Yellow | Is now the time to stand up and take a stand or again give in and do nothing!

joefirm

TB Lurker
Credits
As we wait to see what YRC is going to cram down our throats this time I think it's time for us to reflect on why they continue to come to it's Union employees for more.
In the propaganda they have furnished us they admit that former management has made mistakes and for that the employees should again be punished for it by either more give backs or an additional five years of subpar incentives. Let's not forget what our give backs have gotten us so far. They crying poverty to us but then try to acquire ABF. I believe poor decisions by management has gotten us here and they need to do more than come to us for an easy out and ask for more concessions. What makes us think that this time will be different?
With that being said are we going to roll over and give them what they want or actually negotiate? I believe it's time that we threaten to walk out if whatever they offer puts the employees in a worse position then the previous three concessions that they have received already. I feel that as UNION employees we (and I am including myself) have become scared, fat and lazy and have forgotten what our previous union forefathers have done in the past to make the UNION strong and formidable. Look at us now, weak, giving in and getting nothing in return. Agreeing to YRC terms to "save" jobs is a cop out. We need to grow a set and let them know that their behavior and management style has gotten us to where we are today and it is unacceptable. I feel if we stand up to them we can avoid losing additional pay and benefits in turn for an agreement we both can live with instead of one way their way or the highway.
I also believe the UNION leaders need to step up. Unfortunately I believe they will just push this on us with fear because quite honestly all their interest is is to continue having union dues come in to their coffers at the rate of 26,000 employees. There is no fire in our union leaders belly anymore.
YRC is too big a company to go under and they know that and that will be an absolute last resort but let's say they do go under. We all will find another job with another company most likely stronger financially then YRC is. All this freight we are hauling everyday is going to go to another company and I assure you they will not have the manpower to handle it.
So guys, If you made it this far I thank you as this is a long rant. The short version of what I am trying to say is we need to stand strong and not be afraid to walk this time. If we don't then we might as well get rid of the union and save ourselves our monthly dues.
God bless and stay strong and UNITED!!

As we wait to see what YRC is going to cram down our throats this time I think it's time for us to reflect on why they continue to come to it's Union employees for more.
In the propaganda they have furnished us they admit that former management has made mistakes and for that the employees should again be punished for it by either more give backs or an additional five years of subpar incentives. Let's not forget what our give backs have gotten us so far. They crying poverty to us but then try to acquire ABF. I believe poor decisions by management has gotten us here and they need to do more than come to us for an easy out and ask for more concessions. What makes us think that this time will be different?
With that being said are we going to roll over and give them what they want or actually negotiate? I believe it's time that we threaten to walk out if whatever they offer puts the employees in a worse position then the previous three concessions that they have received already. I feel that as UNION employees we (and I am including myself) have become scared, fat and lazy and have forgotten what our previous union forefathers have done in the past to make the UNION strong and formidable. Look at us now, weak, giving in and getting nothing in return. Agreeing to YRC terms to "save" jobs is a cop out. We need to grow a set and let them know that their behavior and management style has gotten us to where we are today and it is unacceptable. I feel if we stand up to them we can avoid losing additional pay and benefits in turn for an agreement we both can live with instead of one way their way or the highway.
I also believe the UNION leaders need to step up. Unfortunately I believe they will just push this on us with fear because quite honestly all their interest is is to continue having union dues come in to their coffers at the rate of 26,000 employees. There is no fire in our union leaders belly anymore.
YRC is too big a company to go under and they know that and that will be an absolute last resort but let's say they do go under. We all will find another job with another company most likely stronger financially then YRC is. All this freight we are hauling everyday is going to go to another company and I assure you they will not have the manpower to handle it.
So guys, If you made it this far I thank you as this is a long rant. The short version of what I am trying to say is we need to stand strong and not be afraid to walk this time. If we don't then we might as well get rid of the union and save ourselves our monthly dues.
God bless and stay strong and UNITED!!

Nice speech, but do you really understand what's going on? This is not a negotiation with a company making huge profits and not wanting to share them with the workers. This is about a company in bad shape trying to pull itself up from a bad financial situation. At least be honest about the current scenario and then decide what you want to do.

Nice speech, but do you really understand what's going on? This is not a negotiation with a company making huge profits and not wanting to share them with the workers. This is about a company in bad shape trying to pull itself up from a bad financial situation. At least be honest about the current scenario and then decide what you want to do.

You're a disgrace,sir. You probably believe yrc really made a valid bid for abf
And is in dire brupcy 8 mos later.

Don't worry,though. Yrc will again stick its boots out there ,and you will get to drop,
And lick and suck those boots once again.

After all, a good slave does as he is told by his union and his employer.
You ,sir, will question NO scam or lie.

You're a disgrace,sir. You probably believe yrc really made a valid bid for abf
And is in dire brupcy 8 mos later.

Don't worry,though. Yrc will again stick its boots out there ,and you will get to drop,
And lick and suck those boots once again.

After all, a good slave does as he is told by his union and his employer.
You ,sir, will question NO scam or lie.

