Estes | Is Estes going out of business?

why would they go out while spending 10's of millions remodeling terminals and still hireing drivers, dock and mechanics ?

they own everything outright, why sell or close when you could cut back if it was that bad ?

Ben hearing alot of chatter that you guys are going out. Any truth to this?

Where is the chatter coming from? Estes had every oportunity to sell to UPS, Fed Ex, and so on, when they came knocking years ago... Then again, before fuel prices went up. I absolutely could see him saying "screw it", but not shut it down.. I would have to think there are buyers out there, to write him a check, instead of a guy sitting in his living room, with thousands of pieces of equipment to get rid of, in the current state of transportation. Who would buy this equipment, without business that would come with it? Who is standing in line to buy Jevic paper weights right now?
When your company gets sold to an investment firm... RUN! (SKYWAY) Trucking companies losing or making money, are always a nice loss for a write off!

Its been my experience with the last three cos. that I have worked for that b/4 they get ready to close they fix the terminal up, buy new equip, hire and then it's amatter of time b/4 they hit the dirt.

When ever rumors start there is usually an element of truth behind it, check Estes O/R it should tell you something.

So trucking companies that aren't operating great, are adding drivers, buying equipment, and improving their terminals are the one's in trouble?

I'd better shift my stock to the railroads.:hysterical:

Would'nt fix up yuor house to make it look
good b/4 u sell it? I can see you have not been around a long time.

In all honesty I hope alls ok at Estes.

Been around plenty....have closed doors, too. There's a difference between fixing up and opening a whole new region. We don't have shareholders to flummox. There always has been talk of shutting down and getting bought by UPS, DHL, etc at just about every company. Getting wrapped up in this nonsense takes our eyes off the ball and can create a self fulfilling prophecy.

Positivity is all we have.

Deke out.

Its been my experience with the last three cos. that I have worked for that b/4 they get ready to close they fix the terminal up, buy new equip, hire and then it's amatter of time b/4 they hit the dirt.

When ever rumors start there is usually an element of truth behind it, check Estes O/R it should tell you something.

Estes is a privately held company. They can report whatever they want to whoever they want with O/R --- on time service etc. They wont go out of business .. but they WILL LOSE customers if they dont get those fenced loads moving. GOOD LUCK IN MINNESOTA HI WAYNE DID YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT TO THE NORTH STAR ? LEAVE A VAPOR TRAIL OF HAPPINESS ?? :biglaugh:

We CAN'T be going out of business.. They just put in a new soap dispenser in the men's room! :chairshot:

great i won't show up tomarrow. better get my app's out:biglaugh::hide::1036316054: if it happens we will figure it out. i think selling out or going public would be a better option. but i've seen stranger things happen:hysterical:

Yeah, we opened several terminals in the upper midwest so we'd have more real estate to sell used tractors and trailers.......jeez.:1036316054:

Yeah! No kidding! You all sure in the hell have alot of old tractors just sitting. Those old International day cabs. Why don't they sell those things or something. I pass you alls McCook-Summit terminal all the time....I think I even seen a few brand new ones that don't even have the ferrings built on top yet! What's up with that!?

Yeah! No kidding! You all sure in the hell have a lot of old tractors just sitting. Those old International day cabs. Why don't they sell those things or something. I pass you all's McCook-Summit terminal all the time....I think I even seen a few brand new ones that don't even have the fairings built on top yet! What's up with that!?

What Estes usally does is sell them to trucking companies in Mexico after they have so many miles on them,but,with the new NAFTA rules allowing Mexican trucks to come into the US the Mexican truck companies know full well that the ESTES trucks wont pass inspection at the US boarder.SO Estes is just going to keep them and give them to our guys as loaners.

they get better after time. the longer they sit the better they preform

When all the wildlife chews the factory installed wires out.. I think it actually saves us from having to tear them out. Now all the shop guys have to do is rewire. Heaven forbid we give a guy that's got 10+ years in a nice new truck.

So trucking companies that aren't operating great, are adding drivers, buying equipment, and improving their terminals are the one's in trouble?

I'd better shift my stock to the railroads.:hysterical:

If I were a betting man in the future rail will be the leading freight movers in this country. When I ran Extra and got in early I'd ask to run the rail and got 2-4 hours every time. BNSF,..yea. Got to go call my broker. Dave

If I were a betting man in the future rail will be the leading freight movers in this country. When I ran Extra and got in early I'd ask to run the rail and got 2-4 hours every time. BNSF,..yea. Got to go call my broker. Dave
In all seriousness, you're onto the right "track" here. Their advertising alone on what they use for fuel against what trucks use for fuel per ton mile have made a significant dent in the trucking industry during these times of fuel surcharges, etc.

That's why I made the "switch" to put my hands on the controls of an engine instead of the wheel of a truck.

For those of you serious about a change in careers and have a clean, top notch record, look into becoming an engineer. Not easy, but also not as hard as you may think.