Yellow | It’s Cold and my new Peterbilt won’t stay running

I had a older truck that lost the heater core one winter storm day at -10. Since it was a late 70's tractor it lost all of the coolant and made it a few hours to a shop big enough to replace the core and coolant without too much trouble on engine temps.

If that had happened today in the ECM trucks it probably would have shut down on the coolant loss and that probably would be that in due time. It took the shop's wood stove about 10 hours to thaw me out that day.

Not sure if this has changed on later models but the last truck I was in, a 2015 shaker with Cummins engine....Find a decent hole, park a wheel in that hole, do not set trailer or tractor brake.
Also, it would idle all night if I pulled the trailer brake valve and left the tractor valve engaged.

Or just jack up the drive axle(s), put jack stands underneath for safety, set the cruise control to 63 mph and watch the miles accumulate as you sit there comfortably getting paid for all that distance covered! :hide: :duh:
Actually I know some cops who did that very thing once because they were required to do x amount of miles a night on patrol. Till they figured out the speedo was on the front wheels. Our tax dollars at work!

Actually I know some cops who did that very thing once because they were required to do x amount of miles a night on patrol. Till they figured out the speedo was on the front wheels. Our tax dollars at work!
Long ago cops in town used to sleep in their cars late at night behind a local body shop. I was so often tempted to silently sneak up and light an ash can or cherry bomb and flip it under the car and then watch the reaction. Never quite found the guts to try it though. :smile new:

Do like that guy Maxi, over at T Force wants to do. Have the company change linehaul to day runs, when the suns out, take a pay cut though, and have those bastard p and d guys run at night. I’m sure all the customers will want to ship their freight out at night, too…
bastard p&d guys? and here i thought we were friends... see if I pick anymore freight to put in your trailer......