ABF | It has to be so, cause RB says so

UNSOLICITED ADVICE

2020 and 2021 have been very profitable for investors. 2022 will not be.
Some form of the Biden bill will pass sending the economy into a death spiral.
Inflation will continue wiping out any wage increases. Consumer spending will fall because after paying necessary expenses there will be less discretionary income.
The price of crude oil will go above $100 a barrel.
Corporate profits will fall. Some companies will fail. Jobs will be lost.
The Federal Reserve will raise interest rates and decrease the money supply to counter out of control inflation.
Russia will use natural gas supplies as a weapon against Europe.
China and Korea will become more aggressive.
Covid cases will surge in the undeveloped nations and among the unvaccinated.
The second quarter of 2022 will be the start of a worldwide recession.

Beginning mid-December, I will be pulling out all of the stock market profits earned over the last 2 years and then some. By mid-February, my mutual fund holdings will be at the same level as at the end of 2019.
I will max out the allowed yearly amount of $10,000 by buying Series I savings bonds in December and January. Series I bonds are indexed to inflation and currently paying 7%+.
The balance will remain in money market cash until I see a buying opportunity.

Rock,
Print and save so you can trash me in the future. OR, you can follow my lead and avoid a crushing loss. Actually, I hope to be overly cautious and wrong.
The mid-term elections should bring some sanity back to American economic policy.
And I believe Russia and China are planning the first nuclear strike on a capitalist economy next year. So I'm converting all my stocks, bonds, mutual funds and treasury bills into gold and silver in order to hide them in my homemade plastic bomb shelter. BOOM, next year should be something to witness. Markets collapsing, companies going out of business, nuclear bombs falling from the sky. And me spending time counting my gold and silver in my plastic bomb shelter........... Everyone have a great Thanksgiving because that's next year and this is this year.

Referring back to Razorblade and post #99…

Solid advice. Thank you.

My prayers will be with those who can’t see what you are actually saying here.

Solid advice. Thank you.

It was unsolicited advice as stated.....from someone who most on this board don't respect......I can only speak for myself, but yes some of what he said I already believed, some of it I do not.....but I thank anyone who takes the time to pray for me....so.... Thank You....

Solid advice. Thank you.

Maybe you should go back & read all his posts, he’s nothing more then a disgruntled teamster who thinks they owe him more then he’s getting, then in the next post he saying how he’s a millionaire because of his investments. Any retired teamster who is telling me we’re overpaid & not worth what other companies are paying is only thinking of themselves….The man has been out of the game way too long to give his two cents….

Wait a minute!!! Are we talking about the same Razorblade that “retired” back in October (post #67)? Surely not. That would mean he is not a man of his word.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I can't help myself. I can't read the uninformed nonsense on this board without responding.

The most intelligent among us are always hated by the masses. The Walton family, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are on that list. Those who create millions of jobs, provide goods and services at reasonable prices and raise people out of poverty are routinely accused of exploiting labor.

Some who point out that a seemingly successful transportation company cannot survive long-term operating at 8% gross profit when the competition shows operating ratios in the 70s and low 80s are deemed to be idiots. 40 years of history and 600+ bankruptcies may show us to be correct but the masses who demand more of that meager 8% for themselves still refuse to believe. They continue to condemn corporate greed but fail to see the greed in a six-figure salary for unskilled labor delivering little brown boxes from a little brown truck. They don't see the folly of paying the same hourly wage to a dock worker and a CDL driver. When the system that was doomed from the beginning fails, they expect the government to bail them out because they lacked the self-discipline to provide for their future.

Reject my UNSOLICITED ADVICE at your own peril.

Really, I don't work for abf, but they are the most profitable freight company in the business,...wow, think of what they pay per employee, before you come back with odf,fex,...think before you call someone doomed
Fair enough. I should have specified most profitable union freight company.
Still doomed.

I can't help myself. I can't read the uninformed nonsense on this board without responding.

The most intelligent among us are always hated by the masses. The Walton family, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are on that list. Those who create millions of jobs, provide goods and services at reasonable prices and raise people out of poverty are routinely accused of exploiting labor.

Some who point out that a seemingly successful transportation company cannot survive long-term operating at 8% gross profit when the competition shows operating ratios in the 70s and low 80s are deemed to be idiots. 40 years of history and 600+ bankruptcies may show us to be correct but the masses who demand more of that meager 8% for themselves still refuse to believe. They continue to condemn corporate greed but fail to see the greed in a six-figure salary for unskilled labor delivering little brown boxes from a little brown truck. They don't see the folly of paying the same hourly wage to a dock worker and a CDL driver. When the system that was doomed from the beginning fails, they expect the government to bail them out because they lacked the self-discipline to provide for their future.

So to summarize. Basically, you are saying that you are more intelligent than the rest of us lowly drivers and dock workers. And, because of this, you should be hated by the masses. The second part (hated) you may well achieve. But the intelligent part you probably need to work on. Maybe if you donated to a charity, all the pay and benefits contributions that you earned back when you worked and pretended to be a Teamster, your message might actually have some bearing. But until then, you are nothing more than a hypocrite.

