Is Walmart easy to drive for?

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious to know if they are an easy company to drive for? Are they strict on taking days off for example personal days, or unpaid day off, or if need of for doctors appoints ect... Are they family oriented?

They are very family oriented. The actively promote drive alongs, and I have had my son with me for a week at a time, many times. if you need time off, they will go out of their way to make sure you get it. I have never had a time off request denied. Some of the stories I have heard, on the lengths that they will go to to make sure family members are together at times of need, would make your head spin (not hearsay, but from the mouths of those who it happened to).

They are pretty easy to work for. You are the Captain of your own ship. They give plenty of time to get to appts, so if unforeseen things come up, you are fine. They do not micromanage you, and short of getting your paperwork, most of the time you don't have to talk to anyone. They know you are doing your job. Frankly, this is the most low pressure truck driving job I have had. No forced dispatch, and if you know you cannot make a time, you just tell them and it is no big deal. The most stressful thing I deal with is the traffic.

I don't think people believe much of what we have to say until they are here.