (allegedly) and I'm sitting there standing in the parking lot at the high school staring at the delivery entrance (my high school is a GFS customer) going "I don't know what to do a tandem axle Volvo and 28 foot trailer you might be able to noise if there wasn't that pile of snow there that's like a ice berge in the way and alley dock back in towards the school bus lot then pull forward and straight line back.

Then I thought yeah and that's all good and well, but building there car parked over there no that might not work. Then my other option was come into the parking lot from the wrong way and just straight line back down the driveway that has this big curve in it. I still don't know what the real answer is I would like to see how the guy who really does it does it.

Then an idea I had that I though of this morning was wait if it's the morning time maybe the school bus lot might be empty drive the truck into the school bus lot and do a big U-turn then drive out of the school bus lot and straight line back, to where I have to go. This idea would be the easiest and saftest of them all if I could do it. There would be pleanty of room in the school bus lot and if it's empty enough you could go right through.

Here is the google maps of the high school the delivery entrance is where the court yard is what would you guys do?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rocky River High School/@41.4738634,-81.850445,140m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8830f2a7151cb6d7:0x5fdecbd00b774cf3

Another thing that would be easy if it was possible, and early enough it should be, but drive into the student parking and litterally if the gate is open drive straight through the bus lot and then it would actually at that point be really easy that would be the best way to do it, it would be the fastest have the minimum amount of backing and make it all work nice and easy.

I back up in the beer truck, but I like being careful and at the end of the day (this coming from me) there's no point in working harder then you have to and putting to much stress on your self to achive the exact same result.

On my old beer truck route the previous drive always backed into this one gas station on this narrow crappy street. PS and by the way he was the only truck to do that and if you were in a trailer any bigger then a 14 bay side loader you wouldn't be backing into that gas station. Well I did that maneuver a couple times and had a small incident and after that time I came in the way the other trucks do and never had a problem again.

Last edited:
First thing Mike, your not a looser or GFS wouldn't have hired you. Secondly there is nothing wrong with pre-planning your route. I get on my ipad at home and scout out the dealerships when I go there for the first time. The best advise I can give you for backing in high traffic, congested areas is to stay calm and don't let anyone else's impatience cause you to rush. Constantly scan both sides of your hood and all mirrors. It's easy to concentrate more on the drivers side and get too close on the passenger side. Don't be afraid to pull up as many times as it takes to safely finish your backing maneuver. Until you get used to backing a pup(28 ft trailer) you may look like a slinky going from side to side since they do cut quick. Before long you will be an expert, but don't rush it as it just takes time. Good luck Monday with your new job and remember to take your time and do your best to keep a clean driving record.

Hi Banker,
When I swing drove at the beer company I would pre plan as much as I could. Wasn't always possible, but I did what I could do.
Our 14 bay side loaders are about 24 feet long I've only ever really pulled shorter trailers. However that's good advice nobody ever told me and that's scan both sides of the hood.

I'm trying my best to stay out of trouble and incident free which is why I come on here and go "I don't what to do help!" Ha-ha.

GFS though seems to know how there trucks get in and out of there stops. The beer company didn't care what ever we wanted to do was fine with them it was pretty much a free for all at the beer company.

I look at every taco bell, kfc, and pizza hut I drive by, thinking that I'm gonna end up there someday. Even when I'm on a vacation on the other side of the country. Can't help it.

I drove by that school a couple of years ago for about six months. There was a bunch of construction going on there, and when school was in session, I tried to make sure I was done at the pizza hut down the street and back thru there before 7.

Ain't a very truck-friendly neighborhood. Lots of bicycles and joggers, and not many seem concerned with using sidewalks or wearing any high-vis clothing.

I drove by that school a couple of years ago for about six months. There was a bunch of construction going on there, and when school was in session, I tried to make sure I was done at the pizza hut down the street and back thru there before 7.

Ain't a very truck-friendly neighborhood. Lots of bicycles and joggers, and not many seem concerned with using sidewalks or wearing any high-vis clothing.

When my dad parked his cab over Peterbuilt in the early 1990s in the driveway at home the police came in about 2 seconds flat and so no absolutely not. That's my high school, where I went to school. Graduated in 2007. My old Monday beer route had a couple stops on Detroit Road and no it's not truck friendly at all. That neighborhood is $$$ and the houses cost $$$ and the people who live there make big $$$ working for the alphabet community. They added on to the back of the high school. Actually before they added on to the high school and screwed everything up, that high school was a lot easier in a big truck the school buses had there own fuel island that delivery would have been a piece of cake before they put that addition on and got rid of the school bus fuel island and basically mucked it all way the hell up.

The only saving grace if you could use it, is the fact that they added another gate to the school bus yard and you could essentially come down through the student parking on Wagar Road and drive straight through the school bus yard.

You went to the Pizza Hut over at River Square next to Penn Station. I know the joint. We used to have a free standing Pizza Hut on Center Ridge Road, but it's gone now tore it down. For the beer company I had a stop at the CVS across the street from Pizza Hut and the liquor store right down at the far end of the strip mall.

Lakewood-Rocky River isn't anywhere fun in a truck especially you're big McLane Trucks I think GFS's trucks are almost two big ha-ha. Double R's Sister Company Northern Haserot Brandt that whole route is straight truck for them. You have to drive all the way out to Elyria and Amherst before you see an NHB semi.

I still don't really know how to get into the high school I would really like to see how the guy who does it now do the route and that stop.

Hi! My name is Frankie Donuts! I have been in the food game for 15 years. I currently drive for National Dcp. We deliver to all the Dunkin Donuts and Bask in Robbins stores in the Midwest.

Hi! My name is Frankie Donuts! I have been in the food game for 15 years. I currently drive for National Dcp. We deliver to all the Dunkin Donuts and Bask in Robbins stores in the Midwest.
Oh god that sounds awful, I see some of those Dunkin Donut stores I don't know how you do it, you guys drive big trucks too.