Yellow | is it time to merge all Yellow companies on Truckingboards?

What’s it like working for Preston in the Columbus area?
Asking for 1fastvette.......:biglaugh:

Is he still hiring?

51lk1qMpzKL._SY445_.jpg

No Roady, never had the pleasure of time at Preston. That's one I missed along the way.

PS - But all those old check stubs from those long gone companies I once worked for ought to be worth something on eBay. Supplement my retirement income maybe? :bananapartyhat:
Told you to cash them pay check back then , but yeah maybe now eBay they maybe worth 15% more ??

No Roady, never had the pleasure of time at Preston. That's one I missed along the way.

PS - But all those old check stubs from those long gone companies I once worked for ought to be worth something on eBay. Supplement my retirement income maybe? :bananapartyhat:

:bgroovy:

When I worked at Preston, we had a guy start for us who had already worked for 7 other LTLs- every one of them had gone out of business. Soon as I saw him on the dock, I began to update my resume....
I had 25 years at Preston. Started in Dubois, then to West Middlesex and rode it to the end in Pittsburgh. I never missed a days work when they closed. I ran my last Preston trip on Monday night and my first Yellow trip out of Cleveland on Tuesday.

"It really is sad to see them fall away like this, because they're one of the venerable players in the industry," said Roger Dick, a spokesman for Yellow Corp., which sold the ailing trucking company last year to a group of Preston managers.

"Roger Dick"? What an appropriate name for that Yellow Corp. spokesman?!

:hissyfit:

Preston?

NOOOOOOOOOO.

However all things change in life. After careful thought its best to leave the site as it is with the range of companies. If you lumped everything under one banner of yellow it will take a good deal of reading to sort out what is where, when and how plus who.

I am a Over the Road trucker long haul generally, however I have done a dabble in LTL and other really local stuff. One time they even had me as a yard jockey with a FLD120 in Buffalo for three days and nights supporting a brass foundry. I eventually took a load of brass to Remington in Lonoke Arkansas. I was actually a pretty good jockey but that truck is not suited for that work.

My last work involved a early 90's era Ford 9000 daycab tandem which turns really good moving 30 trailers between a factory building and assembly/Shipping building a mile apart. Three docks on one 12 on the other. Its closed, killed off when the economy failed in 2008. Surrounded by three rings of rusting fence and barbed wire. One tree sprouted 5 years ago in one of the dockbays. If left alone it's going to be a monster in 50 years.

"It really is sad to see them fall away like this, because they're one of the venerable players in the industry," said Roger Dick, a spokesman for Yellow Corp., which sold the ailing trucking company last year to a group of Preston managers.

"Roger Dick"? What an appropriate name for that Yellow Corp. spokesman?!

:hissyfit:
"It's a sweetheart of a company to deal with," Phillip Del Costello, president of Local 557 of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, which represents drivers at Preston. "Just too many things have been going wrong at the same time."

Hang on to those check stubs. You may need them to get Your pension.