Yellow | IS FREIGHT SLOW?

Look at my avatar! This was taken last Thursday... a set of loaded pups being pulled by Schnieder... and yes I sent it to my business agent who is following up on this.
LETS KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THIS BECAUSE IT'S CONTRACT TIME AGAIN!
Schneider is buying us after we vote no and go bankrupt why do you think Welch was hired is now on their Board of Directors?

Freight isn't slow. Good decisions and doing the right thing are in a depression status at the moment but who knows, good things have come from worse situations.

Freight isn't slow. Good decisions and doing the right thing are in a depression status at the moment but who knows, good things have come from worse situations.
Freight is slow here. Been slow for awhile. Has been really light the past two.weeks. Wait on paperwork longer than actually working on moving freight.
(which is boring)
What's worse than working at YRC?
Being at YRC with no work!
:17142:

Read the 3rd quarter earnings call. Turning down profitable business. Get ready for a rough ride in April!

Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. YRCW, -1.39% plummeted 25% in afternoon trade, to pace the Nasdaq exchange's decliners, after the trucking company reported a bid third-quarter earnings miss, even though revenue top expectations. Net income was $15.1 million, or 9 cents a share, compared with $5.5 million, or 9 cents a share, in the same period a year ago. According to FactSet, adjusted earnings per share of 15 cents missed the average analyst estimate of 57 cents. Revenue rose to $1.30 billion from $1.25 billion, topping the FactSet consensus of $1.29 billion. The company explained in the post-earnings conference call that it was forced to turn away profitable business, given one of the most competitive driver hiring environments and fleet maintenance issues. The company also said it had to make unfavorable adjustments on third-party claims, and costs for third-party customer specific logistics increased.

Read the 3rd quarter earnings call. Turning down profitable business. Get ready for a rough ride in April!

Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. YRCW, -1.39% plummeted 25% in afternoon trade, to pace the Nasdaq exchange's decliners, after the trucking company reported a bid third-quarter earnings miss, even though revenue top expectations. Net income was $15.1 million, or 9 cents a share, compared with $5.5 million, or 9 cents a share, in the same period a year ago. According to FactSet, adjusted earnings per share of 15 cents missed the average analyst estimate of 57 cents. Revenue rose to $1.30 billion from $1.25 billion, topping the FactSet consensus of $1.29 billion. The company explained in the post-earnings conference call that it was forced to turn away profitable business, given one of the most competitive driver hiring environments and fleet maintenance issues. The company also said it had to make unfavorable adjustments on third-party claims, and costs for third-party customer specific logistics increased.

Realizing our inability to attract drivers, we’ll just fade away.

That sums it up. They can't hire anyone because they don't pay enough. I wonder how they could fix that? Maybe hire more retirement age workers already drawing social security and retirement? That might work. I'm sure they would all be YES voters come contract time as they have no sense of brotherhood anymore and only look out for themselves.

That sums it up. They can't hire anyone because they don't pay enough. I wonder how they could fix that? Maybe hire more retirement age workers already drawing social security and retirement? That might work. I'm sure they would all be YES voters come contract time as they have no sense of brotherhood anymore and only look out for themselves.

From what I see retired guys come back and work as casuals. This means they are moving freight that otherwise would sit because there aren't enough seniority men available. This way YRC is servicing the customer who after all is the one paying the bills. Furthermore, those guys (casuals) don't have seniority so they have no vote in the upcoming contract negotiations. You really need to do some homework before posting nonsense.

From what I see retired guys come back and work as casuals. This means they are moving freight that otherwise would sit because there aren't enough seniority men available. This way YRC is servicing the customer who after all is the one paying the bills. Furthermore, those guys (casuals) don't have seniority so they have no vote in the upcoming contract negotiations. You really need to do some homework before posting nonsense.
Your reading comprehension obviously matches your IQ. I said retirement age, not retired. You can work full time and draw retirement.

Strike a nerve or did it just hit too close to home?

Last edited: