Yellow | It’s Cold and my new Peterbilt won’t stay running

I work at xpo my 2017 Freightliner has the Cummins engine. Shuts down after 3 minutes. To bypass it, the check engine light should start to flash about 30 seconds b4 shutdown, try stepping on foot brake 2 times, that might work...

I have better advice, go somewhere that's 75 degrees, why would you want to be in a place that's minus 2 degrees?
I wonder about you Holland guys!
Do like that guy Maxi, over at T Force wants to do. Have the company change linehaul to day runs, when the suns out, take a pay cut though, and have those bastard p and d guys run at night. I’m sure all the customers will want to ship their freight out at night, too…

I'm not sure that would even work, you can chock the wheels leave both buttons pushed in and it still shuts off.
That use to work, but since we had too many roll away we had to reprogram the ecu to shut off even with the P brake released, constant rpm with no speed input should also shut it down.
But if you come up with a device to pump the fuel pedal up and down that should work :)

That use to work, but since we had too many roll away we had to reprogram the ecu to shut off even with the P brake released, constant rpm with no speed input should also shut it down.
But if you come up with a device to pump the fuel pedal up and down that should work :)
That wasn't a problem with my KB 11 with no heater.
Problem was getting the thing started with a 6-volt dragging starter.

Start with one of these, it can be done.

R.md.jpg

Or just jack up the drive axle(s), put jack stands underneath for safety, set the cruise control to 63 mph and watch the miles accumulate as you sit there comfortably getting paid for all that distance covered! :hide: :duh:

Or just jack up the drive axle(s), put jack stands underneath for safety, set the cruise control to 63 mph and watch the miles accumulate as you sit there comfortably getting paid for all that distance covered! :hide: :duh:
Set your trailer brakes , and not the tractor .

Set your trailer brakes , and not the tractor .
All these suggests worked with the older trucks but the junk Petes will still shut down no matter what , only way is to have in shut off in the computer ! P.S. They don't care as your just employee number 15 to them !!
Shaking Cold Weather GIF by funk