SEFL | Is it Possible?

will someone explain to me the logic of starving all your drivers instead of laying off some of them. it makes absolutely no sense to me. don't get me wrong i hate to see anyone laid off. one of them could be me. but it will take years for us to recover. some guys will loose their houses, cash in their 401's, leaving them no retirement. borrow on credit cards to buy food. how do they believe that any of us have the resources to survive many more months of reduced hours. we do not make a lot of money to have that kind of savings, unlike management.

at my barn, we could work every driver we have, but they refuse to do so, they are combining routes. and working us to death, while others are at home. it seems like they are watching the hours we get close now. b/c you make work 3, 12 hr days, but on the forth you may only work 6. we hired 4 newbies back in the summer, these guys are getting 45-50 hrs a week. i'm thinking they are giving them more hours b/c they can pay them less. i'm willing to bet if we were to have a layoff, the senior drivers wld be first instead of the newbies.

Hey MJ I would like to see this Employee Handbook who showed it to you? I have been here quite a while and havent seen it.

I'm happy to see all the cost cutting measures Tobin is making in our company. The biggest one that suprised me was the QWQ momentos cut, i mean $200,000+ for a bunch of cheap toys is crazy where most guys give them away anyways, the only thing worth keeping are the gloves. There was only one more cost cutting measure I would employ, and that is letting go all our part timers especially the dock associates!!!! Here at my service center, we have lots of drivers whom would like to work the dock in the evening for outbound but we are not allowed too, this is ridiculous especially most of time our closeout time is late!!!!or come in early and help inbound load city loads...
I'm not to surprised we didn't get the raise, and it is about time that it is across the board including all hourly and salary employees!!! I'm just glad we are still working and to all the guys out there struggling, maybe its time to get a part time job or use your off day to find a something better...

Here in RAL we are workingf 4 days a week. Average around 45 hours a week. We have had quite a few drivers out for surgeries so i do not know what will come when those couple of guys come back. Also someone commented on this thread that SEFL has a no lay-off policy, and we do not have that policy. Th Cassells do not want to lay-off but i have my hand book and do not see anything about it. I hope everything works out for the best because i TRULLY do like working for this company. I can stick with a company through the hard times becuase i honestly think that they are trying there best to keep us working. Just think the more trucks they have setting still the Cassells are not making as much so i am sure that they are pushing everyone to do as much as they can to get as much work as they can.

drivers in atl have been on a 4 day week for 2 years, and they still hire drivers when they cant keep the ones they allready have working