ODFL | Is it slow???

kbigdog

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems to have slowed down a little. Worked 6 hrs today. Im not complaining , Ive worked my fair share of 12 hr days. Ill take a short day when I can get one. I also ran last weekend and COH and IND didnt have much. I know it will pick up again, any other terminals in a slump???

yeah phl is the same mostly everybody was done earrly luckly i had a job waiting on me when i came back so i got it in better than most. It is hell in our yard though there rippin it apart doin all kinds of building, painting

The housing market is down the fed is trying to slow the economy down and has been raising interest rates and its the middle of the month. Freight seems to be a little tighter here never really know why we have hired a lot more linehaoul drivers and that has to hurt the wild drivers coming here seems like OD is always changing things around as they have grown.

I've pulled emptys everywhere for the last few weeks. All of the big terminals had 10-15 empty sets hooked. Heard some schedules were cancelled and everyone is calling before they come in.

Although I'm not an OD employee "yet", I am told that yes the freight is very slow right now. It's very possibly going to prevent me from getting on. I've got one last shot and if I don't make it I'll have to look elsewhere apparently.

WOW, CLE got hammered today. The outbound usually does just over 300,000 pounds. I left at 7pm and they were about to hit 500,000 pounds. I guess all the shippers saved there freight for today. Kind of wierd how this business is. On Wednesday we all went home early, today its 10-12 hours.

I brought about 38,000 from COH to CLE yesterday and there was quite a bit of freight sitting on the dock. It has been kind of slow in COH. I didn't work at all Tuesday and just ran to Cleveland and back Friday.

Got delayed a couple of hours waiting for freight to be loaded so we could get out. Did get to pull freight up and some partway back. Had to make the extra relay stops at terminals to end up with 1 10k trlr and an empty for the last 300mi.

Cause

Do you think part of the cause for canceled runs might be not holding the run for the schedule but running it when its closed.Other words,moving the freight instead of the driver.

JIM BOB said:
Do you think part of the cause for canceled runs might be not holding the run for the schedule but running it when its closed.Other words,moving the freight instead of the driver.

Maybe, Maybe not, but I doubt it. When you see 20 sets of hooked empties at terminals I don't think there is an abundance of freight. Spoke to single wild drivers from most of the main break bulk terminals and they are having trouble getting out and staying out.

well just like that the bottom fell out here in spl. last load went out @ 10 am and first time i went home with 8 hrs in a long time.

nice to have a break

I see some people are unhappy when is slows down and the same when it is too busy.Try to be the manager that has to make the decisions and how to answer to the big wheels about why.I will just take the days as they come and be happy to have the job even if i too complain about things.Most of mine happen in the truck with no one to hear.

yeah the hiring and training alot of drivers at phl but they have to beat the odds im sittin comfortable on a peddle most of these new guys cant handle a peddle especially in pa its not easy place to run in the city lots of low bridges and narrow roads. Then they have to beat the background check after 2 weeks half the guys they bring in get fired because they lied on there application.

New

New account starting,it'll trickle down to other terminals.This type of freight fills trailers fast.Means more trailers needed,tractors,and on it goes.You'll know it when you see it.

JIM BOB said:
New account starting,it'll trickle down to other terminals.This type of freight fills trailers fast.Means more trailers needed,tractors,and on it goes.You'll know it when you see it.

NSH and TX???