ABF | It has to be so, cause RB says so

I posted this on November 21, 2021 (post #99). We are less than two months into 2022.

2020 and 2021 have been very profitable for investors. 2022 will not be.
Markets down 12-15% Check

Inflation will continue wiping out wage increases. Check

Discretionary consumer spending will fall. Check

The price of crude oil will exceed $100.00 a barrel. Check

The Federal Reserve will raise interest rates.
Fed announced at least three rate increases. Check

Russia will use natural gas supplies as a weapon against Europe. Check

China and Korea will become more aggressive.
More than a dozen North Korean missile tests so far this year. Check

Ten months to go. More updates to follow. Yes, it has to be so, cause RB says so.
A wise man allows others to tout his wisdom: A fool speaks for himself.

What exactly are you implying???? LMAO. On a serious note it is probably mommy and daddy didn't praise RB enough as a child so he feels the need to praise himself....
I know I would praise him more if he would just stay in Belize or anywhere else he travels and is not on here. By the way. I too am going to make a prediction. In 2022, Blade will at some point get upset, claim he is done with Trucking Boards, and then come back a few weeks later. I know it is a long shot prediction as most of you are saying that Blade would never do such a thing.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know I would praise him more if he would just stay in Belize or anywhere else he travels and is not on here. By the way. I too am going to make a prediction. In 2022, Blade will at some point get upset, claim he is done with Trucking Boards, and then come back a few weeks later. I know it is a long shot prediction as most of you are saying that Blade would never do such a thing.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Whoa did you just feel that...........Deja vu. :438:

Well everyone I didn't think it was possible for me to have even less respect for the "union" man RB....I was wrong...this is a quote from him on the Pitt Ohio board in the camera thread...he said:
" I always liked the safety meetings where some yahoo from corporate said something like, "safety is number one." At the end, when my retirement papers were in, I corrected him. Productivity and profit are job one."
My take on this is Blade was cowering in a corner like a little girl in meetings with management, until, he put in his retirement papers....how pathetic... https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1736417/

It's called operating ratio, RB. So far they are doing fine, to you're great consternation and protests to the contrary...
ABF is subject to the same high cost labor as the other union carriers. ABF may be the "last man standing" but will eventually be unable to compete.
I will write it again and you will deny it again. When the costs exceed revenue, companies cease to exist. ABF has no product to sell. They manufacture nothing and own nothing on the trucks. They control none of the fixed costs of doing business and must compete on pricing and service. Labor has become a fixed price. Work rules and contractual division of labor do not allow for flexibility or efficiency. Company provided healthcare with no premiums and no deductibles is unsustainable as costs rise at more than twice the inflation r

I have made a vow to be kinder, gentler and less confrontational. However, I don't understand that attitude.
I get that the labor movement's beginnings were, in part, to give the front line worker a return on his investment of time and talent. Time and talent being as important as capital investing but with less risk. The question is how much is the job worth? That, in my view, is a question answered by the labor marketplace. ABF is paying double time because that is what it takes to get the job done. They don't pay double because they want to. They don't pay double because they have been extorted to do so. They pay double because that is what the free market requires to get the job done. They pay hiring bonuses because the labor market requires them to do so in order to hire qualified people.
I also don't get it when management, including the management of labor resources, gets no credit for the success of ABF. How is it that the disaster called YRC is all the fault of management with no responsibility accepted by the union workforce but a very successful ABF gets no respect from union labor for being exceptionally well run?
Don't worry about it RB. Keep being the same hide-bound irrelevant dinosaur you have always been. We love you anyway.. There's plenty of room under our tent, even for you ....