ABF | It has to be so, cause RB says so

I can't help myself. I can't read the uninformed nonsense on this board without responding.

The most intelligent among us are always hated by the masses. The Walton family, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are on that list. Those who create millions of jobs, provide goods and services at reasonable prices and raise people out of poverty are routinely accused of exploiting labor.

Some who point out that a seemingly successful transportation company cannot survive long-term operating at 8% gross profit when the competition shows operating ratios in the 70s and low 80s are deemed to be idiots. 40 years of history and 600+ bankruptcies may show us to be correct but the masses who demand more of that meager 8% for themselves still refuse to believe. They continue to condemn corporate greed but fail to see the greed in a six-figure salary for unskilled labor delivering little brown boxes from a little brown truck. They don't see the folly of paying the same hourly wage to a dock worker and a CDL driver. When the system that was doomed from the beginning fails, they expect the government to bail them out because they lacked the self-discipline to provide for their future.

Reject my UNSOLICITED ADVICE at your own peril.
Moronic

You are a certified nut! W here did you come up with this number? Just wait until the people who ordered their products online don't get them & see what were worth. Sit back and enjoy your retirement and let us worry abut us....
That number is a quote from Hangbelly, ask him.

You have to love the above posts, moronic, certified nut and biggest azz. Yet, none of the actual points I made are disputed. I guess that means you agree with me. Stay tuned. Your education will continue.

You have to love the above posts, moronic, certified nut and biggest azz. Yet, none of the actual points I made are disputed. I guess that means you agree with me. Stay tuned. Your education will continue.
Ahh yeah blade the bailout was disputed with a link..and most of your "actual points" are just opinions...you also haven't answered many things you have been asked so it must be those points are right also....Have you ever considered blade that we gave up on you with answering your points, because most of the guys feel about you like we did the kid who ate his own boogers in the first grade...we tried correcting him the first three or four times, but when he persisted we just stopped and felt sorry for him.....

Your points are not addressed because for the most part, they are “moronic” and you are indeed a “certified nut”. I dont know who called you the “biggest azz”. I said you were a close second. LOL!!!

Oh please, you pompous @$%)! The market forces moving to destroy America now are so much more complex than your oversimplified explanations, it is laughable!

Oh please, you pompous jackass! The market forces moving to destroy America now are so much more complex than your oversimplified explanations, it is laughable!
Uh oh now we must add pompous jackass to the list...lol.. the list is getting long...
Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

[QUOTE="Razorblade, post: 1710851, member: I guess that's why I sound anti-union. Expecting the Teamster business model to succeed after watching the carnage and failure of the last 40 years in trucking amazes me. I just don't get "the government needs to pay me because Halls or Preston or the Teamsters promised me." It's like wondering why the post office loses billions every year when they are operating with the same business model as 1950. I
For me it isn't about any "promise", it is more about inaction.....they saw the train wreck for years and did nothing, when they could have passed laws making changes to the funds that wouldn't have cost the taxpayers a dime...they could have divided up the the funds among the participants and been done with it..but we are left with this...both parties let this happen and the need for a bailout could have been averted...
[/QUOTE]
Actually, no they couldn't. They were separate pension funds administered by separate plan administrators, and still are.

Hey Blade Central Freight Line is closing & they are non union so I was wondering why. The way you always talk trash on unions maybe you could explain to this unlearned peasant.:poke:
And that is an excellent question! Thanks for posting it. I worked for Wilson freight line in the 1990's and they paid workers less at Wilson than ABF. So, if it is the unions and overpaid workers that cause companies to go out of business, what caused Central/Wilson freight line to close?

Razorblade, so I just got back from Portland tonight and after spending 3 hours in La grande Oregon Sunday afternoon because one of your "whatever it takes to get them in the driver's seat" underqualified, inexperienced drivers jackknifed on cabbage hill and closed the road, because he either 1) didn't know to put on chains, or 2) didn't want to. ODOT literally can't keep I-84 open in the winter any longer with these idiots behind the wheel. I spent my entire career on this freeway and trust me, I know what the hell I am talking about. I spent the entire 7 hour return trip thinking about what I was going to say to you. And this will be my final debate with you on these issues. It is apparent to me that you are so out of touch with what is actually going on on America's public highways that it is not even worth considering what you have to say any longer. And remember these are the same highways your precious family uses.The truckload carriers have exploited Americans to the point that they will no longer respond to their pleas for drivers. Now they are down to exploiting foreign nationals. Call me a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ if you want . It's a fact. Americans have become a minority in the non-unionized trucking industry. The only true professionalism left in the industry is in the unionized sector, and those competing directly with us who have to remain competitive to retain employees and continuity of results. I am proud of my union brothers and sisters. They are the "right stuff." They have been beat up by your corporate friends for over 30 years with threats and intimidation but they still keep clocking in and doing their jobs. They are the beating heart and soul of American patriotism, and you completely disrespect them. It's actually disgusting to listen to you pontificate. While the rest of America has defaulted to excuses for their lack of performance because of this Chinese virus, The unionized trucking sector is still "gettin'er done" without apologies. I chuckled when I heard today on the news that UPS has improved their delivery times, while Fedex is still struggling with finding drivers. Big surprise! I am just so sick of your jingoistic corporate talking points. You are advocating for an America that is in it's death throes, and I refuse to debate it with you any longer. We'll see who gets to kiss the baby when this all shakes out. If you are right, then this is an America I no longer identify with.

Last edited:
I used to think that Bubba Gump was the biggest azz on Trucking Boards. I now think that the Blade is a close second and gaining fast. And being around my cousins Bertha and Puddin’ for most of my life, I know a thing or two about a big azz!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Bubba Gump is a name that I haven't seen on the board for a while. Was he banned/booted off or did he just ASSume another screen name? Wow, back in the day, he could be brutal...