Is the food at t-stop Denny's that bad or are they anti driver friendly

20_yrs_2_go

Thank god for small favors ( pic on far left )
Credits
Lately I've been noticing alot of truckstop Denny's doesn't have drivers in thier restaurants. Maybe a few here and there but not like it used to be when flying J ( Utah ) used to run thier own truckstops.
Even with the pilot points to pay for the food they can't seem to attract a room full of drivers like I've seen in the past.

What's up with that ?

Lately I've been noticing alot of truckstop Denny's doesn't have drivers in thier restaurants. Maybe a few here and there but not like it used to be when flying J ( Utah ) used to run thier own truckstops.
Even with the pilot points to pay for the food they can't seem to attract a room full of drivers like I've seen in the past.

What's up with that ?
possible that since sometimes truck stop food is expensive and the menu doesn't really change, that truckers are taking thier own food, and cooking in the truck?

i remember when i ran the road, back in the late 1980's and the mid 1990's, it would cost me (on average) $150 per week to eat, like only 2 meals a day.

A well managed Denny’s is a nice place to eat.My problem is that some suck so bad it makes it hard to go to another one.
I actually like their menu options it’s just that the locations are hit or miss.
Maybe the one at truck stop has **** poor management.

Denny's (Dumpy's), Sambo's, Bob's Big Boy, Your House, Jan's House and mcDonald's Duck all have similar menus, so where's the attraction?
Along with Love's, Flying-Pee, T. A., Petro all looking the same inside, there's nothing new under the sun.

"Big Trucks equals Big Bucks" doesn't usually equal discriminate pay (except a sports or chrome venue with scantily clad chicks), so maybe many drivers just don't care for big box food shops.
The Iron Skillet was/is not completely the same at all Petro locations as some Petro locations have NO restaurant.

To Thine Own Self Be True!
You ARE What You EAT!!
CHEERS!!

i remember when i ran the road, back in the late 1980's and the mid 1990's, it would cost me (on average) $150 per week to eat, like only 2 meals a day.
$150.00 a week wooda bot a LOT of food at a wail-mart.
When I 1st started the "open road", eye 2 had a truck stop restaurant fetish yet it was a probably equal what with cherry master, pinball games and waitress tips.

$150.00 a week wooda bot a LOT of food at a wail-mart.
When I 1st started the "open road", eye 2 had a truck stop restaurant fetish yet it was a probably equal what with cherry master, pinball games and waitress tips.
well if you remember, (but i highly doubt it, you're too young), back in the days of doing long haul, we only had coolers, plastic ones, that you had to buy ice for. they were great, but the price of ice got to be stupit.

so to actually save money, i'd only eat all of maybe 2 times a day, and hit the buffets, to fill me up. then of course, the tip, and the beverages.

i'd buy some soft drinks, and maybe some snack goods, that would hold me over till my next meal.

it wasn't until later in my long haul years, DC powered coolers were coming out, and back then, NO Walfarts around.

but when walfarts started selling them, of course they were WAY cheaper than what the truck stops sold them for.

that's YOUR History lesson for today....

thank you very much, come again soon please.....

well if you remember, (but i highly doubt it, you're too young), back in the days of doing long haul, we only had coolers, plastic ones, that you had to buy ice for. they were great, but the price of ice got to be stupit.
Just how "young" do you believe I b?
(Hint: I was 6 wen J.F.K. was Assassinated).

I think I carried a cooler for a VERY BRIEF time. I do recall in 2000 (when Drivers were "Knights of The Road" Drivers) with my trainer in S.L.C., UTAH, we found, at a truck stop, a cooler in a trash can. Bot a $20.00 motor and it worked well.

so to actually save money, i'd only eat all of maybe 2 times a day, and hit the buffets, to fill me up. then of course, the tip, and the beverages.

i'd buy some soft drinks, and maybe some snack goods, that would hold me over till my next meal.

it wasn't until later in my long haul years, DC powered coolers were coming out, and back then, NO Walfarts around.
I learned in trucking startup when visiting Twuck Slops to "park as far AWAY as possible from the main buildings", FOR THE EXERCISE! Season made no difference.
thank you very much, come again soon please.....
SOYTAINLY!! CHEERS!!

Last edited:
Denny's (Dumpy's), Sambo's, Bob's Big Boy, Your House, Jan's House and mcDonald's Duck all have similar menus, so where's the attraction?
Along with Love's, Flying-Pee, T. A., Petro all looking the same inside, there's nothing new under the sun.

"Big Trucks equals Big Bucks" doesn't usually equal discriminate pay (except a sports or chrome venue with scantily clad chicks), so maybe many drivers just don't care for big box food shops.
The Iron Skillet was/is not completely the same at all Petro locations as some Petro locations have NO restaurant.

To Thine Own Self Be True!
You ARE What You EAT!!
CHEERS!!

Good idea !
Build a Hooters at every t-stop instead of Denny's

Their food is like eating at a hospital or nursing home, it all needs a pound of salt to make it taste good.

Their food is like eating at a hospital or nursing home, it all needs a pound of salt to make it taste good.
i been in the hospital a "couple of times now" and i can assure you, the food ain't that bad at all......then too, i was jacked up on morphine...

What's up with that ?

...denny's food will kill you...
Answered your own question.
- - -
Good idea !
Build a Hooters at every t-stop instead of Denny's
Such contractual intercourse should certainly erect some interest.