is frito-lay a good job?

Well you can see 93+ at Frito and not sure what ziper issues are besides getting banned if he keeps it up.
Frito is a awesomec job for sure way better than any LTL job. Unless your a fat lazy turd and can't do physical work anymore
fat turd,yeah that's a good one cooter' yuk, yuk,my issue when you talk about unionized LTL of any kind something you nothing about now,or years ago when I worked around you.so stick to chips corn chip cowboy over and out.

I was for the teamsters in Kansas City. I also voted yes for representation in Kansas City.
I was against the house calls that's all.

Hey now! Make room in the sandbox. Just an update on hiring status... went to meet with plant manager yesterday and then signed job offer form. Which set in motion the Lexus/Nexus background check. In a couple days will get the go ahead to do the drug test and also give notice to current employer. So I'll be tater chip hauling in 2 weeks or so.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Welp Frito Lay called me today after a few weeks applying. I was busy working and couldn't answer. He left a message telling me to call back about the position I applied for. I called back and left 2 voicemails. So looks like we're playing phone tag for now. But I'm pretty excited they even called me to begin with! Hoping for the best. It will be a dream to get this job.

Good luck JRut.

I'm glad good things are happening to everyone else except me lol. Hopefully I'll find a job I'll like and won't be lied to.

Good luck JRut.

I'm glad good things are happening to everyone else except me lol. Hopefully I'll find a job I'll like and won't be lied to.

Thanks and good luck to you as well. Yeah it's tough out here in these streets.. and definitely hard to find a good job nowadays with all the greed the companies have.

Frito called me back today. I'll try my best to share what he explained. A lot of it I already knew just from reading these threads. But basically the traffic center I applied to has hiring sessions where they bring in 10 or 15 guys, have a meeting and give out all the info on the job etc.. interview them, and if they feel they are qualified they start the hiring process that day.. which will take a couple of months total. Said the job is about 50% driving and 50% unloading and very physical. He said they are looking to hire about 40 or 50 more drivers due to new runs or something like that.. It has to do with them getting a lot more store deliveries. Currently the store deliveries make up about 30% of what the drivers do. On these You will have about 8 stops per overnight route. Rolling carts in to wal mart, picking up empty carts, leaving the paperwork for the reciever when they get there. Each stop takes 12 minutes to unload (so they said).

The other part is delivering strictly to other warehouses and bins, and unloading dead stacks in the warehouse. He didn't give me any numbers for the pay yet, but I know it's good. He explained the bidding system something like this.. There are bids every 24 hours and even the new guys bid. Of course the best bids/runs go to the senior drivers. So if the newer guys don't get a bid, then they are just assigned a route instead. It takes about 2 years to start getting some good senority. No set schedule, except for about 10 or 15 of the top drivers get bids where you have set runs for a couple months at a time. So every week they would pretty much know what time they come in and get off, where they're going, etc.. But even then it's not set in stone. You might have a start time at midnight, or at 2 pm (or any other random time)..just depends on the run.

Home everyday. Except about 10% of the runs are 1 day layovers say if you go to New Orleans, or Topeka or someplace like that. But those always go to the senior guys because they pay more. The way he explained it I got the impression you will always have work whether you get a bid or not. You're never really just sitting at home with no work. All in all, I like what he told me. Even though it's a lot of work, and yeah you will be by the phone alot waiting for the call to come in, you are still home everyday..yes at different times of the day, but home everyday, and making good money! I think I can deal with that!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the GES stuff we bid every 4 to 6 months and its called a lock run. I have been here right at a year and have set work days. It can happen.
That 2 year stuff is for the core side.
2 years and you are what is called a bid driver and you can pick your runs everyday then.
Until now you extra board

We don't have all our runs home everyday out of Topeka because of our huge radius we run.

Also there is a 375 $ guarantee pay. If they don't call or work you then you draw guarantee pay.

Whoa that's alot of money. Screw this. I'm moving to a city with a Frito lay traffic center

That's what I'm doing. I'll be moving 3 1/2 hours south if they hire me. Tired of these low paying jobs so I think it's about time I go where the money is!

That's what I'm doing. I'll be moving 3 1/2 hours south if they hire me. Tired of these low paying jobs so I think it's about time I go where the money is!

You don't want to work that hard everyday. Trust me

Holy crap! The hiring process is at glacial speed. 2.5 weeks ago was the interview and I'm still waiting for them to give me a start date. I was "hired" pending background check, drug screen etc. I was emailed by the 3rd party doing the background stuff after nearly 2 weeks asking for my signature authorization for previous employer inquiry. I'm left wondering why that wasn't part of the application process from the get-go? At any rate, I was wondering about if there is an orientation period after I get a start date? Will they send me on any runs with another driver?

Holy crap! The hiring process is at glacial speed. 2.5 weeks ago was the interview and I'm still waiting for them to give me a start date. I was "hired" pending background check, drug screen etc. I was emailed by the 3rd party doing the background stuff after nearly 2 weeks asking for my signature authorization for previous employer inquiry. I'm left wondering why that wasn't part of the application process from the get-go? At any rate, I was wondering about if there is an orientation period after I get a start date? Will they send me on any runs with another driver?

They say it will take about 2 months to actually get started. As far as orientation, in Texas, orientation is 4 weeks. And usually you will be with a different driver each of those weeks. Then you're on your own.