Is this true

1LAIDBACKTRUCKER

TB Lurker
Credits
I guess you wal-mart drivers can start telling us how much you make a year now because they are running a commercial ad on xm saying you can make $76.000 dollar your first year, is this true.

Hey guy's i went through an interview last year but didn't make it past, I know what i said wrong as soon as i said it! Should i re apply and try again? Do you have to wait so long before you can re apply? Thanks!

yes re apply. you are past any waiting period and just as eligible as any other person for an interview. in response to 1laidbacktrucker, i run 5 days out with two off (thursday and friday and i am on track to do well over 90000 this year at starting pay and i run fairly hard but i have no problems going home early when i can work it out if you know what i mean. there is no shortage of guys doing well over 100000 a year on 5 day runs here.

My week is Friday through Tuesday with Wed and Thurs off.

WalMart is looking to severely cut back, or eliminate contract carriers. There should start to be a lot more hiring, so it is a good time to try to get on. While the hiring process itself can be challenging, it is worth it. You truly cannot know what a good job this is, until you have it. It is about a lot more than just the money.

WalMart is a great job. I worked out of 6830 Raymond NH for a little over 3 years. I will say I am happier where I'm at but that's just me. I did exactly what everyone does and that's look at what I can earn. I made over 85 my first 2 years and 96 the last I was there. I found it really just depends on where you will be running out of on how happy you will be and what type of running you will do. Everything is set up to do things the same when it comes to pay however I found that in some cases I had a hard time getting a DC to close a trip out bc they said they don't pay their drivers for what I was told, by my manager, to put down on my trip sheet to get paid for. Long and the short of it is just understand what you are getting in to. Yes it's a good job and probably the least physical driving job you'll every have and one of the best paying but there's a lot of corporate BS as with any big company and you will be surrounded by quite a few drivers who think they are the all might God in trucking. I know you have that everywhere but now you will be working with these guys side by side and will find that a lot of them who have been there awhile will have no quams about making sure you know they don't like you or think you are beneath them. As far as WalMart cutting back on outside carriers that's what they had been telling us that they were trying to get the private fleet in all the grocery centers but that was 3 years ago and they still haven't really pushed that hard from what my friends whom are still there have told me. As a matter of fact I know in Raymond they actually lost servicing stores in Northern Maine to a carrier based out of Maine and my friends in Lewiston have said since their new GTM came in they've seen their miles drop while the Prime trucks are taking the longer runs. Anyhow. I am just telling you what I know from my friends whom are still there and from the experience I had while there. Just make sure you look at it more then just how much you can make. I make around 70/year where I am at now first year with this current job and am home every day doing cryo work and love it. The company is strict like WalMart was in a lot of cases however Theres definitely a more team atmosphere where I am at and it's not every man for himself type of feeling to make as much money as the next guy like it was at WalMart. I reiterate again that that's just how it was for me. It may be there absolute best fit for you it just wasn't for me and it's definitely different depending on which region you work out of. Best of luck if you reapply I hope no matter what happens it all works out in the end. PS make sure you ask them if you would be a cover driver or full time if you got hired that may be something you may not want to do.