Is the IAM pension no longer offered?

sabresfan

TB Regular
PREMIUM
Credits
I talked to a friend here in Buffalo and said he had heard NEMF was not offering a pension any longer. I thought it was the usual rumor mill stuff and didn't think much about it. Here's a screenshot of an indeed review also saying the pension is gone. Can any current NEMF drivers confirm and how did the IAM ever let this happen?
4hIXFnB.jpg

4hIXFnB.jpg

How did they get rid of the pension, the Iam pension is really solid, last I knew.
The union and Mike had a agreement of the I.a.m. national fell below 100% he could back out. As of November 2016 it has dipped to 95 or 96%. NEMF an other' s would be on the hook for greater contributions. We are now returning to the machinists money pension. It was what was has when I started in 2008 an was stopped to enter the national pension fund in August of 08. It' a very safe pension but doesn't yield as high of a return.. anyone who didn't have 5yrs vestments as of November 2016 lost out in getting any money at retireent from the national. This machinist money pension which we will be returning to only requires 1000hrs. For fill vestment. I am a Shop steward @ term. 43

is that c..k sucker working at joliet terminal still there?? his name is ralph

New manager at Joliet is Tony Luna. Worked for us years ago as a city P&D driver at our Chicago terminal, left to get management experience at Dayton Freight and Black Horse Carriers before coming home. Seems like an okay guy who understands the issues.

I talked to a friend here in Buffalo and said he had heard NEMF was not offering a pension any longer. I thought it was the usual rumor mill stuff and didn't think much about it. Here's a screenshot of an indeed review also saying the pension is gone. Can any current NEMF drivers confirm and how did the IAM ever let this happen?
4hIXFnB.jpg

4hIXFnB.jpg
Another union screwing its members...

I used to bite a pillow when I bent over.. now i just ask if it's in yet.. it's hard to just jump ship, when you have all the vacation accrued, position on the seniority list.. but it seems the thing that keep ya floating around the toilet bowl seem to begin to get out weighed by the other things