AAA Cooper | is this a rumor or not

The same rumor about Wilson has been going around. Rumor I heard was Wilson was going to merge with SEFL. My friend works at SE and says that's just a rumor. I would say this is too.:GrowUp:

I dont think anyone would merge with wilson

Many would like to acquire Wilson and we receive offers almost on a monthly basis. Wilson has absolutely zero debt, many assets, few liabilities, with substantial cash reserves. Of the 50 plus properties they have and operate out of only two are leased. They own and paid cash for the others (many they built themselves). All of their linehaul and local equipment is also paid for. These make us very attractive. While we are honored by these inquiries, being acquired by another carrier and relinquishing its deep heritage and history of 82 years is not something that Wilson is interested in.

However, we do keep our eyes open for an opportunity that might be a good fit for us and if that type situation appears it would be Wilson doing the acquiring and remaining in control. Do not look for Wilson to be acquired by another or merge with another without remaining in control of their business. The owners of this 3rd generation family owned business are relatively young and trucking is all they know. :1036316054:

That maybe true and i always say i would rather work for a family owed company and i have,but everybody has their price.Each generation gets less and less hungry because the money is already made.I hope it's not true for your sake but i have seen it to many times.Good luck.

my brother works for wilson, he told me wilson was operating at a negative 7 ratio. All i know is yall keep saying SEFL is going to merge with other carriers. Anyone who works for SEFL cld tell you thats not going to happen, UPS & Fedex have wanted SEFL. Ive always heard UPS wanted SEFL more than they wanted overnite. I'm just trying to make a point by saying you want see SEFL merge with anyone. All the numbers that come down from corporate show that there isn't an ltl in the SOUTHEAST that can compete with SEFL, therefore they have no reason to merge. They have said time and time again, this company will not be moving into any other states than we are already in.

my brother works for wilson, he told me wilson was operating at a negative 7 ratio. All i know is yall keep saying SEFL is going to merge with other carriers. Anyone who works for SEFL cld tell you thats not going to happen, UPS & Fedex have wanted SEFL. Ive always heard UPS wanted SEFL more than they wanted overnite. I'm just trying to make a point by saying you want see SEFL merge with anyone. All the numbers that come down from corporate show that there isn't an ltl in the SOUTHEAST that can compete with SEFL, therefore they have no reason to merge. They have said time and time again, this company will not be moving into any other states than we are already in.

All I can tell you is that your brother is mistaken and apparently has some bad information. Now, it could be possible that his location is operating at a loss for numerous reasons. Wilson also has terminals that also operate in the low 80's and when you wash it all out Wilson does relatively well.

Secondly, I have never stated that SEFL would merge with anyone nor have I seen anyone from Wilson make that statement and quite frankly I do not think they would merge with another carrier. SEFL is a very solid carrier. UPS wanted Overnite over SEFL due to the greater geographic coverage. UPS and SEFL makes no sense.

All I can tell you is that your brother is mistaken and apparently has some bad information. Now, it could be possible that his location is operating at a loss for numerous reasons. Wilson also has terminals that also operate in the low 80's and when you wash it all out Wilson does relatively well.

Secondly, I have never stated that SEFL would merge with anyone nor have I seen anyone from Wilson make that statement and quite frankly I do not think they would merge with another carrier. SEFL is a very solid carrier. UPS wanted Overnite over SEFL due to the greater geographic coverage. UPS and SEFL makes no sense.

e-rider, I think it is good that you are here and can put rumers to rest. I feel that wilson and sefl are at the top of the list of ltl's in these hard times due to the lack of debt. I feel as if after these hard times both companies will expand, and will do so without debt. I don't wish any carriers bad luck, but some are in big trouble. My thoughts and heart felt prayers go to all affected. Good luck!:1036316054: