is frito-lay a good job?

triune

TB Lurker
Credits
Sometimes I see openings for driver position. Is frito-lay a good job? I live in so cal, how much are the drivers getting pay? Benefits? Work schedule? Thanks

In Topeka Kansas Yes it is. I'm not sure what that traffic center has to offer as far as runs. It is a lot of unloading (paid well) it's also a lot of hard work. But it's worth it. Apply and see what they say. Good luck. This I hope is the last job I will have. Love it here
www.fritolayemployment.com

If I could've gotten on at a traffic center I would've went to Frito Lay. But I would've worked out of a small warehouse and would've had a small radius to cover.

I'm hoping Frito Lay is a good job also. I go tomorrow for an interview. My driving career has taken me from 4 yrs at Friedman's Exp, to 17 1/2 yrs at New Penn , and now 3 yrs at an oilfield Heavy Haul company. I'm here to tell you that the most rewarding and skill building trucking job I've had has been the Heavy Haul, rig moving one. I made 93K last year, and moving the rigs is just flat out manly man kind of work. I love it! There's only one problem..... it absolutely consumes your life. I was doing over 150 hrs in any given 2 week period. essentially putting a month's worth of hours into two weeks. I've had enough. So it appears....Frito Lay, here I come! But that comes with some drawbacks also, mainly $$$. And playing the long suffering seniority climb. I'll be getting on at the Williamsport, PA facility.

Well the interview went great. They're proceeding with background check, etc. I liked the thorough explanation of the operation and benefits. Definitely looking forward to driving for Frito Lay.

Thats great RBH, are they Teamsters in PA? I mean you have 17.5 yrs with NP and all, be nice to get your time in, if thats the way it works, we have a company pension, or did, IDK, I will have to work till I fall over so for me the point is mute.

Congrats, talk to Matt, he is dyed in the wool Frito Lay, he can give you tons of information.

Well you can see 93+ at Frito and not sure what ziper issues are besides getting banned if he keeps it up.
Frito is a awesome job for sure way better than any LTL job. Unless your a fat lazy turd and can't do physical work anymore

Lol Matt, fat lazy turd? I'm actually thinking about going back to Estes on a linehaul run. Or hauling precast cement with a flatbed company

That's what typically keeps people away from jobs the require labor. May not be in your case but thats why people complain about working

I had 21.5 yrs in Central PA Teamsters between FXI and New Penn. My pension there is fully vested and I check on it every month. I left New Penn (Reading) because I was disgusted with the YRC implosion. For them making decisions which everyone else had to pay for (wage concessions/vacation loss/pension payments not made and severely reduced forever). So I left using the leave of absence policy. Moved my family home to Lycoming County and went into the gasfield heavy haul industry. Now I'm ready to settle into a decent job I can put 12-15 yrs into and retire. And no, Frito is not represented at the Wmspt terminal. Not sure of any that are?

No I don't think so. They have a great pension plus 401k match. Very good pension. 10 years and your fully vested

I had 21.5 yrs in Central PA Teamsters between FXI and New Penn. My pension there is fully vested and I check on it every month. I left New Penn (Reading) because I was disgusted with the YRC implosion. For them making decisions which everyone else had to pay for (wage concessions/vacation loss/pension payments not made and severely reduced forever). So I left using the leave of absence policy. Moved my family home to Lycoming County and went into the gasfield heavy haul industry. Now I'm ready to settle into a decent job I can put 12-15 yrs into and retire. And no, Frito is not represented at the Wmspt terminal. Not sure of any that are?

I'm glad for you, I'm sure you will be quite happy at FL, as for them being union I don't know either, I was told Dallas was but IDK for sure, don't really matter, you got your time in and your getting with a fantastic outfit, if we had a traffic center here I would do bad things on the trans mgrs desk and walk out with my middle finger in the air! (from sysco)

With your experience they will be all over you I'm sure.

Thanks for the kind words, Grocerythrower. I take pride in looking back at my driving career. I really felt I'd retire New Penn green. Like I mentioned already, YRC took my heart out. Go to New Penn's website. Last time I did, they needed drivers EVERWHERE! Nobody wants to work there. Anyway, yeah it feels good going for a driving job at such a highly regarded place as FL, and be seemingly welcomed in and treated with respect both for my longevity at New Penn as well as my overall career. During my interview, the traffic manager thought it was funny asking me about my thoughts on pulling a 40,000 lb load of salsa as he acknowledged me regularly hauling oilfield buildings and drilling rig components weighing as much as 200,000 lbs. That's one of the things I'll miss. Handling such loads with a 500 hp KW oilfield rig. 18 speed gearbox just getting after it! Man, that's truckin!

Rambighorn, I'm glad you got on at Frito lay. I to wish I could've gotten on at a traffic center but at the same time being a single dad I don't want to work weekends and holidays. Good luck. I hope Frito works out great for you.