TForce | Is anyone telling the truth? TDU or the IBT?

You know that is a good question, we were not offered company healthcare, we were told we were going to be getting an inferior team care plan, so that is a good question why they would be spreading mis information like that.

until a contract is ratified we are under a company plan ,the whole teamcare deal was in the contract that got rejected . and as afar as ive heard they haven't even began to negotiate anything since the no vote.

until a contract is ratified we are under a company plan ,the whole teamcare deal was in the contract that got rejected . and as afar as ive heard they haven't even began to negotiate anything since the no vote.

True, but same thing could be said about small package contract, National was voted in but they are not going to get to ratify it until all supplements are voted in, so there part timers are still under UPS plan until they can ratify all supplements. I think that was what TDU was trying to get across to there readers, but mistakenly said that we were going to stay under company plan, or implied that the company and the union were not trying to get us to go to team care.

http://makeupsdeliver.org/wp-content/uploads/Two-More-Lies-Southwest.pdf

This flier says UPS Freight Teamster will be in company plan. That is not true. We would be under Teamcare also, why would the TDU post this obvious falsehood?

You can't question the credibility of the IBT and then post something false to try to prove it.

This whole thing is pathetic. The IBT is screwing us and the TDU has questionable motives.

The union is having a problem with us. Most of us have a high school education, some have college degrees. We are not the old uneducated union. We try to find out the truth, through the internet or social media.
The union would prefer to have the members of old. Many not educated or knowledgeable. Where they can tell us to vote YES and we will do what they want, not questioning them.
Our BA gets confused, flustered, then angry if we ask too many questions. Then blames us for his inadequacy.

The union is having a problem with us. Most of us have a high school education, some have college degrees. We are not the old uneducated union. We try to find out the truth, through the internet or social media.
The union would prefer to have the members of old. Many not educated or knowledgeable. Where they can tell us to vote YES and we will do what they want, not questioning them.
Our BA gets confused, flustered, then angry if we ask too many questions. Then blames us for his inadequacy.

I agree with your statement.
The IBT and UPS were sure we would vote Yes on the Tentative Agreement and are still in shock with our overwhelmingly No vote.
We are not going to let them shove a P O S contract on us this time.
This is our Livelihood, our Future, and it's our Vote.

As far as Who's telling the Truth.
The IBT, TDU, & UPS all have their own propaganda.
And sometimes it can be hard to decipher the information truthfully.

For those teamsters that dont vote, or just vote yes becuz the company and the union say its a "great T.A." I say this. In a lifetime of a teamster you only have a handfull of contracts in your career you vote on. So if you are that lazy and have an attitude of "my vote dont really mean much" you are dead wrong. Every vote counts. Every brother or sister should take 2hours out of a five year calendar to read and look over the proposed deal . Or talk amoung your fellow teamsters, becuz you might be surprised what you might have looked past a important peice of the deal. This only happens once every five years, so please vote and when you vote, just dont think about what YOU will gain, think about what is best for the TEAM, that is what. BEING A TEAMSTER IS ALL ABOUT. LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER, THIS IS THE IBT, NOT THE IBM (M for MEASTER).

For those teamsters that dont vote, or just vote yes becuz the company and the union say its a "great T.A." I say this. In a lifetime of a teamster you only have a handfull of contracts in your career you vote on. So if you are that lazy and have an attitude of "my vote dont really mean much" you are dead wrong. Every vote counts. Every brother or sister should take 2hours out of a five year calendar to read and look over the proposed deal . Or talk amoung your fellow teamsters, becuz you might be surprised what you might have looked past a important peice of the deal. This only happens once every five years, so please vote and when you vote, just dont think about what YOU will gain, think about what is best for the TEAM, that is what. BEING A TEAMSTER IS ALL ABOUT. LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER, THIS IS THE IBT, NOT THE IBM (M for MEASTER).

At this point a no vote will not matter, being that the IBT can force the agreement on us because of the lack of will to strike.

Yes they can. If they hold a strike vote and it is rejected(which it will be), then the executive board can choose to accept the agreement per the IBT constitution.

And if this happens, then im either quiting and am guna try n get a road job with odfl, or if i do stay , i. Will not be giving any "dues" to the ibt anymore. This is a sham and the ibt dont have our best interest at heart. We are the 4th largest LTL oytfit in the market,( BEHIND FRED, CONWAY, YRC.) Do me a favor when you are running on the interstate, look around, and you will see for everyone of our doubles you will see ten of the top 3's doubles. It is a sham. I ubderstand why ups brang in alot of outside carriers in 09-12, becuz of the economy tanking and fred and conway slashing rates to try n fold yrc, i get that. But with that said times are alot better, hell the theives on wall st are at a record high 16000!!!!!. That number has never been reached, interst rates on homes are going up, trucking outfits are making a decent profit, so why the hell is ups doing this to us now???? Simple, becuz they are corprate america, and its all about the bottom line $$$$$$$$$$. And once u give them something its hard as hell to get it back.

Yes they can. If they hold a strike vote and it is rejected(which it will be), then the executive board can choose to accept the agreement per the IBT constitution.

And what makes you think we the members don't have the fortitude to authorize a strike?????

Sounds to me like you have already given up, Don't worry some of us are still fighting the good fight!!,........

My voice will be heard throughout the southeast. I hate to bash my fellow southern brothers but alot of them dont care for the union and just like to reap the rewards.

And what makes you think we the members don't have the fortitude to authorize a strike?????

Sounds to me like you have already given up, Don't worry some of us are still fighting the good fight!!,........

You can choose to think or believe any thing you wish. There will never be a 50% support for a strike.

I would say you are correct on that one, all it would take is management having one of their pcm meetings telling everyone that "UPS will shut us down if you strike and scare the majority into accepting anything they send their way, but I hope we are both wrong.
You can choose to think or believe any thing you wish. There will never be a 50% support for a strike.

I would say you are correct on that one, all it would take is management having one of their pcm meetings telling everyone that "UPS will shut us down if you strike and scare the majority into accepting anything they send their way, but I hope we are both wrong.

I already had a stupidvisor tell me that. I offered to get the lights, buy the lock and chain, and secure the fence. Told him point blank..."I'm a PROFESSIONAL driver with 30 years accident free over 3.5 million miles. Do you think I'm not qualified for another driving job? Him on the other hand, working with such crappy management was able to shut down the fourth largest LTL operation in just 7 years thru incompetence, stupidity, and arrogance. That's not exactly a resume enhancer." He asked why I'm such an a'hole and I told him I'm not really an a'hole, just truthful. But I told him not to worry, they make paper hats in all sizes in the food service industry for people with heads as big as his. He'll be fine. He just walked away mumbling something, as if I cared....

I already had a stupidvisor tell me that. I offered to get the lights, buy the lock and chain, and secure the fence. Told him point blank..."I'm a PROFESSIONAL driver with 30 years accident free over 3.5 million miles. Do you think I'm not qualified for another driving job? Him on the other hand, working with such crappy management was able to shut down the fourth largest LTL operation in just 7 years thru incompetence, stupidity, and arrogance. That's not exactly a resume enhancer." He asked why I'm such an a'hole and I told him I'm not really an a'hole, just truthful. But I told him not to worry, they make paper hats in all sizes in the food service industry for people with heads as big as his. He'll be fine. He just walked away mumbling something, as if I cared....

You are in the minority. Most know they are in a high paying job and aren't going to risk it.

There will be no strike or lockout. The next contract that is presented to us will be the final offer and will be the one we have to live with, weather or not you can accept that fact is up to you.