I'm devastated, you exposed me! :smile:

Triplex, I wonder if you really understand what is going on. This is NOT, NOT, NOT “about a company in bad shape trying to pull itself up from a bad financial situation.” This is about a company trying to refinance its debt at a lower interest rate! YRC would be a profitable company if they did not have so much debt. If the banks would allow YRC to extend their loan out 10-15 years at 5-6%, the company could afford to pay that debt while increasing employee wages and benefits. It is the payments that are coming due in next 2yrs that are the problem not “a company in bad shape.” And this is not myopinion it is the financial facts.

yrc to big to close that's funny yrc is smaller then what yellow was wow really ...................................... theY have been down sizing to close this if there's a new mou ill guarantee another change like the last 2 eliminating a lot of jobs because 90 percent wont move THERE CLOSEING DOWN THIS COMPANY RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES FOR YEARS NOW SLOWLY SO IT CAN BE HANDLE BY THE OTHER LTLS

yrc to big to close that's funny yrc is smaller then what yellow was wow really ...................................... theY have been down sizing to close this if there's a new mou ill guarantee another change like the last 2 eliminating a lot of jobs because 90 percent wont move THERE CLOSEING DOWN THIS COMPANY RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES FOR YEARS NOW SLOWLY SO IT CAN BE HANDLE BY THE OTHER LTLS

Absolutely. They have been shrinking for years. This company can dissapear tomorrow and nobody would notice. The IBT included

Most of YRCW’s problems are systematic. They refuse to listen to their employees!!!! Each and every employee is an expert in the job he/she does. YRC refuses to recognize that fact. YRC management continues to….DICTATE DOWN. They refuse to… LISTEN UP. If they would learn to LISTEN UP to their employees, we (YRC) would be profitable, again.

Most employees I have spoken to (both management and union) agree that if management above them would just LISTEN to their ideas and suggestions, we (YRC) would be able to save ½ hour to 1 hour per day of labor cost alone; this does not include operational costs such as fuel, equipment wear and tear , etc.

This cost savings (not including non-labor operational costs) would have contributed $1.32 billion to the bottom line of the company per year. LISTEN UP, that means that in one (1) year, practically all of our (YRC’s) long-term debt would have been paid off and we would have been debt free and profitable.

So don’t blame the union for your inability to LISTEN (to your employees--your most valuable assets) and return to profitability.

Too bad $bill won't give Welch the password to those bank accounts in the Cayman Islands. :27:
Then maybe we could buy all new equipment AND pay off that pesky $1.4 billion.
Oops I just remembered YRCW doesn't have ANY money ANYWHERE. That's why they're asking for continued concessions. :regretful:

Yes. Huge debt is bad. Especially when YRC's credit rating stinks and we have to service that HUGE debt at significantly higher rates then most others. And we employees didn't create that debt. Management greed did and not that long ago when managements' salaries were tied to how many subsidiary companies YRC could acquire.

And how did YRC acquire all of those subsidiaries? You got it...they borrowed and borrowed and borrowed some more and now we (YRC) have $1.4 billion of long-term unmanageable and unserviceable debt. And to top it all off, YRC paid way too much for these subsidiary companies and later had to write-off most of what they paid as a loss. And if that's not bad enough, YRC's management picked the worst time to acquire all of that debt; just before the worst recession we have ever seen.

And guess what we do with the people who make these horrendous decisions, we send them off with millions of dollars to lick their wounds while we continually suffer the consequences.

Yes. Huge debt is bad. Especially when YRC's credit rating stinks and we have to service that HUGE debt at significantly higher rates then most others. And we employees didn't create that debt. Management greed did and not that long ago when managements' salaries were tied to how many subsidiary companies YRC could acquire.

And how did YRC acquire all of those subsidiaries? You got it...they borrowed and borrowed and borrowed some more and now we (YRC) have $1.4 billion of long-term unmanageable and unserviceable debt. And to top it all off, YRC paid way too much for these subsidiary companies and later had to write-off most of what they paid as a loss. And if that's not bad enough, YRC's management picked the worst time to acquire all of that debt; just before the worst recession we have ever seen.

And guess what we do with the people who make these horrendous decisions, we send them off with millions of dollars to lick their wounds while we continually suffer the consequences.

And that's all water under the bridge now. What do you propose to help fix the situation at hand? Just asking.

What every good company does. Maximally utilize its assets. But some companies have management so entrenched in believing they have all the answers and will not effectively use their most valuable assets...their employees and their creativity to cut costs and get more from other company assets. How many times have we thought and/or said "if they would only listen!!!

Why is it when the big guys screw up it is always the little guy that pays. They were told over and over again that the last 2 change of operations were a mistake. They shoved us out of the way and did it their way. Now no profit and nothing is any better. In the meantime families are still separated and in some cases homes were lost and divorce for some. Now once again we should pay for their arrogance. As soon as we agree to all this they will spend any money left on another coo.
Does anyone even think about all that stock we were supposed to get in the merge that they stole from us? They know what they are doing, and continue to push our faces in the dirt .Maybe a meeting with the employees and management
is in order. Not that they would listen. How about they work with us and see how they like driving unsafe trucks. How about now you can't even be on your cell phone at the terminal. How about don't call me on my cell phone when you need me to do something then. From now on my cell is for my use on my time. Find someone else to do your dirty work. After 37 years with this company I have had it. It used to be you got some kind of respect after this many years of dedication. Not even a pat on the back anymore for years of service. They are thieves and I believe someday they will get theirs.