Last edited:
but fail to see the greed in a six-figure salary for unskilled labor delivering little brown boxes from a little brown truck.
How is that unskilled? Robots going to do it? Nope. How’s the drones working out? Now let’s talk about city drivers & autonomous trucks are they going to do house deliveries? Nope. Back that trailer up a tight alley? Nope. Answer me this all knowing, why is every trucking company jacking up wages & huge sign on bonuses plus other perks like starting at full rate & benefits on day one if were so unskilled? And not to mention record profits quarter after quarter & not operating in the 80’s (ABF)

I feel the same way about your nonsense. Everything management does is great and they are entitled to the whole pie, labor is stupid and not entitled to anything but cuts in your opinion.
That is precisely why I for one don't hate you....you are not " the most intelligent among us" like it or not you are a truck driver who had no personal responsibility (see bankruptcy) when younger and took the easy way out by screwing over others for your poor decisions unlike myself when I made bad decisions, I paid off my debt and decided to save and never owe anybody again...its funny the people that you name off actually have my respect as people who actually had skin in the game and not the good old boys club of CEOs that go from one place to another because of friendships with the right people....those are the guys I rail against....

Somehow freight companies for all these years survived on "meager" 8% profits, didn't they? This is something new with 70s and low 80s which we actually achieved an OR in the 80s last quarter....who decides what is enough, you? The little brown truck guys company is making record profits so I don't know why that is an example for you to use...as far as the folly of dock worker and CDL driver making nearly the same wage, what did you ever attempt to do about that injustice when you held your many titles? The government is going to bail out your fund and you are going to accept it so you should probably not speak of that hypocrite....self discipline has already been spoken about...see bankruptcy....of course collecting $700,000 dollars in pension fund money is a heck of a head start towards being a millionaire don't you think? But you got yours, nobody else should get a return on the money put in on their behalf....pathetic

I feel the same way about your nonsense. Everything management does is great and they are entitled to the whole pie, labor is stupid and not entitled to anything but cuts in your opinion.

That is precisely why I for one don't hate you....you are not " the most intelligent among us" like it or not you are a truck driver who had no personal responsibility (see bankruptcy) when younger and took the easy way out by screwing over others for your poor decisions unlike myself when I made bad decisions, I paid off my debt and decided to save and never owe anybody again...its funny the people that you name off actually have my respect as people who actually had skin in the game and not the good old boys club of CEOs that go from one place to another because of friendships with the right people....those are the guys I rail against....
Actually, I filed bankruptcy in 1982, eight years into my trucking career. I had just gone thru an expensive divorce and Preston Trucking moved my job. I was 32 years old and vowed never to be poor again.
Never said I was "the most intelligent" among us. I learned from Rock to imply and then deny.
Labor, meaning anyone at any level who sells their time and talent, is worth whatever the job should pay. The job should pay as much as required to find qualified people, no more and no less. The cost of any product, be it labor or a pair of socks, should be determined by the free market.

Actually, I filed bankruptcy in 1982, eight years into my trucking career. I had just gone thru an expensive divorce and Preston Trucking moved my job. I was 32 years old and vowed never to be poor again.
Never said I was "the most intelligent" among us. I learned from Rock to imply and then deny.
Labor, meaning anyone at any level who sells their time and talent, is worth whatever the job should pay. The job should pay as much as required to find qualified people, no more and no less. The cost of any product, be it labor or a pair of socks, should be determined by the free market.
I'm surprised a prince of a guy like yourself would ever get divorced, but I guess it happens....bankruptcy is the easy way out....did someone force you to go into debt and screw over your creditors Mr. Personal Responsibility??...as far as Preston moving your job, you had the right to take your talents elsewhere, to another company did you not?
When you say "The most intelligent among us" who exactly is us? That would be you and to blame someone else by saying imply and deny is something a ten year old would do....
In theory we could agree about pay but this isn't theory it is real life. The good old boys club is alive and well, and whenever a trucking company can't find workers they cry to the government and we import workers. I remember President Bush saying some nonsense like jobs Americans won't do. No it was jobs Americans won't do for what was being offered....Supply and demand is only when companies want to raise prices, not for labor when they can't find people....

"Labor, meaning anyone at any level who sells their time and talent, is worth whatever the job should pay. The job should pay as much as required to find qualified people, no more and no less. The cost of any product, be it labor or a pair of socks, should be determined by the free market."

Exactly how does that work if illegal immigrants are exploited, threatened, and blackmailed into working? Are you advocating a return to slave labor? Or labor where management says: a horse or mule is worth more than a person because an animal costs money and people are lining up to get your job?

Fair enough. I should have specified most profitable union freight company.
Still doomed.
How are they doomed ,they get pay raises every year, and yet every year their profit margins get bigger, so How are they doomed?,and they're turnover margin I'm sure is very low, compared to their competition, due to great benefits, which not many can match, so therefore having a stable workforce is key in this industry, abf can still pick and choose who they hire, as everyone else seems to be taking anyone with a pulse, so nonetheless, they are neither doomed nor are they desperate,...I don't work there, but I think their numbers speak for themselves,..they just know how to operate,