Introduce Yourself!

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
We have done this before, however, we have alot of new faces since the last time we all did this, I'll start.

I'm Grocerythrower, I work for Sysco OK, shuttle driver, 2 trips a night between Tulsa OK and Norman OK, I like being sober, my soon to be wife Dianna, anything with an engine, woodworking, shopping with Dianna, my dog, Dog, (yep thats his name), he chews on a brick, its funny :)
I also enjoy Truckingboards, reading the paper, diet pepsi, pizza, and more pizza!

GT

Hi,
I'm Double R. I'm a nutcase and need mental help. I enjoy foodservice to much. So much so, that instead of taking a job in the oilfields and getting out of it, I have opted to stay in it and start working at a new company this monday(somebody shoot me, lol). I have been doing this type of work for ten years and I'm only 37(ouch, my back).

I live just outside of Pittsburgh,PA in a community called Brentwood. I was born and rasied in the Pittsburgh area. I am married(going on six years now) and we have one son, he is five. I enjoy camping, fishing, outdoors, technology, and history.

Damm, I feel like I just wrote an ad for e-harmony, lol.

I'm DonRobbie, I'm just starting with PFG as a shuttle driver. 4 Runs a week right now between Rock Island, IL and Terre Haute,IN. Been married a bit over 20 years, 4 good kids (they take after their mom), enjoy playing World of Warcraft, reading, and in general being a layabout.

I'm Moneyman and I'm from Isanti,MN just north of the Twin Cities. Been driving for almost 7 years and been doing mostly foodservice. I'm only 25. Ive also done freight but I always find myself coming back to pull these reefer trailers.

I enjoy 4 wheeling, Snowmobiling, fishing, camping, and being with my son who is 1 year old (hes my life)

I'm Pflash from Pittsburgh, PA and I'm a driver for Lipari Foods. I started with this company on 01/30/12, but I have been driving for 21 years or so. I got my CDL at age 18 while working for Coca Cola, and I have also done tours of duty at Supervalu (best job ever, but lack of work forced me to leave) and UPS (as a part timer). I will celebrate my 40th birthday this year with Mrs. Pflash and my twin 12 year old daughters, all of whom I love with all of my heart. I enjoy spending time with my family, riding my Harley (only been out twice this year! Ugh...), going on vacation, and Steelers football.

I keep busy around the house and I also maintain a couple of rental properties in the area, which is supplementing my retirement. I want to work the truck for 10 more years and then hopefully find an inside job with benefits. Trucking has changed so much in the last 20+ years - so much that I want to get out of it!

Hello all I'm BountyHunter. I'm living in Melbourne, Fl and just started driving for Cheney Brothers back in May. This is my second go around driving food service, my first was with Abbott Foods up in Ohio about 10 years ago. I loved the job then but we were bought out and a lot of us got laid off due to it. I've driven otr, intermodel, and fuel delivery plus a few other things here and there but I loved the food service and fuel delivery the most. Must be the pay I like as those two jobs seem to pay the best. I'm 44 and newly married as of December to a woman I have known since high school. Couldn't get her to go out with me back then...LOL. We have 2 dogs and 3 kids, although one of them is out on his own now. I enjoy spending time with my wife and children and doing a little amateur competition shooting (haven't found a place here in Florida to really do that yet though). I also in the last year discovered I like playing on pool leagues. I'm not the best at that yet but I am getting better. Finally being a Buckeye fan I love OSU football and can't wait to watch them beat up Mich. this year.

Hello all I'm BountyHunter. I'm living in Melbourne, Fl and just started driving for Cheney Brothers back in May. This is my second go around driving food service, my first was with Abbott Foods up in Ohio about 10 years ago. I loved the job then but we were bought out and a lot of us got laid off due to it. I've driven otr, intermodel, and fuel delivery plus a few other things here and there but I loved the food service and fuel delivery the most. Must be the pay I like as those two jobs seem to pay the best. I'm 44 and newly married as of December to a woman I have known since high school. Couldn't get her to go out with me back then...LOL. We have 2 dogs and 3 kids, although one of them is out on his own now. I enjoy spending time with my wife and children and doing a little amateur competition shooting (haven't found a place here in Florida to really do that yet though). I also in the last year discovered I like playing on pool leagues. I'm not the best at that yet but I am getting better. Finally being a Buckeye fan I love OSU football and can't wait to watch them beat up Mich. this year.

Welcome, BountyHunter. You'll find a lot of good info on here, as well as some pretty nice guys.

