Central Transport | Is Vitran a good company?

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
I'm looking at going back to freight. Not right now cuz its not a good time but eventually I want to. Is Vitran a good company to drive for? I want to get onto linehaul. I'm doing foodservice right now.

Thanks
Josh

I'm looking at going back to freight. Not right now cuz its not a good time but eventually I want to. Is Vitran a good company to drive for? I want to get onto linehaul. I'm doing foodservice right now.

Thanks
Josh

most of these guys on this board will tell you no . seems like we got a bunch of miserable posters on here . . . but it works for me . its like any company , you have your guys that like it and you got your guys that dont . maybe it depends what terminal your at . .

I been at Vitran for over 10 years, Its a good company. If your in a vitran barn and not a pijax barn.

It seems that Vbitran bought pjax but Pjax is absorbing vitran. There rules, There paperwork, There pay, Ect.

I hate it that you can see if there hiring or not on there site. How do i find out if there hiring with out going to there terminal?

I been at Vitran for over 10 years, Its a good company. If your in a vitran barn and not a pijax barn.

It seems that Vbitran bought pjax but Pjax is absorbing vitran. There rules, There paperwork, There pay, Ect.
You are so full of crap, pjax goes to chi or indy we wait while u guys go around i was told by indy wench you guys were gonna be first no matter who got there first. lds sitting on counters for an hour b4 they decide to give them out. at pjax first in first out lds not sitting for and hour to be given out. If your in vitran ternminal its there paperwork pjax there paper work

no unless you work for PJAX or Canadian Division

I worked there for 8 years under the Canadian Division and 2 years under the US division titles included Ops Mgr , AE, SAE and SCM and the best thing Rick Gaetz could do for his company is get rid of Kimack and let the PJAX guy take shot at it.

pretty sad August 2008 stock price was $17.00 and today it closed at $2.50

Indys Philosphy is the flogging will continue until the moral improves.

Canadian Mgmt is completly different. Far more accountable from top down and they treat thier employees with respect and with a team atmosphere

Vitran central and west is completley ran like Stalinist Russia thier favorite quote is "it is what it is" and its not about knowledge its about if youre on Stalins good side.
\
out :nutkick:

kardackk your 100% right, but I believe Kimack is still employed hiding under a rock in the west and collecting a check. I know the economy is bad but somehow Gaetz is making it look as though all of the sudden when PJAX vice pesident takes over the stocks start to fall on august 2008 to the current date. This pjax guy has not answered or at least made a noticable attempt to bring VITRAN out of the hole. The only thing that I assume that he has done was make sure his PJAX employees know that he brought up 50% of vitran stock which i guess gives him say so in the company (just a rumor). To bad that when he brought the stocks he probably paid close to $17 but now it is only worth 2.50, what a bad investment. Moral improvement is never going to happen until someone (PJAX president) steps up and complete the merger and eliminate
the existence of PJAX and CHRIS and give vitran a rebirth as one company one team. I admit it bothers me when people answer the phone and say VITRANPJAX or if you are a old pjax employee PJAXVITRAN. I wonder does old CHRIS employees answer the phone CHRISVITRAN. It should be "vitran express how may I help you?". I believe that would be the first step towards team atmosphere and pave a way for respect to follow. simple723

kardackk your 100% right, but I believe Kimack is still employed hiding under a rock in the west and collecting a check. I know the economy is bad but somehow Gaetz is making it look as though all of the sudden when PJAX vice pesident takes over the stocks start to fall on august 2008 to the current date. This pjax guy has not answered or at least made a noticable attempt to bring VITRAN out of the hole. The only thing that I assume that he has done was make sure his PJAX employees know that he brought up 50% of vitran stock which i guess gives him say so in the company (just a rumor). To bad that when he brought the stocks he probably paid close to $17 but now it is only worth 2.50, what a bad investment. Moral improvement is never going to happen until someone (PJAX president) steps up and complete the merger and eliminate
the existence of PJAX and CHRIS and give vitran a rebirth as one company one team. I admit it bothers me when people answer the phone and say VITRANPJAX or if you are a old pjax employee PJAXVITRAN. I wonder does old CHRIS employees answer the phone CHRISVITRAN. It should be "vitran express how may I help you?". I believe that would be the first step towards team atmosphere and pave a way for respect to follow. simple723
agree'd!!! we need to be under one name! we still have 2 sets of uniforms vitrans and pjax.....we need to be one unified company!!!!

