Yellow | IS FREIGHT SLOW?

Look at my avatar! This was taken last Thursday... a set of loaded pups being pulled by Schnieder... and yes I sent it to my business agent who is following up on this.
LETS KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THIS BECAUSE IT'S CONTRACT TIME AGAIN!
Whats he gonna do? Its allowed in the contract!!

Problem is you will never see what you want to see. YRC can not afford to pay full rate along with the union benefits and be competitive with the other carriers. I'm not trying to be a gerk I'm just being honest. Look back at all the good union companys that have went out of business, all were for the same reason. The giveback will never be given back to the members without giving something else up. Strike or not . There are not enough members contributing to have the kind of bargaining power you need. Times have changed, you need to stop operating like a union carrier if you want to survive.

Problem is you will never see what you want to see. YRC can not afford to pay full rate along with the union benefits and be competitive with the other carriers. I'm not trying to be a gerk I'm just being honest. Look back at all the good union companys that have went out of business, all were for the same reason. The giveback will never be given back to the members without giving something else up. Strike or not . There are not enough members contributing to have the kind of bargaining power you need. Times have changed, you need to stop operating like a union carrier if you want to survive.
PAY THE RATE OR LOCK THE GATE!

PAY THE RATE OR LOCK THE GATE!
Brother, start looking around. Get out ahead of it if you think it’s going to fold. That’s what I did. It’s a very gut wrenching decision to make, but if you can grab a hold and do it, it’ll pay off in time. I walked with 24, and believe me, it was one of the toughest decisions I made , but you just have to focus on the time you got left ( I’m Central States, so you know how difficult my decision was) and make a move. There’s life out there in the Teamster system, just due your due diligence. Good luck to y’all. I sincerely hope y’all make it...

Brother, start looking around. Get out ahead of it if you think it’s going to fold. That’s what I did. It’s a very gut wrenching decision to make, but if you can grab a hold and do it, it’ll pay off in time. I walked with 24, and believe me, it was one of the toughest decisions I made , but you just have to focus on the time you got left ( I’m Central States, so you know how difficult my decision was) and make a move. There’s life out there in the Teamster system, just due your due diligence. Good luck to y’all. I sincerely hope y’all make it...
The nons paying more upfront helped out with that if the union jobs started at 30 bucks there would be no openings like years ago when you needed an inside guy

You and the investors can sit in a circle and chant this as the driver head count goes down, down, down.

what gets me is that the analysts dont ask why you cant recruit more help make hawkins squirm with real questions. the company is a zombie. too much broken freight, not delivered or picked up on time, no help and no future here with the pensions like central states on course for bankruptcy why work here except for the health care ? why work 60 or 70 hours a week ? Our barn lets you work as many hours as you want and no one says a peep. maybe if we just did 10 hours a day instead of 14 or 16 they would get the message ?

In this deregulated environment where price/cost is most often the determining factor, there is not enough pie to share.

Cross country shipping is outdated and inefficient. Regional, if not local acquisition of goods is much more responsible. In the case of certain products, there are exceptions.

Making transportation costs cheap leads to greater costs for infrastructure development and maintenance. Local businesses would increase and allow better service if transportation costs were ‘full’ tariff.

To provide perspective, the cost to send a half ounce letter via pony express in 1861 was $1.

In this deregulated environment where price/cost is most often the determining factor, there is not enough pie to share.

Cross country shipping is outdated and inefficient. Regional, if not local acquisition of goods is much more responsible. In the case of certain products, there are exceptions.

Making transportation costs cheap leads to greater costs for infrastructure development and maintenance. Local businesses would increase and allow better service if transportation costs were ‘full’ tariff.

To provide perspective, the cost to send a half ounce letter via pony express in 1861 was $1.

And oats for my horse came out of that dollar also.

211-Akron cancelled the new bids and is recalling 5 dockworkers they just laid off. Rumor is they're getting ready for that extra freight they'll be getting because of the UPS Freight strike!
:bananapartyhat:

They’ll give you back your 15%.Youll start right back we’re you left off 10 years ago.