Hello....
I'm a nobody.. I worked in Construction for 20+yrs... Have a great Wife for almost 20yrs this Oct.,
Three Sons, a new dog, and bad breath. I can be an arse hole sometimes....but, it gets better with patience...lol
You guys have a fast pace job... I always wish the cards lead me to your occupation. Out of all the trucking jobs..Food Service makes the day go fast, while meeting many people.
I could say more....but, GT would kick my arse.

Woody

well my

name is ted ward and I carry a card
I know I look fat but my body is hard

you see I've spent six years in the grocery game
lifting ten tons a day I put most folks to shame

I'm sick and I'm tired and I'm constantly wired
I do a good job trying not to get fired

If I got some spare time and I'm feeling blue
I read the truckingboards to see what's up with you

well my

name is ted ward and I carry a card
I know I look fat but my body is hard

you see I've spent six years in the grocery game
lifting ten tons a day I put most folks to shame

I'm sick and I'm tired and I'm constantly wired
I do a good job trying not to get fired

If I got some spare time and I'm feeling blue
I read the truckingboards to see what's up with you

It just don't get any better than that!!

I'm Matt, new to food service. OTR for Frito-lay out of the Topeka Kansas traffic center.

Welcome to the boards 2wheeldriver. Don't be a stranger. Which Sysco warehouse do you work out of? I wish I made as much money as these big foodservice companies.

My name is Erika. I work for Sysco Portland. Yes I am a girl. Yes I throw groceries like the rest of ya... And I am the only one (girl) at our warehouse. I am small in stature and the guys thought our boss was nuts when he hired me. They just didn't know me yet.

I've been with Sysco almost 6 months, hauled lumber and heavy haul flatbed for the last 13 years. I miss it, because I loved it, but throwing pays well. Can't beat that. I'm a mom to 2 grown kids (21 and 18) and a set of surviving triplets (almost 9) - the surviving part means one of my sons passed away when he was still young; so I have two 8 year olds that deal with a Sysco schedule. I am divorced, but have the most awesome boyfriend in the world. I'm not telling you my age, but I can guarantee; I am younger than you think after reading this!

I am pretty sure I will give a different insight on most of the topics ya'll talk about on here... but at the end of the day my trailer's empty just like yours and I'm just one of the guys.

My name is Erika. I work for Sysco Portland. Yes I am a girl. Yes I throw groceries like the rest of ya... And I am the only one (girl) at our warehouse. I am small in stature and the guys thought our boss was nuts when he hired me. They just didn't know me yet.

I've been with Sysco almost 6 months, hauled lumber and heavy haul flatbed for the last 13 years. I miss it, because I loved it, but throwing pays well. Can't beat that. I'm a mom to 2 grown kids (21 and 18) and a set of surviving triplets (almost 9) - the surviving part means one of my sons passed away when he was still young; so I have two 8 year olds that deal with a Sysco schedule. I am divorced, but have the most awesome boyfriend in the world. I'm not telling you my age, but I can guarantee; I am younger than you think after reading this!

I am pretty sure I will give a different insight on most of the topics ya'll talk about on here... but at the end of the day my trailer's empty just like yours and I'm just one of the guys.

Thats what I wanted to ask you, about your guy, same one that works with you? I hope things are going well, it sounds like they are, you sure do have my respect, you have alot of guts, for one, to hire into a mans game, and two, your no give up attitude, you are exceptional, your guy, your kids, and Sysco are lucky to have you! Thanks for being here, I appreciate the input you have, and I'm proud to call you my friend!

Damn I'm on a roll today. First she tells me a little about her now I learn her name. Hi Erika. Lol. I had a crappy day work but now I'm in a fantastic mood. I agree with GT you have a great attitude. I have a feeling you could kick my ass tho lol. But then again I'm a wimp. I didn't know you had a bf tho. That's ok he seems like a lucky guy. I started seeing someone to. But keep up the good work and keep chiming in. We all missed you and your part of are lil family here on truckingboards.

I guess I need to edit:

I'm back to delivery, it was tough at first, shuttle made me fat and soft, but I'm getting back into the swing of things, at 45 yrs of age its harder to recover than in the past, I am feeling blessed to be working during the day and in the sunshine.

My name is GT and I'm an alcoholic, drug addict, and a foodservice addict, I have several screws loose, they bang around my head all day long, at the end of the day I'm satisfied, because I'm sober, I have a great job, I'm married to the best girl in the whole world and I have all of my TB friends!!

Life is good, and very worth living!! :)