I worked there for 8 years under the Canadian Division and 2 years under the US division titles included Ops Mgr , AE, SAE and SCM and the best thing Rick Gaetz could do for his company is get rid of Kimack and let the PJAX guy take shot at it.

pretty sad August 2008 stock price was $17.00 and today it closed at $2.50

Indys Philosphy is the flogging will continue until the moral improves.

Canadian Mgmt is completly different. Far more accountable from top down and they treat thier employees with respect and with a team atmosphere

Vitran central and west is completley ran like Stalinist Russia thier favorite quote is "it is what it is" and its not about knowledge its about if youre on Stalins good side.
\
out :nutkick:

:loser: The Reason Canadian Magmt. Treates there Employees With Respect is Because The Canadian Side is Union!! Hey ?? I worked for Quast Transfer in Minnesota before Vitran Bought them and Screwed them up!!As Far as Im Concerned the Canadians can Kiss My ***:flame::flame:

Wow.. I never thought I would be posting, but I think a few things should be explained about what Simple723 posted.. First off one of the reasons Chris and Pjax are still retaining there names is for our customer base.. Companies(I.E Customers) get nervous and dont like change esp when they have been doing business with the same company for many years.. By them retaining there name for now.. It gives our customers a sense of security.. Eventually we will all transition to the Vitran only name.. But it takes time..

As far as the pjax guy buying up 50% of vitran stock.. Not true at all... The pjax guy was put in charge because he is very good at his job. And in this tough economy things could be much worse. Look at some of the other trucking companies.. Before vitran acquired Pjax. Pjax was turning record profits, and was/still is a very Successful Company. Pjax was never in any danger of going out of business like some people seem to, or like to think. As far as Vitran being in a hole, and buying pjax to bail them out.. I know nothing about that.. The whole reason was to expand vitran's/pjax's/Chris's coverage area.. and to bring everyone together to form a stronger company for the future.

We also really cant blame anybody in general for the Vitran stock dropping.. I mean people get a grip and wake up.. The Stock market crashed over the past eight months or so.. Everybody's stock has dropped in record numbers.. Not just Vitrans.. Major companies are shutting down.. Wage cuts..The unemployment rate is at record highs.. Everybody is cutting back/ downsizing to adjust for the recession.. The trucking industry in general has taken a major major hit... I feel bad for everybody that has been laid off.. Been there... On the upside.. Most of the major terminals have been staying pretty busy this past month.. People that have been laid off are being hired back.. Thats a good sign!! And I know we are still closing terminals, but the company feels that it can maintain its level of service from the larger terminals, and cut some expenses.. I guess time will tell??

On a final note.. Wether it be Chris/Vitran/Pjax.. We all work for the same people.. And everybody needs to show respect for each other.. We all want the same thing.. Make money provide for our family etc...

Snowman...well said...if we can all stick together...damage less freight...service with a smile and keep a good attiude around customers and at terminals we will all be better off. As I said before, many of people have died for us to to be free. If you do not like where you work LEAVE. If you think that your mind is so great and that you know how to run a company, start your own and put the company you hate into bankruptcy. Look what Sam Walton did to KMART.

poor kmart, Sam Walton should be ashamed of himself. I had a company cause me to file bankruptcy because of large pay cuts before Vitran, so i have a small idea of what that is like. I got a new idea, come monday I will start a new company called "BANKRUPT TRUCKING", we will be pulling tanker, flatbed, refers, container, dump truck, straight truck, tl, ltl, canadian, mexican etc. We will transport everything in everyway up to and including delivering school children and maintain a guarantee of on time delivery. Just don't get mad when your child shows up to school in a garbage truck filled with fresh garbage, a delivery to the schools kitchen marked todays breakfast and lunch and a small shipment marked "poison" please deliver to schools chemistry lab, I will just be trying to create a more efficent trucking company by servicing every customers need and reduce traffic and pollution since you will only need one carrier for all of your needs.
Did i mention we deliver mail, repo cars, execute arrest warrants and transport prisoners. Retirement pension will be combined with your cremation benefits, we have our own doctors and dentist so no need for heath care package. Your pay will be based on 10% of your route's collected revenue after ever expense has been paid.