is frito-lay a good job?

Yeah we have mostly PEC now and just a few bins left. They are converting them all to PEC's left and right. We just had 2 big DC's converted and that gave us almost 30 new routes. Hiring tons of new drivers to cover this stuff. We're at around 80 drivers now but they want to have atleast 100 before they stop hiring.

That's good Jrut. I had a offer last year for frito lay but I turned it down. I kinda regret it now

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm glad I made the move when I did. They have been running us to death lately. I complain about them running my ass off but when I see the paychecks every week it kind of eases the pain . Plus too much work is a good thing right? So I try to keep my complaints to a minimum. Lol. Btw been averaging 1500-1800$ gross every week sometimes more. So overall I'd say if anyone has the opportunity to get on here then jump on it ! The whole not having a schedule or a life thing is starting to go away since we are getting more block bids. Where you can bid on a run and have it for 4 or 6 months at a time. You know exactly what your off days are. But it won't be always like that especially when you're new. But overall you can have some form of a life. And it's a pretty good deal.

The job offer I had wasn't like what you do. I was gonna run out of a little distribution center. They only did like 4 little depots and would drop carts off at the grocery stores. They didn't even go over a hundred miles away. The farthest they went was a hr away. It was all hourly to

Oh that might have been smart then since they are trying to phase out most of the DC's now. I used to see one of those guys picking up carts at a wal mart I used to go to at Dr. Pepper. You're not in oklahoma are you?

Oh that might have been smart then since they are trying to phase out most of the DC's now. I used to see one of those guys picking up carts at a wal mart I used to go to at Dr. Pepper. You're not in oklahoma are you?

I'm in OK, I applied and turned down the interview after talking to a trans man out of OKC, not much potential for pay, runs, the man told me 40k to be real, maybe more, he was a stand up guy and told me what to expect and pulled no BS, because of that experience if I was near a traffic center I would work there in a heart beat.

I agree GT. I think I would've made more then 40k because it was hourly but idk the hourly rate.

I agree GT. I think I would've made more then 40k because it was hourly but idk the hourly rate.

Ours was component pay, there just wasn't enough work the way I figured, for what I was applying for. They are a wonderful company, no doubt about that, I'm getting to old to pay dues at the bottom, I'm gonna stay where I'm at.

I'm getting old to. I sure feel like it some days. Steel isn't much easier. I did 26 stops yesterday.

I'm getting old to. I sure feel like it some days. Steel isn't much easier. I did 26 stops yesterday.

Dang, that seems like alot for flatbed LTL work, that must have sucked moving chains and straps like that all day, I saw a steel pipe and supply truck doing LTL one morning and he just layed the chain over the material, I guess to make it look like it was chained, I guess you learn the tricks after a while.

I always tighten up my straps. It does suck. And stressful. The loads are bad.

I always tighten up my straps. It does suck. And stressful. The loads are bad.

I gotta ask, because I don't know, but whats bad about your loads, the placement of the material in relation to the stop?

Got any new pics of Jackson? I want to show the girls.

I'll text you a pic. There not safe. They load em and you can't secure it properly especially when they stack it. There suppose to throw straps over the bottom layer before they stack it and they donw

I'll text you a pic. There not safe. They load em and you can't secure it properly especially when they stack it. There suppose to throw straps over the bottom layer before they stack it and they donw

I understand now, I have seen loads like that, I always wanted to pull a flatbed so I look at them cuz I'm interested, I see stacked loads strapped sometimes in 3 layers, you know, you could refuse the load and make them re-load it...when your trans mgr gripes, show him the standards in the fmcsa handbook. Its in there in black and white, I don't have mine handy or I would give you article and paragraph.

They don't care. No one else's complains about em so nothing will change. They talked before about it things changed for a week I was told then it went back to the way they were. Also they would tell me to reload it. Its Stressful but on a good note I get my brand spanking new truck in a week