XPO | Is anyone who comes to this site a happy Conway employee?

Conway Lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
I find it odd that all I read for the most part is people are so unhappy here at Conway. If I hated working here as much as a lot of you do, I would seek employment elsewhere. I like where I work and I like the employees I work with. Sure there are things that go on that seem odd but in general, I think we are a great company, with great employees. NO trucking company is perfect. I talk to drivers from all the LTL companies and the problems we have , they have too. I have been here forever it seems and I still like my job, still like driving and am lucky that I get to do something I like. Enjoy your weekend, be safe, and have a great week at work.

I love my job. I have bounced around a lot. Know what I have. I won't leave until they make me. That don't mean I turn a blind eye to what needs fixed or could be better. We all need to have the courage to speak up. Participate in your teams. I get a lot of ideas off of here. Some good. Some bad. Sharing is caring. We are all trying to move forward.

I'm OK if not "happy". I am amused, however, at how many "ex" and "never been" employees post opinions here.

Some us just like to ***** a little bout the Crap we don't like it don't mean we ain't Happy we are Happy but its like anything even your Wife there's things ya like to ***** about her like her Boobs are too small or they too damned Bigg or she won't shut the hell up !! sometimes its just a relieve to come here to vent about the stupid **** we see everyday or to get a laugh So get to Bitching and Enjoy yourself Crack open a beer sometimes this is better than Days Of our lifes **** there's a novel Idea The life and drama of a trucker !!

I find it odd that all I read for the most part is people are so unhappy here at Conway. If I hated working here as much as a lot of you do, I would seek employment elsewhere. I like where I work and I like the employees I work with. Sure there are things that go on that seem odd but in general, I think we are a great company, with great employees. NO trucking company is perfect. I talk to drivers from all the LTL companies and the problems we have , they have too. I have been here forever it seems and I still like my job, still like driving and am lucky that I get to do something I like. Enjoy your weekend, be safe, and have a great week at work.
do not hate my job... I enjoy driving, it is just the broken promises and now; all the micro managing, the untrust in my ability as a driver. 28 years here and 39 in the industry and now I have people that have less tham 3 years in the industry with accidents and injuries showing and instructing me on how to load trailers and how to be a defensive driver.. 38years without an accident has nothing to do with my ability to perform my duties so yes..... I am just here for the paycheck until I can figure out what to do about health insurance because that was taken away too. That being said , Let's all just truck untill we drop.

do you have to be happy to work here? for what they have done to me, i am still doing my job and just looking for the end.

I love my job. I have bounced around a lot. Know what I have. I won't leave until they make me. That don't mean I turn a blind eye to what needs fixed or could be better. We all need to have the courage to speak up. Participate in your teams. I get a lot of ideas off of here. Some good. Some bad. Sharing is caring. We are all trying to move forward.

I think there's a lot of truth to what he's saying here. It's my opinion that forums of any kind generally lend themselves to a lot of sour grapes because the people participating are mostly just screen names. I tend to agree with the above. I like my job and I have it pretty easy but I've eaten plenty of crap sandwiches to get here.

One of the things I like about my current place is that the other drivers are generally happy people away from work with varied interests. I'm a happy person in general and really enjoy all the things I do away from here - I like that I can bid for a year based off what will work best for me when I'm not here whether that's more money or less hours for that year.

IMO, a lot of what you see here is just venting that's worded poorly. I suppose some of it does come from generally negative people that would complain that the solid gold truck they just got is too heavy. A lot of what is brought up here is totally valid though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally Agree with you a lot of us just would like the Return of The Company we Started Working For many years Ago Unfortunately that's Gone !!!

I think there's a lot of truth to what he's saying here. It's my opinion that forums of any kind generally lend themselves to a lot of sour grapes because the people participating are mostly just screen names. I tend to agree with the above. I like my job and I have it pretty easy but I've eaten plenty of crap sandwiches to get here.

One of the things I like about my current place is that the other drivers are generally happy people away from work with varied interests. I'm a happy person in general and really enjoy all the things I do away from here - I like that I can bid for a year based off what will work best for me when I'm not here whether that's more money or less hours for that year.

IMO, a lot of what you see here is just venting that's worded poorly. I suppose some of it does come from generally negative people that would complain that the solid gold truck they just got is too heavy. A lot of what is brought up here is totally valid though...

I'm an ex Conway driver/dockworker from LDA.if all Conway terminals are like LDA I could understand the turnover.It was ok for the time that I was there.i got tired of covering my arse all the time.My peers were cool people to work with for the most part.Except for the snitches.There was a lot of good ol boy things going on that I disliked.

I don't work for Conway.Im reasonably sure there isn't anyone too happy in the LTL industry.Speaking from the driver/labor standpoint

I like my job and the people. But sometimes decisions made by are leaders make it hard. We bust are behinds for this company and we get no appreciation. Only one raise since 2007. Don't take food out of my familys mouth. It is not easy on anyone these days. Maybe when the election is over it may get better.

If you guys aren't happy at your current location then transfer to ltu (tulsa ok) .... Then you will see what happy really is at con-job , we have sex offenders, drunks, felons , green horns and supervisors that didn't even know what the freight industry was until they found a management position on the Internet . Also the turn over ratio is about 90 % on all new hires , this place is a revolving door and to top it off we have the ' rat pack' ... Teenagers that walk around with there colorful vest on barking orders and squealing on every full time employee that steps in the wrong direction!! If anyone is interested then come on down ... Conway tulsa is all ways looking for help !

I don't think most if any of these LTL companies can find good qualified people anymore.Felons.DUI

Nope ... A good freight man is hard to come by these days, Conway wants to grow there own superstars in there truck driving schools , and from what I see its not working out to well !

Bigtruk_us I noticed that you worked at lda for Conway , that place is a mad house and very dangerous... the drivers fly around that yard like Indy drivers .. Also it really surprises me that someone hasn't been killed on the dock, they drive the forklifts like a bunch of maniacs !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigtruk_us I noticed that you worked at lda for Conway , that place is a mad house and very dangerous... the drivers fly around that yard like Indy drivers .. Also it really surprises me that someone hasn't been killed on the dock, they drive the forklifts like a bunch of maniacs !!

It already happened. Several years ago, a forklift operator ran off the dock and got killed.