New Penn | Is It Worth Coming Back To?

Justbrowsing

TB Lurker
Credits
Thinking of coming back to 03 for a road position only. How much has changed in the last few years or has it changed so much I should avoid it all together. Know a bunch jumped to ABF so they are looking for a few road drivers. Figured now may be a good time to come back.

Thinking of coming back to 03 for a road position only. How much has changed in the last few years or has it changed so much I should avoid it all together. Know a bunch jumped to ABF so they are looking for a few road drivers. Figured now may be a good time to come back.
it all depends what your coming back for...also if there are spots open on the road board, other wise you would have to wait till next bid time to try for the road...and be a city man, we could use plenty of them...

Theres also UE boards at NP now. That means dock and road. And road for that only goes to some terminals, not all.

If I came back it would have been strictly for the road position. No peddle or UE. Talked to Jerry and he said he needs road drivers and that is where he would put me. Just thinking about it at this point. Have 2 other places to think about as well.

If I came back it would have been strictly for the road position. No peddle or UE. Talked to Jerry and he said he needs road drivers and that is where he would put me. Just thinking about it at this point. Have 2 other places to think about as well.
couple things to think about...say he adds 1 spot for you on our road board which now is purely extra board by seniorty, we bid next march with 25 extra board spots, 25 senior people bid the road and your left without a spot, than what?think hes going to keep adding spots just for you?? what happens when he retires?? and one last thing sooner or later we will be dove-tailed into yrc up the street cause neither can hire enough to continue on to grow the company, you at the very bottom or close to it by than, will be ::shit:: out of luck!!like i said, all depends on why you coming back...quick buck ok...future job to retirement...wouldnt bet my life on it...

couple things to think about...say he adds 1 spot for you on our road board which now is purely extra board by seniorty, we bid next march with 25 extra board spots, 25 senior people bid the road and your left without a spot, than what?think hes going to keep adding spots just for you?? what happens when he retires?? and one last thing sooner or later we will be dove-tailed into yrc up the street cause neither can hire enough to continue on to grow the company, you at the very bottom or close to it by than, will be :::shit::: out of luck!!like i said, all depends on why you coming back...quick buck ok...future job to retirement...wouldnt bet my life on it...

Not worth the headache again ...... took a position elsewhere